IGNORED

Fundie swimsuits

fundies_like_zombies

sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/12/our-beautiful-new-swimsuits.html

Not sure if she really has started a new fashion somehow.

I never realised she was in ireland - thought she was American for some reason.

and Mrs Anderson sewed the suits .......

ZsuZsu made swimming costumes and sent them to a lady in Ireland? :D

Yup - Sarah kinda seems to be a less famous Zsuzsu. I think she has a blogger crush on Zsuzannah!! lol!

I'm pretty sure Sarah is American and married to an Irish man.

I'm pretty sure Sarah is American and married to an Irish man.

I think Sarah is British married to an Australian guy. It's funny if you read their love story she was quite "normal" once.

sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/03/our-5th-wedding-anniversary.html

One of the best things is Zsuzsanna made it into a one piece for us, with a zipper on the back...that way we don't have to worry about the "dress" part floating up!
So, all I can imagine is that she sewed the skirt part to the pants on the sides, because I can't think of any other way that would keep the skirt down in the water, but still not "reveal" the outline of the legs or booty on land. :?:

*groan* Looking around her blog, I found this screed: sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/04/queer-as-folk.html

The comment section is. just. the. worst. Good for the folks trying to reason with her, but damn, they were wasting their time.

I really wish there was a mid-point between these and the horribly revealing high street swimming costumes...

Agreed. This is one of the reasons I don't swim.

Some posters on FJ recommended board shorts and a fitted exercise top to me a while back, and that is certainly a more modest but less obvious option. Also, Hapani makes cute swimsuits, and you can get a tankini top with either shorts or a cute skirted bottom. I discovered that store after my friend was wearing a super cute and super modest swimsuit--I asked her where she got it.

Hapani is expensive, but I can dream, right?

I really wish there was a mid-point between these and the horribly revealing high street swimming costumes...

I wear a rashguard and a swim skirt that matches it. I think it looks goofy but what the hell, I'm covered enough to be comfortable.

Fundie swimsuits are the fugliest things ever.

Like frumpers, they seem to go against their stated purpose of drawing attention to the 'countenance' by being so stupid-looking that they're all you look at!

You do get some nice swimdresses or modestly-cut one-piece suits from places like Land's End, but they're always 'slimming' suits geared at middle-aged women who have had a couple of kids and are insecure about their bellies and bodies in general; aka, the women who, according to the Powers That Be, shouldn't be displaying their bodies.

It's like this forced dichotomy whereby young, fit women must all want to wear skimpy bikinis (which I don't have a problem with, but it's not really my thing) and older, 'ugly' women all want to wear modest slimming suits.

Zsu has started her own swimwear line and is trying to conquer the European/Irish fashion market with her swimwear.

So ladies, here we have one happy customer, who follows? Perhaps they throw in an additional christmas song album by their parish choir, conducted with aplomb by her PP husband.

sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/12/our-beautiful-new-swimsuits.html

I put my little girl in boys swim trunks and a swim shirt. It's modest, but the real reason I do it is so she doesn't burn and there's so much less to cover with sunscreen. You really can't see anything except her forearms and her lower legs, so I don't see why fundies can't go with this option. Also costs much less.

I don't know how modest you want, but this is my suit and I love it:

http://www.pinupcouture.com/The-Bettie- ... tie-bk.htm

I think one-piece suits can be super flattering and cute, especially the retro styles. I get constant compliments when I wear this suit (and I am no teeny tiny girl by any means). ;)

I've said this before:

Moisture-wicking exercise shirt (bikini top or bra underneath) + board shorts = modest swimwear that doesn't look like the WholesomeWear getups.

Even when I was young and more fully immersed in fundie culture, my parents never made us wear those ridiculous "modest swim suits." One piece (not too low cut) with board shorts still sometimes felt uncomfortably out of style, but at least it didn't draw so much attention!

I've said this before:

Moisture-wicking exercise shirt (bikini top or bra underneath) + board shorts = modest swimwear that doesn't look like the WholesomeWear getups.

I bought myself a long-sleeved sunguard swim top but found that it billowed up when I swim (I really swim, I am not a beach lounger! :D ) so I bought a Lands' End (love them!) one-piece and now throw the top on, over it. If I'm going to be wading around a lake or a kiddie pool, I'll add my sunguard board shorts.

And yeah, I wear a big ole sun visor to protect my face when I'm not actually swimming. I look pretty weird, but my friends so far don't mind having me at their pools!

ETA: My swimgear is all about skin protection. Modesty has nuthin' to do with it!

You know, there are a lot of pretty swimsuits that are more covering that 1)don't look like the second-hand curtains in my friend's bachelor pad, and 2)are still modest.

http://www.countryliving.com/cm/country ... 192-de.jpg

http://womensswimwear.com/wp-content/up ... tarlet.jpg

http://www.cablecarcouture.com/wp-conte ... aillot.jpg

So what the hell is so wrong with throwing a gigantic tee shirt over your swim suit. Wouldn't it serve the same purpose?

Archived