IGNORED

Bates Duggar post is up.

tabitha2

Where is it? I looked at their webpage and clicked on 'updates' (which is their blog), but the top one showing for me is still Romania...? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

When I click on Kelly the top post is Thanksgiving. That is really bizarre.

i just saw it on my blog reader...

first sentence:

As the Duggar family attends the memorial service of their precious baby Jubilee Shalom, that was born prematurely during Michelle’s second trimester, our prayers are that many will be encouraged by their faith in the Lord through this storm in their life.

born prematurely? that isn't exactly what happened, kelly-pie.

I googled the first sentence and was finally able to see the whole entry.

gilbatesfamily.com/2011/12/13/jubilee-shalom-duggar/

I can't stand the way that poem scans.

OT: Am I the only one who gets annoyed every time I see that family's URL? Why isn't it 'batesfamily' or 'gilandkellybatesfamily'? It just really irks me that the dad's name is in the URL but not the mum's.

OT: Am I the only one who gets annoyed every time I see that family's URL? Why isn't it 'batesfamily' or 'gilandkellybatesfamily'? It just really irks me that the dad's name is in the URL but not the mum's.

Yeah it irks me too...

"But Gil is the spiritual leader of the Bates, doncha know?" barf.

And 99% of the time Kelly answers in the comments but it says "by Gil" instead.

I realize that many people need to find meaning behind tragic events. It is probably comforting to imagine that the baby had some sort of positive influence. I'm not putting down anyone else's manner of grieving. Also, it was sweet to write the poem for their friend.

Speaking only for myself, I never found this type of thinking comforting. It made me feel better to realize that shit happens and there isn't a reason for every bad thing that happens us. The idea that there is some greater power who allows unpleasant things to happen so that some arbitrary lesson can be learned makes me uncomfortable.

For example :

A mom might begin to treasure her role

As she realizes her investment in a soul.

So, the death of her baby is needed to make the mother appreciate being a mom? That seems cold to me. Perhaps though, the writer meant that another woman would appreciate her child more after witnessing her friend's miscarriage. But if I was the woman who had the miscarriage, I would wonder why I got to suffer so my friend could learn a lesson.

It isn't that I don't think that good things can arise from bad experiences. I just personally have never found this kind of reasoning to be very comforting. It always made me feel vaguely pissed at god.

i just saw it on my blog reader...

first sentence:

born prematurely? that isn't exactly what happened, kelly-pie.

I can't figure out how to say this without being too graphic, but, um . . . did I miss something? To say that J.S. was "born" implies that she has left the uterus. I thought that hadn't happened yet?

I can't figure out how to say this without being too graphic, but, um . . . did I miss something? To say that J.S. was "born" implies that she has left the uterus. I thought that hadn't happened yet?

I've seen other religious people use "born into heaven" for miscarriages and stillbirths....so maybe they just mean that?

I realize that many people need to find meaning behind tragic events. It is probably comforting to imagine that the baby had some sort of positive influence. I'm not putting down anyone else's manner of grieving. Also, it was sweet to write the poem for their friend.

Speaking only for myself, I never found this type of thinking comforting. It made me feel better to realize that shit happens and there isn't a reason for every bad thing that happens us. The idea that there is some greater power who allows unpleasant things to happen so that some arbitrary lesson can be learned makes me uncomfortable.

For example :

So, the death of her baby is needed to make the mother appreciate being a mom? That seems cold to me. Perhaps though, the writer meant that another woman would appreciate her child more after witnessing her friend's miscarriage. But if I was the woman who had the miscarriage, I would wonder why I got to suffer so my friend could learn a lesson.

It isn't that I don't think that good things can arise from bad experiences. I just personally have never found this kind of reasoning to be very comforting. It always made me feel vaguely pissed at god.

THIS

It it just another way for them to emphasize patriarchy.

Archived