IGNORED

Candy on Trolling - anyone know the backstory?

The Archivist

So, there was this rather inscrutable post today on Candy's blog (joyfulchristianhomemaking.com) - and I'm copying a big chunk of the post because as we all know, Candy is a super-sekrit blogger who doesn't keep archives, or even permalinks of her posts.

I'm wondering if anyone knows which "certain blogger" she's talking about here? Someone who makes the rounds of the fundie blogs more than I do?

Here it is:

I Want to Apologize to Some of You...

In the past, I used to give some heed to trolls on my blog. I don't anymore.

However, I find myself wondering today if I've ever accused someone of being a troll, who wasn't, and never was. If so, please accept my heartfelt apology.

A certain blogger has mentioned me by name on their blog, and is calling me a troll. She is accusing me of something that someone else did. As God is my witness, I have NEVER trolled that woman, and have tried to befriend her, because I think we could have a lot to talk about.

It hurts to be accused of something you did not do. It hurts even more when the thing you are accused of, is something you find heinous. As you know, I detest trolling, and don't take part in it, and never have.

I think it wise, if you are a blogger, or you post about someone online, to not mention people by their names, and personally accuse them of things.

A few months ago, there was a certain blogger that I've had an on again off again friendship with, since 2005. She and I had a disagreement on a certain interpretation in the Bible. Mind you, we didn't get catty or anything, we just disagreed. Well, she got upset, so I told her I didn't mean to cause trouble, and I removed myself from her FaceBook friend list.

Later, I find she had a new blog. I went to visit her new blog, and the VERY FIRST POST was about ME! It accused me of basically messing up her life, because I'm generally a happy person. It went further, and also accused me of things I never did, however it was vague, so I'm not sure what it was talking about.

Typical Candy. Think she's talking about that girl she was friends with, Brandy? That is possible but honestly to *me* it sounds like she's making up stories again using bits and pieces of the truth. Like what happened between her and Brandy, Amanda, Anna and Elena?

My guess was Stephanie-Mountain Mama because there's nothing on Brandy's blog about Candy. But I don't know Stephanie's current blog address

My guess was Stephanie-Mountain Mama because there's nothing on Brandy's blog about Candy. But I don't know Stephanie's current blog address

www.sweepingcobwebs.com

edited to add the right blog...I think.

Anna Matrix, possibly - she had something about Candy and Facebook (I'm assuming it's the same Candy but I don't know). She has a recent commenter (not Candy, but she's suspiciously connecting the two) she has described as a troll. Most of the relevant comments were deleted by the time I got there but it appears to be someone responding to her dog getting "heartworms", another thing I have never heard of probably because we don't have mosquitos over here ;-)

Yup, julie, I think it was Anna (anna.xanga.com for new readers) - someone finally mentioned her in Candy's comments, and then I found this in her post from Dec. 11 -

Troll Lovlies. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm having some 'fun' on the blog, again. Here's what happened: This weekend, Candy contacted me on FB with a friend request. I deleted it. The next day, she adds a message to try to coax me into reconsidering. I delete it, post my heartworm post, and shock of all shocks, I get a prestigious vet (haha) telling me I'm a bad dog mom for not poisoning my pet. Let the trolling commence. This morning, yet another message from Candy. As if I didn't figure out what's has happened, here? Major 'duh', that! I haven't had any 'trollish' comments in six months... until the moment Candy reappears. I don't believe in 'coincidence'. ALL of you need to understand something: I don't need or want you here. I don't like you. I'm not your friend. I don't CARE what your problem is, what you want, or who you think you can pass yourselves off as. MY blog. Get the hell off. Kthxbye. Any further comments will just be deleted. I don't have the desire, patience, or time to deal with your crap. A simple flick of the wrist puts you out of my life. That's all.

I wonder if Candy will ever learn that, hey, if someone accuses you of something ridiculous, maybe just don't mention it and stir up more drama for yourself? None of her readers (pro- or anti-Candy) would have known anything about it probably. But I think she really, really needs people to lick her wounds for her anytime someone badmouths her on the internet, so she feeds into the drama as a side effect of needing to get those nice comments to build her back up again.

