IGNORED

My letter TO the Duggars

miamilyssa

Just sent to the 'ol Duggar family gmail account. Now to get on TLC, my letter to them will be a little less cordial....

Dear Michelle and JimBob:

First off, I would like to give my condolences for the loss of your child. I have been blessed to not have experienced that kind of pain and I pray everyday that I will never have to.

I started watching your show in earnest when you all announced the pending arrival of your 19th child, Josie. Mainly because I had too, found out I was expecting our first child and our due dates were very close to each other. I was then devastated by the news of Josie’s early arrival and the dire health emergency that you both were in. I thanked God for many things- one that she and you made it through and for the continued health of my pregnancy and the little girl I carried now know as Addison Jean Marie

After seeing the struggles that Josie had in the first months of her precious life, I had hoped that would consider her being your last child- for your health, future babies who would experience increased risk of malady and the well being of your other children who need their mother.

My hope was not realized.

On the announcement of the pending arrival of your 20th child, my heart quickened, I was truly concerned for many reasons. I prayed that the Lord would provide safe passage for you and your child, despite the great risks involved. Again, my hope was not realized, but I know that the Lord has his reasons, and that he saw that this child was incompatible with life as we experience it.

If you really knew the majority of women outside of your circle of faith, you would know that we do not see our children as a burden, or as a career distraction. I am believe in God, but I also believe in God giving us the ability to be diverse in our choices on how to live. I would gladly put my career on hold to be at home with my family. But financially, that is not a possibility for many. So I find your words in your letter to Jubilee as a stereotypical assault on women in this country that has little basis in fact.

My concern and the concern of many others is this. Please consider what makes a good mother- it is not the number of children you bear, but how you care for them once they take their first breath. Also consider turning off the cameras, declining interviews and not posting on social for a while- your fans do not want and do not need to see a Very Special Episode concerning Jubliee Shalom. And if those pictures that were leaked to the media were result of family members insensitivity and immaturity, make sure they know that it was UNACCEPTABLE!

Let what has already become a public spectacle end.

I know that you have received many a letter expressing these same sentiments, I hope that you will consider them. In the meantime, have a blessed holiday season and hold tight to each other and help guide your children during this difficult time.

Sincerest thoughts,

Just sent to the 'ol Duggar family gmail account. Now to get on TLC, my letter to them will be a little less cordial....

Dear Michelle and JimBob:

First off, I would like to give my condolences for the loss of your child. I have been blessed to not have experienced that kind of pain and I pray everyday that I will never have to.

I started watching your show in earnest when you all announced the pending arrival of your 19th child, Josie. Mainly because I had too, found out I was expecting our first child and our due dates were very close to each other. I was then devastated by the news of Josie’s early arrival and the dire health emergency that you both were in. I thanked God for many things- one that she and you made it through and for the continued health of my pregnancy and the little girl I carried now know as Addison Jean Marie

After seeing the struggles that Josie had in the first months of her precious life, I had hoped that would consider her being your last child- for your health, future babies who would experience increased risk of malady and the well being of your other children who need their mother.

My hope was not realized.

On the announcement of the pending arrival of your 20th child, my heart quickened, I was truly concerned for many reasons. I prayed that the Lord would provide safe passage for you and your child, despite the great risks involved. Again, my hope was not realized, but I know that the Lord has his reasons, and that he saw that this child was incompatible with life as we experience it.

If you really knew the majority of women outside of your circle of faith, you would know that we do not see our children as a burden, or as a career distraction. I am believe in God, but I also believe in God giving us the ability to be diverse in our choices on how to live. I would gladly put my career on hold to be at home with my family. But financially, that is not a possibility for many. So I find your words in your letter to Jubilee as a stereotypical assault on women in this country that has little basis in fact.

My concern and the concern of many others is this. Please consider what makes a good mother- it is not the number of children you bear, but how you care for them once they take their first breath. Also consider turning off the cameras, declining interviews and not posting on social for a while- your fans do not want and do not need to see a Very Special Episode concerning Jubliee Shalom. And if those pictures that were leaked to the media were result of family members insensitivity and immaturity, make sure they know that it was UNACCEPTABLE!

Let what has already become a public spectacle end.

I know that you have received many a letter expressing these same sentiments, I hope that you will consider them. In the meantime, have a blessed holiday season and hold tight to each other and help guide your children during this difficult time.

Sincerest thoughts,

Very good letter. The part that I bolded is what I liked the most.

You'll get a canned reply in 2-3 days droning on about living debt free and that josie is doing well. I'd be surprised if they updated the response to include jubilee. I'm VERY interested in what TLC responds (if at all).

Archived