IGNORED

Mitt Romney talks to gay Veteran

Samantha

I haven't seen this posted here yet. I don't know why mormon's feel that they can say that marriage is between a man and woman. Also, I like that Romney says that at the time the constitution was written the founding fathers intended marriage to be between a man and woman. That's funny because it was shortly after that, that the mormons practiced polygamy. :roll:

GRN9Y5Nvdqk

I heard a story on NPR this morning. There was another wonderful quote that was left out of that video.

BOB GARON: The guy ain't going to make it. He is not going to make it, because you can't trust him. I just saw it in his eyes.

The story also stated that this may have been the strongest reaction (either way) that people had for Romney all day.

Wasn't talking to a gay veteran in a hospital what turned Scott Brown against DADT? I guess Romney's not as open minded.

I doubt anything but politics changed Scott Brown's mind. He's represents a state that has had gay marriage for seven years now, and I'm sure a significant majority of people in Massachusetts thought DADT was ridiculous.

Not that it will help him in his upcoming election. Mr. Bown's most excellent Washington adventure will soon be over.

As for Romney, I'd bet 10,000 bucks he has no soul.

I live in Boston, so I'm familiar with Scott Brown, but when he was campaigning he was anti-DADT. He didn't change his mind until after he'd been elected. Not the order of things you'd expect if he did it to pander for votes.

I live in Boston, so I'm familiar with Scott Brown, but when he was campaigning he was anti-DADT. He didn't change his mind until after he'd been elected. Not the order of things you'd expect if he did it to pander for votes.

I live in Boston (well, Quincy) also and my strong sense at the time was that he was well aware that the general tide was turning against DADT when he switched.

As for Romney, I'd bet 10,000 bucks he has no soul.

He has many... He likes to keep his pantry well stocked in case he gets the munchies in the middle of the night.

And to those who tried to stop the repeal of DADT I say: HA! Gay soldiers, lesbian soldiers, bisexual, transgender, asexual. They all exist and always have (well maybe not lesbian soldiers... well not lesbian soldiers who are biologically female, because the military didn't always let women fight. But I'm sure that at some point in the history of the US military there was a MtoF transgender soldier who was attracted to women and identified as a lesbian.)

Romney's great grand parents were polygamists, his father was born in Mexico where the family fled to escape prosecution for polygamy. Huntsman (another republican candidate) is related to Romney due to their families polygamous history.

I just hope Romney doesn't get elected, in fact I'm worried what this country might be if the wrong person was elected and wanted to ban gay marriage.

Out of curiosity, who would you vote for president?

If we have to have a republican president, I actually hope it's Romney. He's not anti-gay marriage. He's not pro-gay marriage. He has no real position, as is evidenced by his frequent changes of point of view on this and nearly every other "values" position depending upon his audience. The only thing that Romney really values is his money and the money of his rich friends, so as long as he can keep protecting that, he won't really cause too many ripples in those types of issues.

I have far bigger concerns with how his disastrous financial policies would decimate our already fragile middle class. But of all the GOP contestents on the stage, Romney scares me the least.

Sadly, Romney is the best looking of the GOP candidates, to me. I would just prefer that Obama is re-elected. But if I was forced to choose a Republican it would be Romney.

I freaking LOVE Bob!

Thanks for posting this - this is a must-watch!

Oh my gosh, I'm a Bob fan now too!! :clap:

I lived in Massachusetts too long to trust Romney.

Scott Brown turned against DADT because he voted against it in one form to negotiate better tax breaks for himself and his rich friends. Nearly EVERYONE turned against him and he was flooded with calls, emails, his fb page was attacked so badly his interns couldn't even keep up with sanitizing it, etc. Then he got his tax breaks and was mysteriously anti DADT from then on out.

I highly doubt any moving stories about talking with gay veterans- he knew staying on that track would alienate the majority of liberal Republicans (and Massachusetts Republicans tend to be more liberal than not.)

Archived