IGNORED

If there is a VSE of 19KC re: Miscarriage, I'm out.

Sweetfellowshiphuh

I grew up in the public to a small degree because my father was a politician. We were raised to never to show any emotion other than mild pleasentness other wise you would get beaten. Even for funerals. So I get why the kids are all smiles and not showing reaction and I know why. So it is their normal as it was and still is for me. I would dismiss myself to cry at my grands funerals and completely lost it at my mother's to the point I had to be removed. At my dad's I was a good trooper just as he trained me to be.

I hope you've allowed yourself to grieve in a way that works for you.

I hope you've allowed yourself to grieve in a way that works for you.

Working on it with the help of friends and therapists. My grief comes out as health issues and I am trying to figure out that tears are ok. Still working on the laughing in public too.

So, here in Arkansas, the custom is to bring food for a funeral. Is chocolate alright for a tampax memorial service?

No joke, at my local grocery store they put bags of Hershey dark chocolate mini-bars on the shelves next to the pads and tampons.

So, here in Arkansas, the custom is to bring food for a funeral. Is chocolate alright for a tampax memorial service?

Chocolate and bourbon, I'll put a half pint in my fanny pack and leave the gun home :whistle:

I did on the 13th! Did you miss my obituary on the Jubilee Obituary thread for Speshul Snowflake Angri-la? Precious possible zygote...

I cannot watch this show anymore, but I do like to keep up with the ridiculousnessness. I believe 100% that they will milk this into a VSE and a book.

You mean the one with michelle muttering to a box of used tampons?

Sadly, I can actually picture that happening.

It was funny though. :D

You mean the one with michelle muttering to a box of used tampons?

Sadly, I can actually picture that happening.

It was funny though. :D

Something tells me that she cant use tampax. That shit probably falls right out at this point. Maybe cotton batting wound around a toilet paper tube?

Something tells me that she cant use tampax. That shit probably falls right out at this point. Maybe cotton batting wound around a toilet paper tube?

A sacrificial lamb, more like it.

Sadly, I suspect that a VSE is definitely in the works. The Duggars never turn down an opportunity to make me sick. I was never a loyal viewer until after the first grandson special but I did hear about Grandpa Duggar and how they filmed the birthday, funeral, and his last days for the world to see. They really have no same.

Sadly, I suspect that a VSE is definitely in the works. The Duggars never turn down an opportunity to make me sick. I was never a loyal viewer until after the first grandson special but I did hear about Grandpa Duggar and how they filmed the birthday, funeral, and his last days for the world to see. They really have no same.

Did they gather around his coffin and smile for the cameras?

Alecto wrote:

Chocolate and bourbon, I'll put a half pint in my fanny pack and leave the gun home

Oh, oh I just finished making 5 dozen ice wine truffles. Can I have a few of those and a glass of chardonney to share in your tampax-grief?

I don't think so Buzzard, but they did gather to sing (which was equally as nauseating). It's like they are trying to be a modern day version of the Bon Trapp family. :doh:

Did they gather around his coffin and smile for the cameras?

I actually think I remember some of the older girls laughing at the coffin. It was like a quick second that showed them. I want to say it was Jill,but I cant remember. I thought it was weird,but that was before I knew much about them,so I didnt look into it too much.

I don't think so Buzzard, but they did gather to sing (which was equally as nauseating). It's like they are trying to be a modern day version of the Bon Trapp family. :doh:

But THAT is appropriate fundie funeral behavior! Gathering around the body and saying cheese is NOT! (let alone handing out take home flyers of pieces of the body)...

Laughing can be a nervous behavior and I wont fault a kid for that. Gathering round is totally different.

I actually think I remember some of the older girls laughing at the coffin. It was like a quick second that showed them. I want to say it was Jill,but I cant remember. I thought it was weird,but that was before I knew much about them,so I didnt look into it too much.

To be fair, laughter is often a grief response. I quite often find myself trying not to laugh when it would be inappropriate (minute silence, funerals etc) not because I find it funny, but because that's the way I react.

Yep. They have to prove that they trust in the Lord SO much that they never feel sad, ever. His will be done and all that!

I'd be shocked if there isn't. These people have no shame and they think they are some sort of Christian exemplars. It's too weird.

Back in the world of more rational Christianity, I heard a sermon last Sunday that started with the words, "Sometimes life sucks." Bet that'd make some fundie heads spin! No blaming it on Satan or on us evil sinners either. Bad things happen -- he didn't mention miscarriages but those certainly would be high on the sucky-things-in-life list.

Archived