IGNORED

Why fundies insist on arm modesty

fundifugee

Arms can be defrauding

keu.jpg

The Horrifying Moment

when you realize your friend's fat arm made you look naked in the office party photo

Where did you find this? Wow, how embarrassing!

yes, it is making the facebook rounds. I think it may be the first time that the thought 'ok, fundies may have a point' went through my head.

I don't know which is worse; the fact that the young lady looks naked, or the fact that it appears her stomach is flabby and hanging down?

I don't know which is worse; the fact that the young lady looks naked, or the fact that it appears her stomach is flabby and hanging down?

Oh thanks, you have just provided horrifying realization #2 of the day -- that my flabby gut is flabbier than the apparent flabby gut that is actually a flabby arm. Have mercy. :x :crying-blue:

My step-kidlets call it "cafeteria lady arms" and my apologies to all those who toil in school cafeterias.

Off topic for a moment... you are the first person I have heard besides my mother call any child a kidlet. My momma used to call me and my brothers kidlets all the time... and now I call most little kids kidlets.

Just saying.

Off topic for a moment... you are the first person I have heard besides my mother call any child a kidlet. My momma used to call me and my brothers kidlets all the time... and now I call most little kids kidlets.

Just saying.

I believe its derived from a very nasty word that is commonly used down (here) south when referring to children of a particular ethnicity. Somehow "niglet" broke off to "kidlet" when the word snuck out in polite conversation.

WOW! I did not know that. Here I thought my momma had made a word up and I just took to it. I call my 6 year old brother a kidlet... he says "I NOT a kidlet!" or "No, YOU'RE a kidlet!" lol

It took me a while, but I see it now. It's like one of those optical illusions. I had to squint and move the picture around a while before I could see it.

My step-kidlets call it "cafeteria lady arms" and my apologies to all those who toil in school cafeterias.

My family's term is "Aunty arms." :mrgreen:

Archived