IGNORED

Incredibly sensible article about modesty from "CT"!

MamaJunebug

If one is wearing a "Modest is Hottest" t shirt, then one isn't being very....well...modest.

Interesting article.

Some of the men's replies are obnoxious. Men are visually stimulated and women are not quite as stimulated visually bs. I mean, honestly, how many people, men or women, claim they fell in love with someone purely on their physical attractiveness? Most people I know might say they thought the other person was attractive physically, but it's other things that made them fall in love and it's not just thoughts of their gender parts or the girl's breasts that made them go after the other normally. I often hear things like their eyes, their smile, their voice, the way they carried themselves, something about them they could not explain, etc. are what really drew them to the other person. In such cases, it's the person themselves. These men all parrot what they hear everyone tell them about attraction and modesty and completely ignore the elephant in the room the entire time.

The whole "how do we teach girls about purity/modesty without focusing on what they wear and objectifying them?" annoys me because the answer should be "the same way you teach boys" but they don't teach boys about purity/modesty at all.

The whole "how do we teach girls about purity/modesty without focusing on what they wear and objectifying them?" annoys me because the answer should be "the same way you teach boys" but they don't teach boys about purity/modesty at all.

I remain totaly dissatisfied with that part of the equation, too -- but with those people, it's gotta be one step at a time, and baby steps at that.

Archived