IGNORED

Miss Raquel's horse is still alive!

formergothardite

I know very little about horses, but I just knew there would be a topic on FJ, with people who know one end of a horse from the other going into detail about how she's fucking up that horse and putting herself in danger :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She's training that horse all right. She's training that horse to be a dominant, stubborn, and dangerous beast. It *is* possible to train a horse without a halter and lead, but you need a small enclosure and a lot of know how. I have seen a lot of horses go the way this colt is headed.... trained by a romantic young girl, thinking love and affection will win the horse over.

First off- that horse looks thin. If it didn't have that winter coat I would suspect ribs and hips would be beginning to show. She is wearing a hat, so I am guessing it is cold where she lives. Second, in one of those photos, I would swear I see that horse grazing on some bracken fern. This is a toxic plant.If you want to see a good horse training movie, watch "Buck" on Netflix.

At the very least, watch the 5 minute segment starting at 1:10 into the movie. This is a killer horse. I suspect that this may be the kind of animal Raquel is creating. You cannot make a pet of a horse.

I googled pictures, and it totally looks like the horse is eating bracken fern. She is going to kill that horse with her stupidity.

I know very little about horses, but I just knew there would be a topic on FJ, with people who know one end of a horse from the other going into detail about how she's fucking up that horse and putting herself in danger :(
-

Speaking as someone who does know something about horses, I'm not quite sure how to take your comment?

Either scenario - a horse that ends up dead or injured, or a girl who does - is not pretty, or one that any horse lover, especially a horse-lover with horse-keeping daughters about this girl's age, would contemplate with equanimity. Horses are dangerous, period. Stupidity, ignorance and obstinacy, however, are deadly.

It sounds like she thinks this horse is a character from an animated Disney movie.

This describes it perfectly actually. Beauty and the Beast anyone?

Not to defend this nitwit in any way, but if I go walk through the woods on my land and the horses are in that particular enclosure, they will follow me.

I don't lie down on the ground and romanticize it in any way-i know why they follow me, I'm their master, and I'm The Bringer of Food.

They also know if they get into my space or act up around me, they are gonna get smacked, chased, or something flung at them. They KNOW it. It has happened. As far as my horses are concerned, I am alpha mare around here, bar none.

This girl is creating a monster.

Not to defend this nitwit in any way, but if I go walk through the woods on my land and the horses are in that particular enclosure, they will follow me.

I don't lie down on the ground and romanticize it in any way-i know why they follow me, I'm their master, and I'm The Bringer of Food.

They also know if they get into my space or act up around me, they are gonna get smacked, chased, or something flung at them. They KNOW it. It has happened. As far as my horses are concerned, I am alpha mare around here, bar none.

This girl is creating a monster.

Yes, but you obviously trained them. She, on the other hand, obviously has not.

Edited for :dance: I finally made it to 'I AM the sin in the camp' :dance:

Bracken, ragweed and laurel are ubiquitous here in Oregon. Most horse owners I know spend an enormous amount of time keeping their pastures and fields cleared of these plants.

Ummm....is it me or does the way she describes that seem a bit like a romantic date in some cliche movie scene? Chasing each other through the woods, watching the sky. It sounded like something a teenage girl would do with her boyfriend, not a horse. Also, if this is how she is training that horse, she's going to wind up with an uncontrollable horse.

I have been trying to be good and not post any references to Fear of Flying, but now you just pushed me over the edge. . . :D

Oh, and as an owner of multiple horses for many years, I call BS on her whole little romantic tale. As in completely MADE-UP, Liar-Liar-Pants-On-Fire.

-

Speaking as someone who does know something about horses, I'm not quite sure how to take your comment?

I meant that while I read the post, my knowledge of animal behaviour (e.g. lying down is generally a sign of submission, so lying down around a horse is probably stupid), and the fact that Miss Raquel is a nitwit, gave me a sense of impending doom. However, I didn't know enough about horses to state unequivocally that she was DOIN IT WRONG. From previous discussions about them, I knew there were enough horsy types on FJ who would be horrified, so I wouldn't have to be in the dark long :)

Oh, horses don't lay down like that. THere is NO WAY I believe that the horse layed down with her.

RIGHT, I went back and read the whole story again, I totally call BULLSHIT on this! There is no WAY that Knight just decided to lay down next to her and stare up at the sky!

It seems like they were just out in the woods walking and she was SHOCKED!! just SHOCKED!! I tell you that the horse ran and didn't come back when she called. This horse is going to throw her off and kill her if she ever tries to ride him.

Miss Raquel will become "Miss Bonnie". :?

Sorry, I had to write it! :lol:

I've had horses all my life, and what she describes is not normal horse behavior. He may have laid down and rolled, but he would have gotten right back up, shook, possibly turned around and rolled again (some do that, i had one who did it all the time) He certainly would not have lain there, staring into the sky with her. They just aren't 'made' that way, they are prey animals and don't like to be unable to flee to safety if needed, especially with it dusk, as in her pics.

AND Miss Snap Happy CERTAINLY would have grabbed a million pics if it had happened, so it's 100% bullshit.

I hope she reads this: Sweetheart, get real. There are some 'Meanies' out here who have forgotten more about horses than you will EVER know. Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes. It makes you look even more stupid. Give the horse back to whomever he used to belong to. Take some riding lessons, lease a horse from a reputable stable, or hell-get a job at a stable. It just isn't fair to the horse-who, BTW, is looking thin. Hipbones showing are not normal!

I wonder if she even has any idea about what is poisonous to horses, or whether she checked her land. Or even if her boundaries are secure.

