IGNORED

If there is a VSE of 19KC re: Miscarriage, I'm out.

Sweetfellowshiphuh

The Duggars have said time and time again that they view their show as a way to "Minister to others". (How they justify being on TV when they don't allow television within their home...).

There will totally be a VSE surrounding the miscarriage. The guise will be "ministering to others" about God's will, grief, etc....

Here's the thing. I've had a miscarriage. And strictly speaking for myself, watching the Duggars cope with theirs in their rosy, holier-than-thou "Duggarvision" will in no way contribute in furthering my peace about ours.

I initially found the Duggars fun to watch. It was something we could watch with our 5 year old that didn't bore. I started to question the motives of the family when Josie's medical hardships were painstakingly documented. I started to snark on the show after the whole flip-flops in Honduras/Jim-Bob-o thinking he could speak Spanish-o mess of an episode.

The show has gotten stale and my interest has waned. (I've seen about all the bus packing/processed food/"sweet fellowship" one can handle.) But I'll still watch if there is nothing else on and could use a snarking outlet.

But if I'm right, and there is a VSE surrounding Michelle's m/c. I'm gonzo. I have my own vivid miscarriage pain, I don't need to watch someone parade theirs as a way to "minister" to me.

I'll just giggle at the girls on "Say Yes to the Dress" who think they "deserve" an 8,000$ Pnina Fairy-Stripper dress and whine to their parents for the cash when I have a snark itch to scratch....

A miscarriage VSE would be very insulting. Some women are trying to have their first or second child, and a miscarriage is a HUGE loss! I'm not saying that the miscarriage was taken lightly by the Duggars, but to make a circus show out of it, all in the "Name of God", might not sit well with some.

Prepare to be out. There will be a VSE.

Especially now. There will most definitely be an episode. I'd LOVE to see TLC actually take control of it and offer some actual MDs who can discuss the risks and statistics that were involved, but we all know that wont happen.

Yes, there will. Complete with smiles and peppy music!

Yep. They have to prove that they trust in the Lord SO much that they never feel sad, ever. His will be done and all that!

There are a lot of fame whores out there, but how many funerals have actually been shown on television? Usually people want that to stay private.

The only funeral I can remember watching on tv was Ronald Reagan's.

I remember Reagan's and Princess Diana's--in other words, people who did things of international importance.

I guess we should be thankful TLC didn't air this live.

Yep. They have to prove that they trust in the Lord SO much that they never feel sad, ever. His will be done and all that!

I will probably watch a little when it's up on Youtube. I'm not looking forward though. It's just not normal to act like you're happy when you've suffered a loss. It's not healthy and will be creepy as fuck to watch.

We don't have cable so I can't watch unless it's online. Unfortunately though, I am addicted to the crazy and will continue to watch. It's hard to not watch a train wreck in action.

I don't watch the trainwreck. As of Saturday, I'll have been to two funerals in 10 days, both of people younger than me, neither of whom should've died in their early 50s, both of whom leave a boatload of bereft, sorrowful people. Do I need to watch a VSE of the funeral of an unborn baby who like 19 before her had the bad luck to be conceived by a couple of a fame addicts? No. Do some people need to watch, or get some weird kick out of watching? i suppose so. It will be most interesting when the viewership numbers of such an episode are published. I hold no ill-will toward anyone who honestly will be helped in their own grief, or who feel some sort of connection with the family and watch. But I still don't get it, any of it.

I think they feel the pressue to be that confident and delighted in public but it is such horrifying denial and so psychologically damaging to not admit that one feels grief, anger, loss, etc. I think Michelle will definitely go further around the bend as JB helplessly watches her and worries this will increase her crazy baggage....

If there is a VSE, which I dread, then I'm likely also out...

I agree there will be a VSE, because it's a goldmine opportunity for their anti-abortion agenda. That's what this whole memorial/pictures debacle has been about. They're essentially saying "See, a fetus really is a person!" Believe me, the anti-abortion bunch are creaming their jeans over this one.

There will definitely be a VSE. And the pics (plucked from the internets, because thems not "Jubliee") just promote the Duggars' "pro-family" agenda. See? A fetus is a person! We have a funeral for a person! All you stinky liberal pro-abortion, anti-family, working women who live in cities...go to hell! We, the Duggars, have the market on all things precious, real, modest and family-oriented. That's why we whore out our family, show home births, smile at near death falls, talk about sex, exploit our daughters, film our premie clinging to life and now.....the best of all! The 'hands and feet' of our precious 20th little Jubilee! She blessed our lives so much!

BLECH! Bunch of religious zealot whackjobs! (I'll probably cave and watch the VSE though, puking the whole time).

I will probably watch a little when it's up on Youtube. I'm not looking forward though. It's just not normal to act like you're happy when you've suffered a loss. It's not healthy and will be creepy as fuck to watch.

I grew up in the public to a small degree because my father was a politician. We were raised to never to show any emotion other than mild pleasentness other wise you would get beaten. Even for funerals. So I get why the kids are all smiles and not showing reaction and I know why. So it is their normal as it was and still is for me. I would dismiss myself to cry at my grands funerals and completely lost it at my mother's to the point I had to be removed. At my dad's I was a good trooper just as he trained me to be.

I remember Reagan's and Princess Diana's--in other words, people who did things of international importance.

I also saw the service of a Syracuse police officer killed in the line of duty(aired locally on all three commercial stations).

I will not watch a VSE aka circus. Anna talked about being grateful for her miscarriage. I think it was the episode she visited the prison with her father. Complete denial of grief.

pretty soon we're going to have funerals for tampons.

I did on the 13th! Did you miss my obituary on the Jubilee Obituary thread for Speshul Snowflake Angri-la? Precious possible zygote...

I cannot watch this show anymore, but I do like to keep up with the ridiculousnessness. I believe 100% that they will milk this into a VSE and a book.

I guess we should be thankful TLC didn't air this live.

Michael Jackson's memorial also comes to mind. I suppose they feel their miscarried fetus is right up there with them. sigh.

I did on the 13th! Did you miss my obituary on the Jubilee Obituary thread for Speshul Snowflake Angri-la? Precious possible zygote...

Again I'm sorry for your loss. Since your tampax didn't have sufficient hair, I've brushed Jamal T. Cat and will proceed in making you a custom felted feline mourning vest in lieu of human hair art. :D

Archived