IGNORED

The future of 19KAC

Daenerys

I suspect she'll go on a "missions trip" to a country with laxer regulations and then magically come back pregnant. Or maybe there's even a black market for fertility treatments within the U.S.

There's probably a black market for just about any drug here in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one for fertility drugs.

But yeah, expect the Duggars to go on a "mission trip" to a country with really lax regulations and Michelle to announce she's pregnant a few weeks after her return.

Or, in a few years, when Jinger/Josiah/Joy manages to escape and write the tell-all, to reveal that Michelle faked a successful pregnancy, while "privately adopting" a Latino baby that could pass as white and "miraculously giving birth" before the TLC cameras could arrive.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Progesterone won't do anything for her 45 year old eggs I'm afraid.

The only way Michelle's likely to have any success with IVF is if she uses donor eggs and I don't see that happening.

Is it horrible of me that the thought of her poaching some of the J'slave's eggs occurred to me?

Is it horrible of me that the thought of her poaching some of the J'slave's eggs occurred to me?

I thought the same thing... how horrible, right? But I was thinking that it would be one of J'chelle's eggs in a surrogate (like her sister?)

Progesterone won't do anything for her 45 year old eggs I'm afraid.

The only way Michelle's likely to have any success with IVF is if she uses donor eggs and I don't see that happening.

i bet all of her older daughters are ovulating.

can you imagine? i think that is very far fetched, but would be quite a conspiracy!

i bet all of her older daughters are ovulating.

can you imagine? i think that is very far fetched, but would be quite a conspiracy!

I've watched way way too many episodes of The X-files for me to have any "simple" theories about anything. LOL

I don't know if the show is over quite yet. I think a lot of people are really feeling for the Duggars with the miscarriage and even people that might not support them 100% are jumping on the "it can happen to anyone" bandwagon. I also am curious if this whole pregnancy was faked. I know that's really cynical and horrible but it's crossed my mind. It just seemed to come at the perfect time.

I don't know if the show is over quite yet. I think a lot of people are really feeling for the Duggars with the miscarriage and even people that might not support them 100% are jumping on the "it can happen to anyone" bandwagon. I also am curious if this whole pregnancy was faked. I know that's really cynical and horrible but it's crossed my mind. It just seemed to come at the perfect time.

I think the people that have a lot of sympathy for the Duggars are the viewers who are in the dark about of the Duggars' beliefs. Those types of viewers buy into the whole thing about the Duggars just being this wholesome large Christian family. They probably don't know a lot about the Duggars affiliations with Gothard or the QF movement. I think those fans are probably hoping for the show to continue for a few more seasons.

While I agree with other posters that a Josh/Anna show wouldnt work,I can see TLC trying to go that route if 19KAC is done. I mean..look at the Kate + 8 situation. And if TLC doesnt,Im sure there are a few other dumb networks that would take up on the offer. E! being the first to come to mind. They love stupid spinoffs that cause lots of controversy. Problem with that,being that the Duggars wouldnt want to be told what to do/say,and reality shows on E! are the most scripted of all reality shows in America. So it wouldnt last long either way.

Or they'd just have "specials". Or maybe replace the Duggars with another Quiverfull family. Or try to make an Amy Duggar happen. I dont think its going to go away as soon as everyone wants it too. The Duggars whole life revolves around being in the media now. The money they make,the fame. The book tours. They wont know what to do with themselves when its all over. They probably havent even thought about what they'd do if it came to this.

No poached eggs!!

I'm thinking they will use Jchelles old eggies, and let one of the older girls carry it.

While I agree with other posters that a Josh/Anna show wouldnt work,I can see TLC trying to go that route if 19KAC is done. I mean..look at the Kate + 8 situation. And if TLC doesnt,Im sure there are a few other dumb networks that would take up on the offer. E! being the first to come to mind. They love stupid spinoffs that cause lots of controversy. Problem with that,being that the Duggars wouldnt want to be told what to do/say,and reality shows on E! are the most scripted of all reality shows in America. So it wouldnt last long either way.

Or they'd just have "specials". Or maybe replace the Duggars with another Quiverfull family. Or try to make an Amy Duggar happen. I dont think its going to go away as soon as everyone wants it too. The Duggars whole life revolves around being in the media now. The money they make,the fame. The book tours. They wont know what to do with themselves when its all over. They probably havent even thought about what they'd do if it came to this.

Amy Duggar - never.

Josh and Anna - The one episode this past season that heavily featured them, complete with Anna going to the supermarket with the two babies and Josh putting together a dinky grill, was one of the most boring half hours of my life. I can't imagine too many others felt differently. There is nothing remotely interesting about those two.

Another young Quiverfull family living in different circumstances in perhaps a different part of the country I can possible see. But like the Roloffs who took all they could get from TLC and became more and more boring with each new house addition and expensive vacation, the Duggars' tale has probably run it's course.

Re: Josh and Anna Show...

IDK, man. Joey lasted 2 seasons.

And TLC still has that godawful boring show with the quintuplets and their two insipid, airheaded parents and the forgotten older child.

