IGNORED

Josh Duggar's development frightens me

holierthanyou

I think you may have misread. She is saying she prefers behavioural psychology to Freudian psycholoanalysis. And really, who can blame her?

Voilà.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only got a master's in cognitive psychology.

There's nothing in Josh that was a foregone conclusion at his birth. He grew up poor, overprivileged, in a fantasy bubble. I think it takes a long time to recover from that (if ever). Five years of the real world - no cameras/fame, ramen every night for dinner (chickenetti is too expensive!), five kids, no education, no political campaigns, a lousy low end salesman job, would change hm into a better human being. I kind of want the show to go away for that reason.

I can't STAND Josh OR Anna.

Josh has this air about him... Like since the wedding (and the subsequent sex) he's developed this irritating smile-like he knows something now that the rest of us don't know. Um, hello Fatass, I can tell by the way you 2 still kiss that your technique could use some improvement.

Anna is fake. She's also quite unattractive, but has yet to realize it. Her gleeful explanation of why she's entitled to drive that huge gas-guzzler made her even uglier.

I think Anna's really pretty. I can't speak to her attitude because the show bores me too much to watch it.

What is it that's so attractive about her? Her robotic stare, open-mouthed look of awe and mechanical nodding in agreement when looking at Jabba the Husband?

Her beak of a nose?

Her jacked up, yellow teeth?

The (possibe) lump foot? Remember the beach pics? *shudder*

The malignant glitter her eyes get when she's being smug?

The double chin?

The thin, scraggly hair? Or-even worse-the kinky crispy home permed electricuted poodle hair she used to have?

All jokes aside:IMO she's unattractive.

What is it that's so attractive about her? Her robotic stare, open-mouthed look of awe and mechanical nodding in agreement when looking at Jabba the Husband?

Her beak of a nose?

Her jacked up, yellow teeth?

The (possibe) lump foot? Remember the beach pics? *shudder*

The malignant glitter her eyes get when she's being smug?

The double chin?

The thin, scraggly hair? Or-even worse-the kinky crispy home permed electricuted poodle hair she used to have?

All jokes aside:IMO she's unattractive.

I don't think Anna's pretty either, donks.

YPestis, you wanted to know about what Josh has been doing to get on everyone's nerves lately. Well, there was Josh napping while Anna was about to give birth. There was Anna lugging the suitcase through the airport while carrying baby Michael in a front pack. I can't recall if she was also pushing a stroller with Mack in it or not, but Joshie wasn't doing a damn thing to help her out. Some loving husband, huh? There's more, but that's a start.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think Anna's pretty either, donks.

YPestis, you wanted to know about what Josh has been doing to get on everyone's nerves lately. Well, there was Josh napping while Anna was about to give birth. There was Anna lugging the suitcase through the airport while carrying baby Michael in a front pack. I can't recall if she was also pushing a stroller with Mack in it or not, but Joshie wasn't doing a damn thing to help her out. Some loving husband, huh? There's more, but that's a start.

Don't forget Anna hauling their luggage into their hotel room on their wedding night.

This times a thousand.

I remember reading a post somewhere, here or TWOP, that someone saw Josh strutting through an airport, with a "yes, it IS me" smirk on his face. Anna was lagging behind with the two kids, stroller, and possibly some bags.

He's a pompous ass who can't/won't even help his wife when she's struggling. And in public, no less, for everyone to see. I guess we can say he isn't ashamed to show his true colours, but he's such a dick.

I very much think he is realising that what he has in life is all he is ever going to have, unless he changes something!. And that must be a very scary and depressing thought!.

Not only does he have to change SOMETHING BIG, it's also going to require a) a whole lot of work and b) admitting that his father and their lifestyle is not only wrong, but that it crippled him. That takes strength and I don't know that he's got it.

Are you kidding me? I was just telling a friend yesterday about how my trip to see Stonehenge (and get up close and touch the stones) was the most profound thing I've ever experienced. And THAT is what he got from it?

Yes, please lock him up in a lab! (and keep Anna away so this doesn't keep spreading to his kids lol)

I thought that part of the trip was interesting, bordering on weirdly funny. I can't imagine them going to a place whose construction date borders on dismantling their creationist beliefs. :pray:

It's not that shocking that he said that when you factor this into context....

What I DID FIND FUNNY was that he referenced the children's book used to show everyone (everyone?) what stonehedge looked like in its full, pagan glory...

What I can't imagine is them trying to grasp pre-historic cave paintings which is probably one reason why they avoided travelling to France/Spain.

Okay, here I go. Benefits of living with a REAL brain doctor for four years:

First, Josh's looks alone have worsened ever since he married Anna. He looks to be around his late thirties on this Chickenetti gunk, not early twenties.... DON'T TRY THE CHICKEN....etti.

Anyway, his brain is in the same line of thinking as that as we've seen from Daddy Jim Bob "In desperate need of a vasectomy" Duggar. He is only reacting to what he has been taught all his life. BUT he doesn't exactly seem to be the sharpest gumball in the knife drawer. Even if he was "human" so to speak, he would still be relatively Moose Mason. That's just MY opinion.

