IGNORED

Mrs Anna T. & reality

pimpom

Hahahahahahahahaaaaa. I really have to learn to write longer messages! The blog is not bogus (though the address has had many people wondering). We have discussed her before, she is/was a rich provider of snark-material, but we suspect/hope that reality is making her see the light. Het latest post is just another one in her series of tactical backtracking. Even the holy tenet of 'keeping sweet' is now the subject of....dare I say it....new, nuanced thinking...

Hahahahahahahahaaaaa. I really have to learn to write longer messages! The blog is not bogus (though the address has had many people wondering). We have discussed her before, she is/was a rich provider of snark-material, but we suspect/hope that reality is making her see the light. Het latest post is just another one in her series of tactical backtracking. Even the holy tenet of 'keeping sweet' is now the subject of....dare I say it....new, nuanced thinking...

It's OK, we know it's not bogus. The spammer is just trying to imitate conversation so they can slip in their spam. They'll be outta here soon enough. :lol:

I think that Anna will choose to not receive anymore little blessings, at least not till the ones she has now are a little older. I doubt she'll give up her "homemaking is God's plan for women and feminism is evil" thing though. I don't think she could handle 1 day in the real world.

I don't think she could handle 1 day in the real world.

Definitely not, considering she can't even fathom that there are people who make it through an entire day without needing a nap.

Unfortunately, Anna T will continue to write of the evil of feminism and the selfishness of working mothers. She will not realize how hypocritical it is to utilize her right to reproductive control yet belittle the very people who make it possible.

I'm not sure she sees the hypocrisy between her quiverful ideas and her person choices. Her sanity (and daytime naps) is only one child away from being stripped away!!! I remember reading how she complained of the utter EXHAUSTION of working two days a week while her unemployed husband was home with their one infant. If she can't even handle that, I knew she would be utterly crushed by the quiverful lifestyle.

I do hope Anna's apparant willingness to space out her pregnancy (and maybe limit her children), will make her rethink her militant view on motherhood and her harsh judgement of other women's choices. Right now, she's still running very high on her own pile.

She's real, but writes more like a fundie. It's weird.

I totally agree and have always thought this myself. Most of her readers seem to be fundie Christians. It seems like she may have once been Christian and rediscovered her Jewish roots, or something.

I have always liked Mrs. Anna because she seems a little bit more intelligent and self-aware than other fundie writers. Her writing is actually pretty good, and she seems to have something of an identity.

Can someone explain what, exactly, has befallen her? I get that she is re-prioritizing self-care, but what's happening? Is she just burned out, or was there something specific?

Wow. This is great stuff. Despite the fact that she can really bitchy, I feel bad for Anna T. I also have some admiration for her honesty and good writing in the last three posts so of her blog.

Chiccy, I think Anna is easily overwhelmed and exhausted. She seemed to be under the illusion that homemaking would be the way to have a more "restful" way of life. ("Rest" is one of her favorite words.) Now she seems to be realizing that being a homemaker and taking care of two young children isn't exactly a walk in the park.

I totally agree and have always thought this myself. Most of her readers seem to be fundie Christians. It seems like she may have once been Christian and rediscovered her Jewish roots, or something.

I have always liked Mrs. Anna because she seems a little bit more intelligent and self-aware than other fundie writers. Her writing is actually pretty good, and she seems to have something of an identity.

Can someone explain what, exactly, has befallen her? I get that she is re-prioritizing self-care, but what's happening? Is she just burned out, or was there something specific?

She's Jewish, but wasn't raised religious. She was raised by a single mom and obviously had issues with that, so she fantasized about how wonderful it would have been to have a father around to support them, and blamed feminism for the fact that she didn't have a dad at home.

She's been told, repeatedly, that her view of women is more Christian than Jewish, but the Orthodox Jewish women's lifestyle doesn't appeal to her. In Israel, many ultra-Orthodox women WORK, and work damn hard, because the men often study full-time and can't stop without being drafted into the army. So, women are often the primary breadwinners, even if they have tons of kids.

Just reading what she writes exhausts me and I need a nap. Fortunately for me it is almost bed time since I have to get up in the morning and be a deceived, evil feminist and go to my job, where naps are not allowed and work must be accomplished no matter how delicate I may feel at any given time.

I'm surprised she is acknowledging such things, but not at all surprised that they exist. She's been headed for a breakdown since her wedding day. She set some immensely high ideals for herself to follow and live by; ones that no honest human could ever reach.

She's Jewish, but wasn't raised religious. She was raised by a single mom and obviously had issues with that, so she fantasized about how wonderful it would have been to have a father around to support them, and blamed feminism for the fact that she didn't have a dad at home.

She's been told, repeatedly, that her view of women is more Christian than Jewish, but the Orthodox Jewish women's lifestyle doesn't appeal to her. In Israel, many ultra-Orthodox women WORK, and work damn hard, because the men often study full-time and can't stop without being drafted into the army. So, women are often the primary breadwinners, even if they have tons of kids.

It's interesting that people tell her that her view of women is Christian. In a lot of the wealthier Orthodox groups, women stay at home--sometimes with the exception of 2-5 years when their husband is in kollel (full-time study), but then when he's done, he goes back to being the breadwinner. I'm sure in Israel there is more of a tendency for men to keep going with full-time study, but I know it isn't true across the board or a "Jewish thing." Even in the most religious ultra-Orthodox groups, there are a lot of men who work--not the least because some of these groups are very insular and won't use mainstream food or products. So someone from inside the group has to produce them, and certain jobs (like slaughtering) don't permit women.

Anyway, yes, she certainly writes/has a worldview more like a fundie Christian. I'm surprised how little "Jewish talk" comes up in her posts, even though Orthodox Judaism's rules are so exhaustive that they permeate every aspect of life. One would think they'd be mentioned a bit more. Maybe she is catering to her audience, who seem to be mostly fundie Christians and therefore wouldn't understand.

When she was first blogging, she kept quiet about her religious identity. Lots of talk about anti-feminism and God, but nothing to indicate that she was Jewish. She had a majority of fundie Christian readers (not sure how that happened). But eventually she "came out" about being Jewish and living in Israel, and it caused quite a hubbub with her Christian readers who had mostly assumed she was Christian. She took a pretty hard-line stance against any attempts to convert her (understandably). I don't know if she lost a lot of readers over it, but she still seems to have a pretty wide Christian readership. For a while she did explain a fair bit about Judaism and Orthodox practices. I don't think she's very interesting nowadays.

Archived