IGNORED

Steve's not just cruel, he's also dense...

flojo

I just checked. Unless I looked in the wrong places, I think the "Taryn" post was yanked. Howdy, Steve!

The thing that saddens me most about MaxwellLand is that there is no outlet for the imagination there, AT ALL. Sarah's bland, pedestrian little books don't even try to peek beyond the Official Family Line. The kids barely know what imagination is--case in point: the family's decision not to dress as Moody characters lest we might see the pictures and have our pre-conceived notions of them destroyed. (Really? Exactly what identifying traits do those cardboard cut-outs have?) No whimsy, no humor, no pretending, no what-if. Teri admitted, in a post about her book Sweet Journey (about her road out of depression--yeah, right), that nobody in the family had much imagination. Of course not. Steve wouldn't allow it.

Steve let it be known that reading for pleasure is unnecessary, so fiction, or even commentary that may challenge the family's beliefs, is out.

What a grim, joyless, soul-sucking way to live.

If I remember correctly, there was someone on the "Free Jinger" facebook group that admitted to commenting as Taryn. Not a big fan of that idea, but to each their own I guess.

Steve grew up without a father and his mother is not Christian, and I don't believe he has ever been close with her. The kids, especially the older ones than can go on their own (not alone alone, but with each other) seem more interested in befriending her than Steve is.

I don't know about depression, but definitly he has big/huge/gigantic/enormous relationship and trust issues.

Speaking of Taryn, did she leave this comment on the post about the Moody book party, or did one of you? I can no longer tell the difference between the crazy and the parody. Evil symbols on their packaging--is she referring the various symbols for kosher, by any chance?

Sounds like a parody to me. (But I definitely didn't write it!)

Speaking of Taryn, did she leave this comment on the post about the Moody book party, or did one of you? I can no longer tell the difference between the crazy and the parody. Evil symbols on their packaging--is she referring the various symbols for kosher, by any chance?

She may have bought into that nonsense -- seems in character.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/kosher.asp

If I remember correctly, there was someone on the "Free Jinger" facebook group that admitted to commenting as Taryn. Not a big fan of that idea, but to each their own I guess.

Really? That saddens me. :-(

Really? That saddens me. :-(

I went back and tried to find it but I can't remember which post it was on so I have no idea where it was said or who said it (hell, maybe I dreamed it.) Anyhow, the way I read it was that the person was parodying Taryn occasionally, they didn't "create" her or anything. So Taryn's real, but some of her comments - like the one mentioned in this thread, probably - could just be the fauxTaryn.

I don't like this idea because A) I disagree with impersonating people like that and B) I want to know Taryn's craziness is authentically Taryn, not some impostor.

Steve grew up without a father and his mother is not Christian, and I don't believe he has ever been close with her.

Interesting. She's not a Christian, or she's not a Maxwell-style Christian?

Guest Anonymous

Steve obviously lurks here, as the blog posts get changed so often in response to our comments. Given his issues with relationships and trust, his head must be spinning trying to work out which of his real life contacts post here. So far we have QueenMother who is a family friend, Nurse Nell who posts at titus2 in her real name, Jinger Freah who attended a conference and signed the bible verse plaque they were gifted, we have that fairly new member who will only answer yes/no questions in order to preserve her identity, and I think there was someone else who joined briefly and implied they might be connected to one of the in-law families.

Oh Steve, Taryn is the least of your worries.... :mrgreen:

I went back and tried to find it but I can't remember which post it was on so I have no idea where it was said or who said it (hell, maybe I dreamed it.) Anyhow, the way I read it was that the person was parodying Taryn occasionally, they didn't "create" her or anything. So Taryn's real, but some of her comments - like the one mentioned in this thread, probably - could just be the fauxTaryn.

I don't like this idea because A) I disagree with impersonating people like that and B) I want to know Taryn's craziness is authentically Taryn, not some impostor.

I agree, I don't really like the idea of impersonating the fundie commenters on blogs (someone just did Rebecca K!K). However, if he/she is going to do it, at least do our girlfriend Taryn justice! I'd give that post a D+. Writing in Tarynspeak is just not stating crazy random stuff. To write a good Taryn, one must think of the comment like a patchwork quilt. You have to take all the little random tidbits sane, crazy, bible verses and book quotes and sew them together into a great masterpiece.

On another note, holy batman is Steve dense!

Steve grew up without a father and his mother is not Christian, and I don't believe he has ever been close with her. The kids, especially the older ones than can go on their own (not alone alone, but with each other) seem more interested in befriending her than Steve is.

I don't know about depression, but definitly he has big/huge/gigantic/enormous relationship and trust issues.

This may be exactly why Sarah isn't yet married or even been in a "courtship". He probably has no "trust" another man will take care of his daughter. Saying something with your "mouth" and feeling "it" in your "heart" are very different. He may "say" he wants Sarah to marry, but when a young man approaches him, he probably "runs" by finding every little fault.... Poor Sarah..... If he can't let go of Sarah, he'll never let go of Anna and Mary also.

I get it now. I like the idea that Taryn is out there, weaving these webs of non-sequiturs. I also don't like the idea of people impersonating others.

Guest Anonymous

I agree, I don't really like the idea of impersonating the fundie commenters on blogs (someone just did Rebecca K!K). However, if he/she is going to do it, at least do our girlfriend Taryn justice! I'd give that post a D+. Writing in Tarynspeak is just not stating crazy random stuff. To write a good Taryn, one must think of the comment like a patchwork quilt. You have to take all the little random tidbits sane, crazy, bible verses and book quotes and sew them together into a great masterpiece.

On another note, holy batman is Steve dense!

This. I think that posting as someone else is wrong, but posting as someone else and doing it badly is a huge facepalm fail.

The delightful thing about Taryn is that her posts always make sense, if you look carefully at the context. She is my favourite fundie-grandma of all time and the person I would most like to take out for margaritas. :P

This. I think that posting as someone else is wrong, but posting as someone else and doing it badly is a huge facepalm fail.

The delightful thing about Taryn is that her posts always make sense, if you look carefully at the context. She is my favourite fundie-grandma of all time and the person I would most like to take out for margaritas. :P

Holy hell, drunk Taryn would be epic.

Archived