Or if she knows how much horses eat:

At the moment while the grass is not going, mine get hay ad lib (at £3.50 a bale and we're lucky to get it at that). Three of them can easily get through a bale and a half a day. For at least 5 months. More if it's cold. Feed - two feeds a day: alfalfa + oatstraw, veteran pellets that soak to a mash, barley rings, herbal supplements, garlic, milk thistle, seaweed. Cortaflex for the oldest at £52 for a two month supply. Worming this month for three: £60. Last feed bill for October to December £190. Farrier every 8 weeks - £65 per horse.

Horses - money goes in at one end, muck comes out of the other!

I doubt she knows much about horses besides that it was on her bucket list and then God bought one for her. God needs to buy her some common sense. Like I really, really feel sorry for this horse. There is no way she is caring for it properly.

I doubt she knows much about horses besides that it was on her bucket list and then God bought one for her. God needs to buy her some common sense. Like I really, really feel sorry for this horse. There is no way she is caring for it properly.

When fundies try to proselytise by bragging about how they're lucky enough to have "God" provide for their every whim, it annoys me. If God can afford to buy this ninny a horse, but can't afford surgery for women with obstetric fistulas, then fuck God.

I know next to nothing about horses, but how old do you think Knight is? He seems young.

And yup, this will not end well.

As I said I don't know much about horses but I thought that them "getting down" is a signal that something is messed up. So no, I think that she made up that little story at the end of her post.

Edited for missing word

Bad Owner Bingo, Daughters of Fundamentalism Edition

1. I LOVE MY HORSE TOO MUCH TO LET IT DIE WITH DIGNITY

2. VETS ARE EVIL--THEY TELL UNPLEASANT TRUTHS

3. WATCHING SOME VIDEOS MAKES ME A HORSE TRAINER

4. MY HORSE WUVS ME TOO MUCH TO PANIC AND HURT ME

5. VETS ARE EVIL--THEY WON'T WORK FOR FREE

6. HANDLING A DOG MAKES ME A HORSE TRAINER

7. BABYSITTING KIDS MAKES ME A HORSE TRAINER

8. CAN'T RIDE, CAN'T JUMP, CAN'T TRAILER, WON'T LEARN

9. I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT MY HORSE'S FEET

10. HORSES ARE LIKE BIG SMOOSHABLE DOLLS THAT WALK

11. I LANDSCAPE WITH SHARP-EDGED JUNK

12. I CAN DRESS MYSELF, BUT I CAN'T TACK UP MY HORSE

13. HORSES DON'T NEED THAT MUCH CLEAN WATER

14. HORSES ARE LIKE ATVS: RIDE, PARK, IGNORE, REPEAT

15. I HAD NO IDEA THEY COULD EAT THEMSELVES SICK

16. PADDOCK, PIGSTY, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

17. IF THEY'RE EATING IT, IT MUST BE THE RIGHT FOOD

18. IT'S OK FOR MY HORSE TO BE SKINNY BECAUSE . . .

19. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A WORMY HORSE LOOKS LIKE

20. I CAN AFFORD BOOKS AND CRAFT SUPPLIES, BUT NOT HAY

21. BAD BAD HORSIE, WHY WON'T YOU JUST DO WHAT I WANT

22. I "OWN" A HORSE I CAN'T EVEN CATCH

23. I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH MY HORSE--IF IT FEELS LIKE IT

24. I RUINED THIS ONE, NEXT HORSE PLEASE

25. ONLY I LOVE MY STARVING, WORMY HORSES (HOARDER ALERT)

Any bets on when she covers the board?

If one colics they will lie down and thrash about, rolling. This is an attempt to relieve the pain, but usually it results in twisted intestines (horses intestines are free-floating, like we were told Josies' were... but I guess they fixed themselves, huh?)

17. IF THEY'RE EATING IT, IT MUST BE THE RIGHT FOOD18. IT'S OK FOR MY HORSE TO BE SKINNY BECAUSE . . .

She got 21 and 22 also. She called him a brat because he ran away and she couldn't catch him. She has had it what, a month or two? Give her till spring and it will all be covered.

Does the horse live on her property? I thought I remember her saying it lives at a friends house or something...

Either way, the "lie down and look at the sky" was completely made up, and that horse is going to be ruined by this nitwit.

Whoever said "Miss Bonnie" isn't lying. :|

Yeah, she boards the horse somewhere else. I doubt she does much of the care for him. She just shows up to use him for a prop in pictures and frolick in the woods with him. I see her getting bored with him in no time. Especially if he keeps running away from her. What's the point of having a horse that you can't pose for photos with?

When I was twelve, my parents told me that my father had been shortlisted for better job in another state. They said that yes, if he got the job, we'd all be moving - but to make it up to me, I'd be allowed to own my own horse. My father did not get the job, we didn't move, and I didn't get a horse. Just as well - I would have been just as bad at it as this idiot. Poor horse.

Seriously. I love cheetahs. Like to the point I have decals to put on my car of a cheetah running and my place has photos and stuff everywhere. But I know that I am not capable of working with them, or heaven forbid, to be entrusted with the care of one. So instead, my bucket list is to pet one. :D

When reality hits, it's going to be a hard one. I just hope it affects her only, and not the poor horse - but that's unlikely. :(

17. IF THEY'RE EATING IT, IT MUST BE THE RIGHT FOOD

18. IT'S OK FOR MY HORSE TO BE SKINNY BECAUSE . . .

No. 4, 10 and 23 make me cringe. Especially 4. I know that a horse isn't like poisonous snakes or alligator or tigers, but I automatically thought of that show Fatal Attractions. :shock:

Archived