IGNORED

Duggar Defenders?

muffynbear

Seriously? Is there anyone out there who still defends them in light of recent events? I've read TMZ, Radar, and Dlisted and I can't find one person who can defend them. It's all snark. People are sick of their famewhorin' ways. I've read such comments on other web sites like:

***These people make the Kardashians look dignified.

***Oh FFS they could have just SAID, "No foot is too small, etc." without actually having pics of the feet! NO ONE OUTSIDE THE FAMILY SHOULD HAVE HAD ACCESS TO ANY OF THIS. Dammit that is disturbing.Famewhores whoring out a FUNERAL. The Kardashians must be spitting jellus right now. They haven't had a death of their own lately, and so have had to recently dredge up memories of past deaths (Robert Kardashian, Nicole Brown Simpson) but they'll have their chance if (when) Kourtney has her fake miscarriage ending to her fake pregnancy - you know PMK is taking notes here and they're all being fitted right now for their black funeral outfits!The smiling family portrait is fucking creepy as hell.And I swear, MK, I thought that was one of your made up names: "Jubilee Shalom Duggar". Which has to be Latin for "What The Fuck". Right?

***and finally .... (RE:Amy Duggar) The family member that posted those pictures needs to be strung up behind the woodshed. You can't tell me they didn't know that every soulless blog on the internet wouldn't be out for a picture of anything from the memorial service.

Besides our beloved ChrissyLukas, can someone honestly defend these sideshow freaks? I would love to hear from the Pro-Duggar/Pro Fetus crowd .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some Duggar defenders on the IMDB boards. There is one dumb poster there that believes a lot of the shit the Duggars say in their books. She believes the quote from the first book about the Duggars saying they aren't apart of the QF movement. If you go on the Facebook page for 19KAC, the defenders are there but a lot of them seem to be fundies. I also know some Duggar defenders who think they are just a wholesome simple family and they can't see certain things. One of the Duggar defenders I know is a employee of one of my friends and this chick doesn't look deeply at some of the things the Duggars do.

There's still a gal on my FB who likes the Duggars quite a bit. I noticed she wasn't posting any articles after I basically pwned her by proving undeniably that they're in the ATI cult and expressing concern about abuse and the welfare of their children. But she posted on her friend's wall about the name of Jubilee, and said it was "not one I would choose, but such a cute name!" So, she probably crying her eyes out about the miscarriage funeral.

In related news, she was recently all outraged that nuns could ever think about taking the Pill for menstrual difficulties (remember that article?) and how they would just suffer the pains and offer it up instead of taking the ebil pill. Somehow, in my discussion about the morality of the pill, it devolved into "it's evil to take the pill while pregnant even for medical reasons!!!elebenty!!" and them strongly implying that I'm an unrepentant sinner and a horrible Catholic because implanon is the only way I can treat my damn PCOS, if I dared to have sex with my husband. So, yeah, she's the sort to appreciate a miscarriage funeral.

/apologies for my rant.

My "favorite" is SuzanneinAZ or whatever her name is. "Josh's face could look bloated because he might be pumping weight!" Get real lady, the "man" is a lard ass. The only weight he's pumping is his poop out his butt.

My "favorite" is SuzanneinAZ or whatever her name is. "Josh's face could look bloated because he might be pumping weight!" Get real lady, the "man" is a lard ass. The only weight he's pumping is his poop out his butt.

I just spit grilled cheese all over my desk at work.... thanks for that!

Does she even have a LIFE outside of the 19+1deadbaby&C?

If you search her name, she appears to comment on every gossip site on all manner of sundry topics. The first time I looked her up, I got an article about someone with her name getting arrested for assault, but she insists they aren't the same person.

I remember her being mentioned on here. I laughed at that because people who are weigh lifters don't gain anything in their faces.

Oh yeah, her! She's so annoying!

tons of defenders on the "19 Kids..." FB page. Most of them are so sanctimonious too (I'm talking to you, Mandie).

Seriously? Is there anyone out there who still defends them in light of recent events? I've read TMZ, Radar, and Dlisted and I can't find one person who can defend them. It's all snark. People are sick of their famewhorin' ways. I've read such comments on other web sites like:

I just breezed through about 6 of the 15 pages of comments on TMZ and it looked like more than 50% were supportive and positive.

Does she even have a LIFE outside of the 19+1deadbaby&C?

Was just reading through some of her comments. Thats exactly what I was thinking...Woman needs to chill the fuck out :roll:

WTF. She is nuts. All those pictures of the family . . . is she actually related in any way to them? I guess the Duggars like fame any way but it's creepy to me. Eech.

The moms on another message board I'm on think the Duggars are awesome especially in light of the miscarriage. Someone actually said that you can tell how much Michelle loves each of her children when you watch her interact with them. I wonder if she's confusing Michelle Duggar with Michelle Obama or another Michelle who actually loves her kids.

They're still out there unfortunately. I don't know any personally, but you do see them around Duggar dedicated boards. I don't get it myself, but then again, I've looked deeper into their beliefs. Most people don't.

