IGNORED

Another faux Jew

Rachel333

I need to go to bed, so I don't have a lot of time to look through this blog, but I thought it might have snark potential.

I was reading Mayim Bialik's (I often disagree with her, but I still really like her) blog post here -- http://www.kveller.com/blog/parenting/t ... -so-wrong/ -- and saw this comment:

"Pick a side... Choose this day who you will serve.. I grew up with Christmas and a tree and all the Christmas trimmings. As a non-Jew, non-convert I find the things of the Jewish people to be more true to the writings of the Hebrew people who are responsible for my Scriptures thus our family now celebrates Hanukkah. I never saw a Christmas tree in the Scriptures except maybe Jeremiah 10. Left out? Why not? What's so great being part of the crowd? The Jewish people were considered the least among the peoples and continue to be so today - they were not to become like those around them - they were to be a LIGHT to the nations and surely not with a Magen David Christmas tree topper. A menorah with oil is so much more beautiful. Happy Hanukkah!"

I think it's kind of odd to celebrate Hanukkah as a Christian, even if you're a Messianic Jew. Unlike other Jewish holidays, it started after Christianity.

Anyway, I found her blog here: tentstakeministries.net

She homeschools and seems really into "Messianic Dance in Praise and Worship unto YAH". Her anti-Halloween post is kind of fun.

tentstakeministries.net/2011/10/enoch-and-samhein/

"Halloween has grown from a Celtic (Satanic) high holy day celebrated quietly by pagans and wiccans to the second highest retail holiday next to Christmas. Spiritual lines between evil and righteousness within the cultures of the WORLD have been blurred to the point that many who dress up in costumes, go trick-or-treating, or visit Haunted Houses actually say they aren’t celebrating Halloween! Then there are those who admit to being pagan and are proud to celebrate in every way imaginable from orgies to sacrificing animals and children."

She really dislikes most of Christianity, especially Christmas. tentstakeministries.net/2011/11/i-wont-be-home-for-christmas-november-15-2011/ I love this:

"It would seem that all of the so-called “wayward daughters†of the Romish church return to their mother, the scarlet harlot. Thus, all of the so-called Protestant churches could sing to the Pope that popular song “I’ll be home for Christmas."

"when the millions of people are saying, “Merry Christmasâ€, they are literally saying “Merry death of Christ!†Furthermore, when the fat man in the red suit laughs boisterously and says, “Ho ho ho, Merry Christmasâ€, he is mocking and laughing at the suffering and bleeding Saviour, who died for our sins."

Theres nothing I enjoy more than being told by my gods to sacrifice a lamb or two and leave them at an altar as a gift. Oh wait....Im a Wiccan not a Christian,so I suppose she accidently grouped me in with those crazy animal murderers!!11. I suppose I'll just cross that off my Pagan Halloween to-do list and settle for a good old fashioned orgy instead.

"Halloween has grown from a Celtic (Satanic) high holy day celebrated quietly by pagans and wiccans to the second highest retail holiday next to Christmas. Spiritual lines between evil and righteousness within the cultures of the WORLD have been blurred to the point that many who dress up in costumes, go trick-or-treating, or visit Haunted Houses actually say they aren’t celebrating Halloween! Then there are those who admit to being pagan and are proud to celebrate in every way imaginable from orgies to sacrificing animals and children.

She thinks Celtic is a synonym for Satanic? :dance: SOTDRT fail. Or public school fail. Somebody failed here and it was not me.

Hah! I also saw that comment (on Mayim's blog) and had a major eye roll. I don't always agree with Mayim, either, but I think she's great. Really smart, funny and totally in touch with her inner (outer) geek. I also loved her when she was on What Not To Wear.

I just looked at the "Passover" pictures and, holy flerking shnit, they will make me bang my head on my laptop for hours on end. Foot-washing? Servanthood?!? The whole point of Passover is to celebrate being free from slavery and servitude! Please, Tent Stake Ministries, just get up and back away from something that you clearly know nothing about. (Not to mention that the "lamb sponge cake" does not look kosher-for-Passover.)

I just looked at the "Passover" pictures and, holy flerking shnit, they will make me bang my head on my laptop for hours on end. Foot-washing? Servanthood?!? The whole point of Passover is to celebrate being free from slavery and servitude! Please, Tent Stake Ministries, just get up and back aw :?: ay from something that you clearly know nothing about. (Not to mention that the "lamb sponge cake" does not look kosher-for-Passover.)

:lol:

Unless she has learnt a lot of Toireh and has come across the Midrash that we were redeemed from Egypt because we cannot be 'avdei avadim Hashem' (slaves to the 'slaves'/'servants' of God) but rather because we should be 'avdei Hashem' (servants to God who can serve Him exclusively in freedom).

A girl can hope, right? :?:

My husband is a Levi, so I asked him about the foot washing. The only occasion for it in modern Judaism that he's aware of is that on Yom Kippur, a Levi might wash the feet of a Cohen before he gives the priestly benediction, and even then it's pretty rare.

Also, there's pictures of them celebrating Shavuot (or as they call it, "The Feast of Weeks") by blowing the shofar and doing a "war dance." So they are spicing up their Fake Judaism with Fake Native American practices? Apparently yes, because they claim that a teepee counts as a sukkah--and Jesus was born in a sukkah!

I guess the secret to Messianic observance is to treat it like Mad Libs:

"Hey kids, it's [English translation of archaic name for Jewish holiday]! Let's celebrate by [doing something you've heard Jews do on this day, even though it wasn't done in Jesus's time] and [doing something you've heard Jews do on some other holiday, but it's all good, right?]. We do this to show that [interpretation involving Jesus that real Jews would find horribly offensive]"

I think I've got it figured out enough to write my own self-published lesson plans.

Mayim is a bright lady. My step brother knows her from work (BBT) and he says she can be a bit divalicious at times but she's always on time, knows her lines and fits in well with the other actors.

I admit I don't know the attraction of faux Judaism to these other people. To me you are either Christian or you are Jew. Not an amalgam of both. Pick a religion and stop incorporating things that don't belong together. Here that Lina????

And yeah, major fail to that commenter on the connection between the Celts and Satan (though a good many Anglo Saxons might have felt they were).

And how the hell did the Christ's Mass turn out to be so evil?

Pax vobiscum, y'all.

Archived