IGNORED

Adopt An Atheist Campaign

MandyLaLa

catholicleague.org/adopt-an-atheist-campaign-begins/

:shock:

Here’s what our campaign entails. We are asking everyone to contact the American Atheist affiliate in his area [click here], letting them know of your interest in “adopting†one of them. All it takes is an e-mail. Let them know of your sincere interest in working with them to uncover their inner self. They may be resistant at first, but eventually they may come to understand that they were Christian all along.

If we hurry, these closeted Christians can celebrate Christmas like the rest of us. As an added bonus, they will no longer be looked upon as people who “believe in nothing, stand for nothing and are good for nothing.â€

If they adopt them, does that make them liable for their college loans? Bills? I could see some good coming from this.

What if I want to be adopted by an athiest? Any links for that?

If they adopt them, does that make them liable for their college loans? Bills? I could see some good coming from this.

Oh, if that's the case, pick me!!! :lol:

Oh! Oh! Pick me, pick me!!! I wouldn't exactly categorize myself as atheist, but I'd gladly fake my way through their little "Closeted Christian" program and spew their rhetoric for a few months if it meant they'd pay off my school loans thus far. :dance:

I just want to know if you get presents, rosary beads, crosses and bibles don't count

They will give you a Mount Carmel scapular as a gift.

I'll adopt you.

Aw, thanks LauraElle- I feel special now. :dance:

If you adopt twenty you might get your own TLC show. :lol:

Oh no! I don't want to be the oldest, that makes me Josh! (shudder)

I'd gladly adopt an atheist but it'd be just so I'd have an extra guest around the house to celebrate Christmas with since the majority of my friends are scattered abroad. :) No proselytizing to them, though.

Being raised Catholic is what has made me such a devout Atheist, so this project is pretty redundant.

Agreed, and me too!

I am really quite irritated though, that they think atheists believe in nothing, stand for nothing and are good for nothing. Actually I am highly offended!

I am not an atheist myself, but was raised Catholic and was the annoying kid that asked question of everything and could never seem to get answers that made any sense. When in highschool they continued to teach the illegible jargon and try to teach us how to live our lives and what choices to make. It became clear to me that they never once walked the talk...

Our headmaster was an ex-brother who left the brother-hood because he fornicated with a nun... The head of the religion department was divorced. And heaps of the young, fresh out of college teachers lived in a house together, which was known in the entire town as the 'whorehouse' because they got upto all sorts of mischief!

:doh:

Stand for nothing? They haven't met any of the atheists I know.

Not sure about the pony, but I could do with some cats if he's offering. ;)

Oh is it a casting call now? Can I please be the Jackson or the Jennifer?? They are my style :dance:

I am afraid I am too old to be adopted. :( :(

They don't seem to realise that many atheists, myself included, are atheists after a long and painful break up with God. I don't need a Catholic to 'fix' me.

Oh, and 'believe in nothing, stand for nothing, and are good for nothing'? Please. I believe in and stand for a lot of things, like equality regardless of gender, something many Christians, including Catholics (though by no means all), do not support. And I bloody well hope I'm good for something!

I have to concur with the other athiests that are feeling a wee bit affronted, believe in nothing? Pffft.

I have tons of beliefs, it just happens that I lack the one that involves Big Sky Daddy™. *shrugs*

Archived