The moms on another message board I'm on think the Duggars are awesome especially in light of the miscarriage. Someone actually said that you can tell how much Michelle loves each of her children when you watch her interact with them. I wonder if she's confusing Michelle Duggar with Michelle Obama or another Michelle who actually loves her kids.

LOL! But seriously, thinking back to the days when I liked the Duggars :oops:, I am ashamed to admit that one of the things I did like best about them was Michelle. I thought she was sweet to her children and kind and even pretty. A small part of me thought about trying to have a family like hers someday.

Of course, I didn't realize a lot at that time. As I have mentioned, my turning point was the episode when they visited the public school and it became clear that no one in the family reads anything except Fundy propaganda. (It also kind of bothered me that Michelle told the public school kids, "My name is Michelle, but you can call me Mrs. Duggar"--I know it's not that bad, but it seemed really patronizing to me.) Anyway, from that day forward I started taking the Duggars with a grain of salt...and now, well, it's all salt.

Feberin, what other board are you on? My mommy board is the same way and someone said almost the exact same thing. Of course, I've been raking the supporters over the coals over there because none of them believe that the Duggars could be bad people based on the show that is edited at the hands of Dim Bob and Jchelle, omg! heaven forbid someone lie/fake/act on television!

That whole thing reminds me of the Vision Forum video that Dougie made in honour of Michelle (when they named her Mother of the Year) with dozens of women saying "Thank you Michelle!" to the camera, as if she was Einstein or something.

Never seen so much arse-kissing in my life.

Now I wanna post that clip.

Feberin, what other board are you on? My mommy board is the same way and someone said almost the exact same thing. Of course, I've been raking the supporters over the coals over there because none of them believe that the Duggars could be bad people based on the show that is edited at the hands of Dim Bob and Jchelle, omg! heaven forbid someone lie/fake/act on television!

There are some Duggar defenders that believe reality shows are completely real. The Duggar defender that I mentioned knowing in my previous post, is one of those people. TLC for the most part has done a good job from keeping details about the Duggars off the air. But there are times that things look fake or staged. The "surprise" party for Grandma seemed staged. The birthday party episode for Jackson seemed fake too, because Jackson suddenly was able to get tons of arcade tickets to buy Johanna that toy set.

Eh, sign me up as a Duggar Defender, at least in this aspect. Parents who have losses have my full permission to grieve and carry on or withdraw or do whatever they have to get through it all. No judging here.

As far as pictures and services, I've talked to and heard stories about old ladies who lost babies back in the days of the stiff upper lip, and those women carry around some heavy silent ever-present pain. Grief is harder when it can't be shared, and now there's some evidence that photographs, and time spent holding the body, and services, and especially public acknowledgment of the family's grief--all those tangible things really do help along the healing process.

I didn't take a picture of my grandfather after he passed, because there are like hundreds of pictures of him in existence, in all the decades of his life. But if a baby is stillborn, there are no pictures unless some of taken after death. I also don't think it matters if the loss should be defined technically as a miscarriage or a stillborn: 16 weeks, 19 weeks, 20 weeks. It's meaningless to a grieving mother.

Now, I do think the amount of public sharing the Duggars are doing here is outrageous, and I wonder if they do have an agenda. I can imagine them using this to try to do a little subtle pro-life evangelizing, hoping to push that philosophy by humanizing Jubilee to the public. Or they are hoping to call attention to the grieving process surrounding pregnancy losses. But of course, even if my wild speculation here would be true, it can still be chalked up to grief, to two parents's desperate attempt to give Jubilee's conception and death some meaning. Yeah, I'm back to no judging here.

I just spit grilled cheese all over my desk at work.... thanks for that!

I just spit water all over the cat sleeping on my desk- he dislikes the Duggars too and felt the unwanted shower was almost worth it.

Now, I do think the amount of public sharing the Duggars are doing here is outrageous, and I wonder if they do have an agenda. I can imagine them using this to try to do a little subtle pro-life evangelizing, hoping to push that philosophy by humanizing Jubilee to the public. Or they are hoping to call attention to the grieving process surrounding pregnancy losses. But of course, even if my wild speculation here would be true, it can still be chalked up to grief, to two parents's desperate attempt to give Jubilee's conception and death some meaning. Yeah, I'm back to no judging here.

God took Jubilee back to live with him in heaven so that his blessed duggars could make an example out of the tiny pieces of her body about teh ebil aborshion. They were told to take teh pixtures and allow famy to post them so teh whole wide worlded can see that she has hands so she is humans.

Last time I checked... a monkey has hands too, just sayin. I'd be curious what a 16 week fetal orangutan would look like.

I've been seeing a lot of forums link back to FJ and people disapproving of some of the things said here.

I'm far from a Duggar apologist but there are only a few things I can really snark on. I doubt if they were everyone John and Jane that they would've had the huge memorial service that they did. I think that was for the TV show and public image. As it is a big memorial and everything that goes along with it is out of reach of most people I imagine. Second is the 'we want privacy' but issuing press releases all over the place. Oy vey. You can let things sit for a few days. Trust me.

Archived