IGNORED

The future of 19KAC

Daenerys

I hate to sound cruel but I hope the Duggars never adopted or are prevented from adopting. One of the posters here mentioned several months back that the Duggars wouldn't be seen as an ideal adoptive family in some countries because of their family size. I hope some countries will reject them.

The Duggars have proven that they use their fucking buddy system way too much and their methods of homeschooling are crappy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to sound cruel but I hope the Duggars never adopted or are prevented from adopting. One of the posters here mentioned several months back that the Duggars wouldn't be seen as an ideal adoptive family in some countries because of their family size. I hope some countries will reject them.

The Duggars have proven that they use their fucking buddy system way too much and their methods of homeschooling are crappy.

Whilst I agree, when you consider how little some kids in El Salvadro etc have, I would think the life of a duggar would seem idyllic by comparison.

Whilst I agree, when you consider how little some kids in El Salvadro etc have, I would think the life of a duggar would seem idyllic by comparison.

I agree it would be idyllic compared to life in El Salvador. If Duggars ever adopted, I would shake my head and feel sorry for that child.

I think that Michelle is not going to be saved with IVF or with progesterone - I think her uterus is simply too scarred and damaged to support another full term pregnancy. I suspect she might get pregnant but it will not end well. I think she should expect another miscarriage, extreme preterm birth or some other pregnancy complication.

I've noticed that many of the reality shows TLC cancels first have some last minute drama. On J and K + 8 there was the whole divorce thing and on the Roloff's there was also marital discord and issues for the twins with regard to school. So I suspect that TLC might try and edit to show more of the cracks in the Duggar facade. Who knows how J and M will react to this. They might tighten their grip on the Duggerettes or they might shut down the show themselves or they might try and distract with a wedding. If they do go the wedding route they should be aware that weddings can give ++++snark material (just think of the hand-sex snarking done here). So no matter what they choose I think their time is done.

They'll adopt. In fact, they'll probably do a few shows about finding the "right" baby. They'll find some pathetic pregnant widowed quadrapalegic or something ridiculous like that. Mostly so that she cant accuse them of pressure. God I hope this show ends soon!

I don't think TLC will ever show more cracks in the Duggar facade, unless they were filming some of Michelle's doctor appointments prior to the miscarriage and maybe they have footage of doctors discussing the risks of Michelle's pregnancy. I could see TLC putting those parts in the episodes prior to showing the episode about Michelle's miscarriage. I get the feeling that some of the crew members really don't like the Duggars based on the footage of some of the kids sleeping on the floor, filming the girls wearing flip-flops in bad situations, and a few other things.

Out of all the reality show families on TLC, the Duggars in my opinion are extremely fake. Jon and Kate at least admitted on their show to the problems they had. The Roloffs owned up to some of their faults and Amy at least admitted on the show several times about some of the issues her kids had. The Browns also don't act like everything is perfect. Hell I even find the phony Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo and her family to be more real than the Duggars.

They'll adopt. In fact, they'll probably do a few shows about finding the "right" baby. They'll find some pathetic pregnant widowed quadrapalegic or something ridiculous like that. Mostly so that she cant accuse them of pressure. God I hope this show ends soon!

I'm going to sound horrible but I laughed that and I agree I could see the Duggars finding someone in a really bad situation in order to adopt a baby or a child.

I'm also hoping the show will end soon. But as I mentioned before, Boob is likely negotiating with TLC to keep the show running longer. I wouldn't be surprised if Smuggar is trying to get his own show.

If TLC ends the show soon, Boob will do what Matt Roloff did and will get deals for documentary specials or something.

I'm going to sound horrible but I laughed that and I agree I could see the Duggars finding someone in a really bad situation in order to adopt a baby or a child.

I'm also hoping the show will end soon. But as I mentioned before, Boob is likely negotiating with TLC to keep the show running longer. I wouldn't be surprised if Smuggar is trying to get his own show.

If TLC ends the show soon, Boob will do what Matt Roloff did and will get deals for documentary specials or something.

J&A have been angling for that for a while, but it'll never happen for two reasons:

1. They're boring and not very likable

2. They share too much of a social circle and value systems with the original series - same city, same church, same friends.

J&A have been angling for that for a while, but it'll never happen for two reasons:

1. They're boring and not very likable

2. They share too much of a social circle and value systems with the original series - same city, same church, same friends.