Ironically, giving them a peep into the drama only encourages more of her readers to turn against her.

Anyway, if it's even possible, Anna is more paranoid than Candy and I seriously doubt Candy would bother posing as a vet to criticize her for her heartworm medication choices. That just sounds completely asinine.

Ironically, giving them a peep into the drama only encourages more of her readers to turn against her.

Anyway, if it's even possible, Anna is more paranoid than Candy and I seriously doubt Candy would bother posing as a vet to criticize her for her heartworm medication choices. That just sounds completely asinine.

Wow, Anna is seriously one fry short of a happy meal. I think she is the craziest Jewish wannabe I've read. I guess growing up in the U.P. of Michigan, where winter is very long and towns few and far between can do that to a person. She's on dial up too, it must take forever to post her blog. And Ray Comfort is her hero, that certainly says something about her. :?

Um..... so what's up with the "poisoning" her dog re: heartworms? Are all medications poison? I don't get it.

I have a dog and I give him a pill when I'm supposed to. How hard is that?

One bit refers to Anna.. but the bit about the blogger who suddenly has a new blog saying Candy seriously messed up her life.. I cannot for the life of me figure out who this is. I was wondering too, I even went to a few of the blogs I knew from when I followed Candy and couldn't find one that was of a "friend who is now back to blogging"... but I don't have many new addresses. Stephanie seems like a likely candidate, but I cannot find a new blog address for her. I thought maybe Deneice, but her blog is still around, so not a new blogging address. It does make me wonder though.

I sort of guessed that was referring to Amanda, who changed her blog quite dramatically and stopped being Candy's friend - or maybe Brandy, who changes her entire lifestyle (and blog to reflect that) every 4 hours. And I kind of guessed that the person she refers to having a disagreement over scripture with would probably be Stephanie.

Anna Matrix, possibly - she had something about Candy and Facebook (I'm assuming it's the same Candy but I don't know). She has a recent commenter (not Candy, but she's suspiciously connecting the two) she has described as a troll. Most of the relevant comments were deleted by the time I got there but it appears to be someone responding to her dog getting "heartworms", another thing I have never heard of probably because we don't have mosquitos over here ;-)

O/T but where is here that doesn't have mosquitos? :?:

O/T but where is here that doesn't have mosquitos? :?:

We don't have mosquitos in northern CA most of the time. Well, at least not like when I lived in MN where we couldn't sit on the porch most of the summer unless we wanted to get eaten

North-East England.

Ok, we probably do have something that counts as a mosquito (and once or twice in my life I have heard a little whiny insect just before I turn off the bedside light) but I can't think of anything people or pets are likely to catch from them.

Getting stung by a wasp is about as bad as it gets for most of us.

My guess is that it's Amanda. She's been pretty vocal about how Candy was a big factor in screwing her up, especially in that she felt she was failing if she wasn't super-sunshine-kittens-and-ice-cream all the time.

Because Candy is. No, really guys, she's happy all the time because she does everything right. And if you aren't as happy as her, then you are a FAILURE.

Heartworms are a real and terrible thing, transmitted by mosquitos. Don't google the pictures, trust me. Dogs who have heartworms have to be kept quiet for many weeks after they are treated. Around here it costs about $1000 for a dog to be treated (which I assume includes the keep quiet time).

eta: I know of many dogs that are put to sleep instead of being treated, because it is an arduous and expensive thing.

lol, in today's post, Candy recommends everyone print out her recipes if they like them, and add to their HMB, because "I do not keep public archives of this website, and wish no other party to do so, either."

[attachment=0]screencap-JCH-2011-12-14.png[/attachment]

Thanks for the shout out, Candy!

I wonder if this will prompt any of her readers to puzzle over why, exactly, she doesn't keep public archives of her blog, like any normal person? Hrmmm. Headscratcher, that one.

Archived