IGNORED

Douglas Wilson on Christopher Hitchens

torticat

When Philips said

'We should acknowledge that Hitchens spent his life building on the borrowed capital of Christianity.

Christopher Hitchens, like all skeptics and scoffers, lived, operated and survived in our Father’s world'

Did he meant that America is the Christian Capital? Does Dougie believe that America is the only Christian country in the world?

What a smug bastard.

I assume he meant "capital" the way it is used in financial discussion -- the base on which one builds.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is a smug bastard! :D

I assume he meant "capital" the way it is used in financial discussion -- the base on which one builds.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is a smug bastard! :D

Yes he is :D

But you know, I wonder what would Hitchens thought of me? it was because of him that I stopped being a fundamentalist Christian. I'm still Christian, just not in fundie or theocratic terms. In fact I abhor all kinds of theocracies and fanaticism now. I guess I didn't became atheist because I wanted to see that atheists are not the only intelligent sensible people.

He was a vibrant, realistic man, although I will admit he can be harsh and slightly unfair, but at least he had his reasons.

Archived