IGNORED

Serven clan just knocked a year off my life!

MamaJunebug

My request for servenclan.com returned a "404 Not found" message!

:shock: :o :(

But a search for Serven clan revealed that they've switched to blogspot.com, is all.

servenclan.blogspot.com/

It's just an economy move. Man! They had my heart racing! Where would I go for reference info on doms in my neck of the woods???????

My request for servenclan.com returned a "404 Not found" message!

:shock: :o :(

But a search for Serven clan revealed that they've switched to blogspot.com, is all.

servenclan.blogspot.com/

It's just an economy move. Man! They had my heart racing! Where would I go for reference info on doms in my neck of the woods???????

I haven't really followed the Serven Clan, but WHAT?

They were my gateway dominionists.

Before firstborn Rebecca was permitted to marry (a man who had asked to court her 3 or 4 years earlier and been denied), she produced volumes of blogposts detailing an inside look at her family's life, oftentimes promoting her family's church (her father's a degreed, ordained minister who leads a family-integrated congregation of homeschooling families) or her dad's ... I dunno what to call it: think tank, book/cd vending business.

Rebecca & her husband just celebrated their second wedding anniversary (see srloomis.com) and the third sister in the family hasn't done much with the blog since she inherited the responsibility.

My guess is that the Rev. Mr. Serven decided to quit paying for the domain name servenclan and just had it moved to blogspot, where it's hosted for free, IIRC.

In any case, if you're unfamiliar with the Presbyterian brand of dominionistic christianity that at first looks very everyday, older posts on servenclan.blogspot.com will give you a whale of an education.

TW for BDSM

They were my gateway dominionists.

Before firstborn Rebecca was permitted to marry (a man who had asked to court her 3 or 4 years earlier and been denied), she produced volumes of blogposts detailing an inside look at her family's life, oftentimes promoting her family's church (her father's a degreed, ordained minister who leads a family-integrated congregation of homeschooling families) or her dad's ... I dunno what to call it: think tank, book/cd vending business.

Rebecca & her husband just celebrated their second wedding anniversary (see srloomis.com) and the third sister in the family hasn't done much with the blog since she inherited the responsibility.

My guess is that the Rev. Mr. Serven decided to quit paying for the domain name servenclan and just had it moved to blogspot, where it's hosted for free, IIRC.

In any case, if you're unfamiliar with the Presbyterian brand of dominionistic christianity that at first looks very everyday, older posts on servenclan.blogspot.com will give you a whale of an education.

*cough* I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Lostie, that your first post gave the impression that you were looking for some BDSM fun. In that context, a 'dom' is shorthand for a dominant.

TW for BDSM

*cough* I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Lostie, that your first post gave the impression that you were looking for some BDSM fun. In that context, a 'dom' is shorthand for a dominant.

Laughin' my fool a** off! :lol: Yes, lostie, I had missed that. Only on FJ is a "dom" as likely to be a religious person who thinks his faith is to take dominion over the political system, as it is to be somebody into something similar but not the same! :D Oh, I will be much more careful with my adjectives, next time! :P

They've been on blogspot for a long time. They just don't update their blog anymore, which is disappointing! They were always full of photos and activities -- sort of fun for fundies. But once Rebecca got married two years ago, there's been almost nothing updated. Even though Peter recently married and photos were promised, still nothing. Sigh. Guess I'll have to find a new fave fundie family.

I think they know we write about them here, and have activated the Cone of Silence. There have been very few recent updates on Rebecca and Steven's blog as well. BTW, according to Cheryl's (Mrs. Serven) Facebook page, Peter and Meredith are expecting.

TW for BDSM

:oops: That's embarrassing since I really should have figured that out. My mind was like: 'What?! I know we say that some of these fundies should just admit they like being submissive in the bedroom and move on, but do we actually have fundies admitting it?!' Haha. Well, now I know for next time. Gotta love FJ.

I'm quite sorry the blog isn't updated any longer. They seemed quite fun and sensible in many ways - yes, they are fundies and dominionists, but they weren't as sour-faced and Holier-Than-Thou than some of the others (obedienttomyhusband comes to mind).

I wish Rebecca the best, I quite like her.

That was quick! Poor Rebecca, that must be tough for her...

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she the one who commented and plainly stated that if a woman cannot conceive a child it is God's punishment for that woman being bad or a harlot or something like that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she the one who commented and plainly stated that if a woman cannot conceive a child it is God's punishment for that woman being bad or a harlot or something like that?

I am pretty sure she did.

I am pretty sure she did.

Sounds like typical sheltered-SAHD-know-it-all-ism. Today she might admit that she was plain wrong.

If it's true -- we need to find that statement and start an "oops" thread of similar foot-in-mouth pronouncements.

She sure is a pretty girl, that's all I know. Steven looked better with a few extra pounds, but he's still a cute ginger.

OK, a comment of substance: I honestly did not remember that the clan had their blog on blogspot. Keep an eye on me, young'uns. The old Junebug brain is in need of something, not sure what!

Archived