It was made very evident in the whole wedding scene that he was meant to be Anna's "Keeper" and that is exactly what he thinks he is. His mind has been shaped so fundielike, that the concrete has hardened over his mind, and he is doomed a forever fundie.

If I were Anna, I'd be running the other way the second Josh stepped on her wedding train (before the ceremony) and/or the moment that he said that he didn't have the wedding ring with him. WTF?!? :doh:

I think those who were witnessing the whole thing thought it was funny, but Anna sure looked displeased. Why should she put in so much effort (making dresses and whatnot, at least good for her on that part) but Josh not nearly as much....?

I thought that part of the trip was interesting, bordering on weirdly funny. I can't imagine them going to a place whose construction date borders on dismantling their creationist beliefs. :pray:

It's not that shocking that he said that when you factor this into context....

What I DID FIND FUNNY was that he referenced the children's book used to show everyone (everyone?) what stonehedge looked like in its full, pagan glory...

What I can't imagine is them trying to grasp pre-historic cave paintings which is probably one reason why they avoided travelling to France/Spain.

The mention of the cave drawings in yr post reminds me of something I've read. A group of Protestant young boys (similar to cub scouts) in France were having their annual community volunteer day and they entered one of those caves and proceeded to try to "remove" the ancien cave drawings. They thought that it was grafittis and since they were cleaning away grafitti markings that day, well...They were nominated for a "stupidest stunt" that year for that...Consequence: the caves in that area are now forbidden to visitors. I could see the Duggars do something dumb like this.

It's a really gross dish (I tried it out of curiosity) made of spaghetti noodles, Velveeta, cream of chicken soup, RoTel, and chicken. Baked so it's all gooey, then covered in a layer of shredded mozerella. In the episode where Anna makes it, it shows them all eating it then switches to a clip of Jessa being asked how Josh has changed since marriage. She puts her hands out in front of her belly to show that he's gotten really fat.

He's a real prize all right... NOT.

LOL! Oh yeah, what a catch.

I think it's funny that the oldest son in this supposedly old-school, traditional, good values, polite, well-brought-up, disciplined family (or at least that is how they fancy themselves...) is so unchivalrous. I'm talking about the bags at the airport, on their wedding night, etc. You'd think our holier-than-thou Duggars would teach the boys to be chivalrous, or at least polite.

He's such an ass... Imagine what the wedding night would have been like for her. I can't stand her-true-but this just sickens me. Wonder if Josh believes in any kind of foreplay or if he just goes for the goal.

I'm betting he just goes for the goal.

He's such an ass... Imagine what the wedding night would have been like for her. I can't stand her-true-but this just sickens me. Wonder if Josh believes in any kind of foreplay or if he just goes for the goal.

I'm betting he just goes for the goal.

THIS. I bet Joshie has never been taught that there is more to it than just his goal- Anna may have a "goal" or "desire" ( :roll: ) of her own.... don't think he learned those concepts at SOTDRT.

I am guess I am evil by hoping that he encounters the mumps, along with his dad, any day now...evil is good

This times a thousand.

I remember reading a post somewhere, here or TWOP, that someone saw Josh strutting through an airport, with a "yes, it IS me" smirk on his face. Anna was lagging behind with the two kids, stroller, and possibly some bags.

He's a pompous ass who can't/won't even help his wife when she's struggling. And in public, no less, for everyone to see. I guess we can say he isn't ashamed to show his true colours, but he's such a dick.

I also read that on twop too.

Maybe it's because I've spent so much time reading about Chris-Chan, but Josh really doesn't seem much like a manchild to me. He is definitely smug, self-centered, spoiled and somewhat childish, but I wouldn't call him a manchild per se.

The mention of the cave drawings in yr post reminds me of something I've read. A group of Protestant young boys (similar to cub scouts) in France were having their annual community volunteer day and they entered one of those caves and proceeded to try to "remove" the ancien cave drawings. They thought that it was grafittis and since they were cleaning away grafitti markings that day, well...They were nominated for a "stupidest stunt" that year for that...Consequence: the caves in that area are now forbidden to visitors. I could see the Duggars do something dumb like this.

Most all of the caves in France/Spain were closed off and replicas were built after what happened in Lascaux in the 1950s and 60s. I can never imagine our gov't going to such extreme measures to save our wild places, especially in times like these where state gov'ts are cutting budgets...

LOL! Oh yeah, what a catch.

I think it's funny that the oldest son in this supposedly old-school, traditional, good values, polite, well-brought-up, disciplined family (or at least that is how they fancy themselves...) is so unchivalrous. I'm talking about the bags at the airport, on their wedding night, etc. You'd think our holier-than-thou Duggars would teach the boys to be chivalrous, or at least polite.

I just find it so odd. His dad clearly dotes on Michelle, and does all the little "chivalrous" things like holding her coat, opening car doors for her, etc. Say what you will about Jim Bob, but I can't imagine him not taking the bags while walking through an airport with Michelle--kids in tow or not.

And Josh leaving the luggage to Anna on their wedding night? Hoo boy, that girl picked herself a winner! I hope her brief brush with reality-show celebrity has been worth it, because he's not likely to get any more caring or considerate.

Archived