IGNORED

Did Michelle Fake Her Pregnancy?

gustava

It has been suggested that perhaps the Mullet faked the pregnancy with #20. I'm both horrified and fascinated by the notion, especially since they've said they'll name it and bury it.

What evidence might there be that she's faking?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I don't think there is any evidence? The J-boob family may be nuts but it is hardly likely that their medical professionals would put their careers on the line for the sake of a failing reality tv show.

There really is no evidence either way, unless we get to see the remains (god beware) or medical data from doctor's appointments. It would be beyond low to fake a pregnancy though.

That thought has popped up in my head. But I don't think a pregnancy was faked. I agree with anniec, I doubt doctors would risk their careers to help reality stars.

I doubt she faked it. They would have announced her pregnancy earlier if it was faked. They might be lying about this only being her second miscarriage. As a few people have pointed out in another thread, there was a large gap between this pregnancy and Josie as well as between Johannah and Jennifer. It's possible that there was a miscarriage, but since they never announced a pregnancy, they just pretended it never happened.

I doubt she faked it. They would have announced her pregnancy earlier if it was faked. They might be lying about this only being her second miscarriage. As a few people have pointed out in another thread, there was a large gap between this pregnancy and Josie as well as between Johannah and Jennifer. It's possible that there was a miscarriage, but since they never announced a pregnancy, they just pretended it never happened.

I also think they might be lying about this being Michelle's second miscarriage.

It could turn out to be an hysterical pregnancy, where the woman wants one so much she has all the symptoms, save for a real unborn baby. I mean, have we actually heard from MDs? Or just from BMs? (Boob/Mullet, juvenile play-on-words & it stays)

Unless it's octomom's doctor....

TLC would not want the fall out of a faked pregnancy. I just don't believe the Duggars would do that--they can always marry someone off to boost ratings...

What I'm wondering is, if she had miscarriages between 'Caleb' and J20, why would they lie about them?

Because it goes against the drivel that they spout about birth control causing miscarriages. They would not be blessed by God if they had miscarriages. (or whatever lies they tell themselves to get through the day)

I have no reason to thinks it was anything but genuine.

The kids are close enough together that she didn't really have time to miscarry that often. It's possible that she simply doesn't test for pregnancy until she is farther along, especially since she's pregnant and breastfeeding so much that she wouldn't have regular periods, so she wouldn't know if she had chemical pregnancies (very early miscarriages that can produce a positive preg test, but which would simply look like a slightly late and heavy period if you hadn't tested). I don't think that the gap between Johanna and Jennifer is that big - it's just that the gap between the other kids is unusually small. It took me 2 years to conceive after baby #1, and 1 year to conceive after baby #2, when I was actively trying but also breastfeeding.

Anna was quite open about the fact that she miscarried between her two.

It could turn out to be an hysterical pregnancy, where the woman wants one so much she has all the symptoms, save for a real unborn baby. I mean, have we actually heard from MDs? Or just from BMs? (Boob/Mullet, juvenile play-on-words & it stays)

Nope, we've not heard from any MDs. We're just taking BMs (love that MamaJunebug!) at their word.

edited for riffle

Why wouldn't they deal with previous miscarriages like they're dealing with the current one?

Yea they would have made it public to raise the ratings and keep the money faucet open.

I don't think it was faked, but I DO think there were possible losses between Josie and this one that nobody knew about.

It could be fake as they are very desperate. but don’t they usually announce pregnancy before the pee is even dry on the stick? If they don’t have the visits and such on the show it will really be wondering. The pressure has to be pretty great right now.

I don't think she faked this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other earlier miscarriages. In the first trimester the chance of it happening is estimated to be around 30%, maybe higher. It seems like odds are in all those other pregnancies it would have happened again at some point. But if they don't announce the pregnancy until the end of the first trimester no one would have to know, and they get to keep spouting the birth control excuse.

I don't think it's impossible. The timing is slightly fishy, she got pregnant right before their big TLC sponsored vacation that for other shows has been the beginning of the end. If they don't show any footage of her at the doctors because of this I'll be more suspicious.

I know that makes me a terrible person, but they let them film Jim Bobs father dying, Josie in the NICU, Josie sick, Jason's accident and more. The only reason to stop now would be if their hiding something imo.

I don't think it's impossible. The timing is slightly fishy, she got pregnant right before their big TLC sponsored vacation that for other shows has been the beginning of the end. If they don't show any footage of her at the doctors because of this I'll be more suspicious.

I know that makes me a terrible person, but they let them film Jim Bobs father dying, Josie in the NICU, Josie sick, Jason's accident and more. The only reason to stop now would be if their hiding something imo.

I agree and want to add to the timeline thing. She announced her pregnancy right before the World Tour, then every two minutes on the trip made a comment about being pregnant. Then didn't miscarry until AFTER the specials aired. I'm not saying that it could have been real but it just seems to have worked out beautifully for increasing their ratings.

I am not saying that she DID fake it, just that there is imo ample reason to entertain the possibility. I don't necessarily think TLC was in on it.

I agree that TLC wasn't in on it since I don't think they would take that risk. Really all that had to happen was Michelle and Jimbob realize that their show is almost over and they're not getting pregnant again. They decide to just go ahead and announce #20 knowing it will be a huge publicity boost. They decided ending the season with the announcement would garner the most attention. And they can avoid doing the prenatal visits with the doctor on the show because they have their world tour then a break. They announce and probably boost viewers for their world tour. They are obscure with the due date. Once they feel the publicity has run it's course they announce a miscarriage and since it's so far along they will be doing a memorial service and what not. It's all a big consipiracy theory so I could be completely wrong but it's possible.

I think their contract probably spells out that a pregnancy must be medically confirmed. I also think they have negotiated differentials in scale based on new pregnancies.

Archived