IGNORED

Did Michelle Fake Her Pregnancy?

gustava

If all her other pregnancies have produced babies then it seems odd that TLC would be suspicious at first. However her morning sickness or whatever or the trip just seemed fake to me. Like when she was pregnant with Jordyn (or Jennifer I can't remember) when the show had just began at one point she said she was having some morning sickness and she actually looked quite miserable. This time she kept saying it but she looked fine and acted fine. I just figured at the time that she was expecting a boy and therefore having less sickness since we hadn't seen her before with a boy in the first trimester and I know my SIL didn't have any with her son but tons with her daughters.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt they have ultrasound pics in the disgusting announcement episode? Sure, they could have faked those... but that level of deception is a little more than I'm willing to believe TLC would go along with. The Duggars, sure, they'd lead those kiddos on all day long, fuck them! But I dont think TLC would broadcast something they knew to be untrue.

I don't think that she faked it, but earlier (before the miscarriage) I thought that she might have one of those "phantom" pregnancy. I mean, here's a woman who's sole achivement (I'm sad to say) was being pregnant so many times. Being preg. defines her identity (notice that I didn't say "being a mother defines her identity"")

These thoughts came to my mind too but I doubt they actively faked it. Hysterical pregnancy seems more likely - if she hasn't had a hysterical pregnancy yet she very well might in the near future, she seems very likely to want to be pregnant that badly...

It is freakishly well-timed but perhaps it's more something like waiting for the right moment to announce it? Or taking fertility drugs and trying even more than usual at the right time or something?

Her doctor would have done a dating ultrasound at some point probably around 8 weeks. They would have realized it wasn't real at that point yet she got to 23? weeks before the miscarriage.

I hope this rumour isn't widespread enough that they show the dead foetus on the telly to probe themselves.

No, but it may be significant enought that they actually show some hospital scenes and speak to an actual MD.

Her doctor would have done a dating ultrasound at some point probably around 8 weeks. They would have realized it wasn't real at that point yet she got to 23? weeks before the miscarriage.

A doctor wouldn't be involved in a fake pregnancy scam. A real doctor couldn't confirm or deny their involvement because of HIPPA (w/o permssion). I'm pretty sure the pregnancy was real, but I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like this out of desperation. Maybe they'd show one of those tiny micropreemie dolls that are eerily lifelike in the casket? Please, God no.

A doctor wouldn't be involved in a fake pregnancy scam. A real doctor couldn't confirm or deny their involvement because of HIPPA (w/o permssion). I'm pretty sure the pregnancy was real, but I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like this out of desperation. Maybe they'd show one of those tiny micropreemie dolls that are eerily lifelike in the casket? Please, God no.

$5 that some "fan" sends her one of those creepy things! Reborns, right?

I also think they might be lying about this being Michelle's second miscarriage.

Well, with 19 kids you gotta think... some people have no kids and 8 miss., so with 19 and only 2? Riiight, Mullet. :liar:

I hear the moon landing was faked too :roll:

fyi.. having 8 miscarriages and no viable pregnancy is ALSO very unusual -- does that mean someone is lying if they say that is their history ? :doh: nooo probably not.

I think their contract probably spells out that a pregnancy must be medically confirmed. I also think they have negotiated differentials in scale based on new pregnancies.

this.

I don't think the pregnancy was faked, but it's probably likely that after Josie she might have had an early miscarriage and pretended it didn't happen. If she had regular cycles, it would be easy to cover up an early miscarriage by saying it was that time of the month, even if it happened later than scheduled.

I don't think the pregnancy was faked, but it's probably likely that after Josie she might have had an early miscarriage and pretended it didn't happen. If she had regular cycles, it would be easy to cover up an early miscarriage by saying it was that time of the month, even if it happened later than scheduled.

Since she's been pregnant/breastfeeding so much, she probably hasn't had a reliable cycle in a long time, which would make it even easier to cover.

You ovulate less frequently and often your cycles become further apart and erratic as you get older. That would be why you have people in their mid-forties, with grown children, who suddenly have a surprise baby - they think they are in the clear and don't have to worry about birth control anymore - or they are using Natural Family Planning .. but their cycles and ovulation are very irregular.

Given the amount of time she has spent pregnant and breastfeeding out of her reproductive years she would actually be much LESS likely to be having multiple miscarriages ( hidden / known / or just not realized ) ... just due to lack of 'time'.

*dons tinfoil hat*

I briefly considered that they announced a 20th pregnancy to gauge public reaction to the news. It was less positive this time, so poof! miscarriage.

*doffs tinfoil hat*

But I don't really think it was faked. I like a good conspiracy theory, though, so keep 'em coming. :mrgreen: Next up: Aliens--Do they live among us?

It's totally possible that she has miscarriages that not even she knew about. Especially with her age and the fact that her cycles may not be regular anymore. Even women with perfectly regular cycles in their 20's can have that happen to them. I'm in my mid-20's, and it took me 10 weeks to find out I was pregnant. Had I miscarried at 9 weeks, I never would have known. All that is to say, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt here.

Plus, for a woman like Michelle, the thought that her body is rejecting fertilized eggs, no matter HOW natural it may be, may be really psychologically crushing. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some serious denial going on. Not malicious denial, mind you, but I just don't think she could face it.

Someone mentioned the show timeline. The Last of the TLC shows to be filmed and aired was the World Tour, where Jchelle was pregnant with Jubi20 and talked about it between "papa bear", "how about a dime for these crocs" and "dimbulb won't wear a dress in scotland while harrassing non-Believers."

The Today Show announcement was the morning of the 1st World Tour episode. And at that point, in real time, Jchelle was just out of her first trimester. She probably realizes that at this point she won't be carrying anymore viable Js, so she's going to wait until the 12 week mark for all announcements now, instead of at 4w3days, or whatever she usually does/did.

But I don't really think it was faked. I like a good conspiracy theory, though, so keep 'em coming. :mrgreen: Next up: Aliens--Do they live among us?

My dear friend Giorgio Tsoukalos says yes :dance: .

i would be very very surprised if she did

wouldnt be surprised if she had a few miscarriages between Josie and Jublilee though...

I doubt it was a faked pregnancy, I'm more inclined to believe it was a hysterical one. However, regardless of the rumor mill I doubt that even TLC would stoop so low as to show the baby's remains on air.

I doubt it was a faked pregnancy, I'm more inclined to believe it was a hysterical one. However, regardless of the rumor mill I doubt that even TLC would stoop so low as to show the baby's remains on air.

She might have had 'hysterical' pregnancy symptoms but unless you have something wrong with you (ie hydatidiform mole) you are not going to get a positive pregnancy blood test for HCG.

I worked as an IVF nurse for a while (horrid job) so know a bit about it.

These women were DESPERATE to be pregnant and would have every pregnancy symptom under the sun but you just DONT get a positive blood test for pregnancy unless you have HCG which your body only produces if you are pregnant.

I know that makes me a terrible person, but they let them film Jim Bobs father dying, Josie in the NICU, Josie sick, Jason's accident and more. The only reason to stop now would be if their hiding something imo.

No, that makes them terrible people, not you.

Archived