I bet they'd (TLC that is) go for it. They sure as hell don't have anything else going on.

Re: Josh and Anna Show...

IDK, man. Joey lasted 2 seasons.

And TLC still has that godawful boring show with the quintuplets and their two insipid, airheaded parents and the forgotten older child.

I bet they'd (TLC that is) go for it. They sure as hell don't have anything else going on.

I think the key difference is that Josh and Anna are a known quantity to TLC coming out of the gate. It was almost as though that supermarket visit/grill assembly/Anna liquidating potatoes episode started out as a “let’s test them out†experiment that didn’t go too well. :sleeping-yellow:

There's probably a black market for just about any drug here in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one for fertility drugs.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a black market for fertility drugs. Usually it's not as bad as it sounds - most of the time, it's women passing along drugs they no longer need to couples who have already been prescribed that med, to save them some cash. But some people do use it to get drugs that have not been prescribed; a LOT of people are in love with the idea of twins, so Clomid is a big one. Spend enough time on fertility boards, and not much amazes you anymore.

I see maybe Anna or a J'Slave offering up her uterus. Of course, every embryo would have to be implanted at some point, so there would likely be more than one pregnancy. OMG. A mass IVF procedure. My head is spinning with the possibilities.

If Michelle were to have a hysterectomy, and they wanted to do a series of specials on her doing the boring, routine blood work etc. leading up to it, I solemnly swear that I will watch it as though my life depends upon it. They have my vow to be a viewer for that little series. But I'm pretty sure they'll just keep going until her uterus bombs out (hello, it can't handle a D&C, from what was said in another thread, how the fuck can it handle another pregnancy???), and she dies, or has an emergency hysterectomy. Or nothing will happen and TLC will get tired of footing the bill, and cancel them.

I don't think they'll adopt. Then she couldn't brag, "And I delivered every one of them!" Thank you Free Jinger, Efff you TWOP Howard!

Welcome Francine! "Pauline Fowler" at your service. There are quite a few TWOP posters who are regulars here. Enjoy!

TV shows typically have 'key man' insurance ( oft times known as dead peasants insurance) in case a personality croaks. Theory is it would replace income earned by that the show with that individual featured in it. So if the birthjunkie does wind up under the dirt TLC is likely to be compensated. I don't think the duggars, based on their fundy values would have her insured.

I don't know, do y'all really think they would go so far to fake a pregnancy??

But then again, it's not unimaginable.

Having one of the sister moms as a surrogate would be beyond bizarre but sure make for ratings.

At least if the show gets cancelled, the Duggars' fundie beliefs would prevent them from being on Dancing with the Stars. It was bad enough watching Kate's robotic dance moves when she wasn't doing her "Woe is me" act for the cameras. They will probably still try to famewhore, but I doubt they will get as much attention as she did.

At least if the show gets cancelled, the Duggars' fundie beliefs would prevent them from being on Dancing with the Stars. It was bad enough watching Kate's robotic dance moves when she wasn't doing her "Woe is me" act for the cameras. They will probably still try to famewhore, but I doubt they will get as much attention as she did.

No, but maybe they'll try out for the X Factor! The Duggar Family Chorus! Couldn't you just see the look on Simon's face!! :lol:

I suspect that it was faked as well.

I also think 19KAC is staged half of the time. If one of the Duggars ended up on E! staging and scripting wouldn't be new to them. There has been evidence of TLC scripting/staging their shows. The Roloffs were once caught with a storyline cheat sheet and a lot of rumors persisted that Mike the soccer coach was put on TLC's payroll that way Matt and Amy wouldn't have to pay for his medical bills after the pumpkin launcher incident.

I also think 19KAC is staged half of the time. If one of the Duggars ended up on E! staging and scripting wouldn't be new to them. There has been evidence of TLC scripting/staging their shows. The Roloffs were once caught with a storyline cheat sheet and a lot of rumors persisted that Mike the soccer coach was put on TLC's payroll that way Matt and Amy wouldn't have to pay for his medical bills after the pumpkin launcher incident.

I hadn't watched that show in recent years but for some reason I can't remember, didn't he die eventually of something else? (Mike that is)

I hadn't watched that show in recent years but for some reason I can't remember, didn't he die eventually of something else? (Mike that is)

Mike did die during the final season of the show iirc. I think he died of some illness.

All this talk of a J'slave carrying a baby for her parents reminds me of a Law and Order: SVU episode. Wasn't there one where the parents forced the oldest daughter to carry her sibling, since the mom couldn't do it anymore?

Yes Mike did die ( i think) of a tear in the aorta. I suspect it was an issue that occured during the trebache accident that was not picked up on by the medical examinations afterwards.

All this talk of a J'slave carrying a baby for her parents reminds me of a Law and Order: SVU episode. Wasn't there one where the parents forced the oldest daughter to carry her sibling, since the mom couldn't do it anymore?

I remember seeing that episode. Another show that did a similar storyline was Boston Public. On that show, a teenage girl at the school is revealed to be pregnant and eventually it is also revealed that she is carrying her parents' baby so they could possibly get a bone marrow donation from the baby because the mom had leukemia.

Archived