Smuggar and Anna dont have ANY likeability. Smuggar is a douche and Anna is a dimwit. "I really like driving hummers" and "I can make my own baybee foodz." They'll never have their own show, unless Josh does it himself on the local public access channel... or a show on the food network as he eats his way across the country buying used cars. Plenty of shitters for anna to give birth on!

I don't agree that a life with the Duggars will automatically be better off than remaining in a poor country. People have used that argument to justify all kinds of crap. Tearing a kid away from the only life they've ever known to go to a different culture where they don't even understand what their parents are saying is traumatic. Even if the kid is pre-verbal, there's still culture shock that goes far beyond the normal issues that adopted children face. I hope no kid ever gets stuck with the Duggars.

I don't think that international adoption is always wrong, but I do think the Duggars would do it in the worst way possible. It's not like adopting a puppy from a pound, but that's exactly how they'll treat it. I actually hope they're racist enough that they won't a brown baby. If they do get one, it's life will be even worse than the other J-kids.

I don't agree that a life with the Duggars will automatically be better off than remaining in a poor country. People have used that argument to justify all kinds of crap. Tearing a kid away from the only life they've ever known to go to a different culture where they don't even understand what their parents are saying is traumatic. Even if the kid is pre-verbal, there's still culture shock that goes far beyond the normal issues that adopted children face. I hope no kid ever gets stuck with the Duggars.

I don't think that international adoption is always wrong, but I do think the Duggars would do it in the worst way possible. It's not like adopting a puppy from a pound, but that's exactly how they'll treat it. I actually hope they're racist enough that they won't a brown baby. If they do get one, it's life will be even worse than the other J-kids.

If they adopt from Central America I fear that this kid will become a fundie version of "Cosette" in "Les Misérables".

It's becoming ghoulish.

I agree. I'm hoping the show died with the fetus, but if there's ratings in the funeral TLC will definitely show it. After that...I'm thinking it's over except for occasional specials. Everything is just so played out. The only downside is that the public won't see what the miscarriage does to the family. Who gets blamed, who runs away, he crazy religious antis this will bring about, Michelle inevitable breakdown, the buddy system replacing parenting, etc.

It might be easier for them to adopt off camera. An on camera adoption? They don't have a prayer. Your daughters wear used flip-flops and home perms, but you can come up with $30-40k to buy a 20th child? I don't think so. Not to mention they won't break the Gothard no-adoption rule.

If they adopt from Central America I fear that this kid will become a fundie version of "Cosette" in "Les Misérables".

I can totally see them coming home with a 14 year old HIV + female kid that they plan to keep around forever as a SAHD rather than marry off... since they have better medical care and all. How old was that kid one of the J'slaves bonded with?

I can totally see them coming home with a 14 year old HIV + female kid that they plan to keep around forever as a SAHD rather than marry off... since they have better medical care and all. How old was that kid one of the J'slaves bonded with?

lol, Jill's pal she made down there? Yeah, I can totally see that. And whoever it is (one of the older girls) that is so into learning Spanish can be the translator.

Michelle and JB's ages alone would make it difficult if not impossible to adopt an infant internationally from any reputable agency. Of course, that doesn't restrict them from adopting an older child (though I don't think they would want to) or going to a super speshul christian group like the one caught trying to kidnap hatian children after the earthquake.

Given the number of children already in the house, and the fact that they share 2 bedrooms and do not have their own beds, they would not be able to adopt from foster care. But again, I don't think they would want an older child or a non-white child, and that's what they'd be more likely to get from foster care. I could definitely see someone choosing to place their baby with the duggars through a private adoption though. I could even see one of their sheeple volunteering a surrogacy arrangement, but I don't think J'chelle would want to go that route because it would deprive her of the pregnancy she's addicted to.

I think the future of the show really depends on how they deal with this miscarriage, and whether or not they come to their senses about their family's needs. They kept the show around through JL Duggar's death and through Josie's struggles, but I think the miscarriage represents a real turning point too. They've asked for privacy to deal with their loss; it's a long shot, but I hope they really mean that. They could take this as a sign/message/opportunity to really focus on their kids instead of their money, and I hope they take it.

I can totally see them coming home with a 14 year old HIV + female kid that they plan to keep around forever as a SAHD rather than marry off...

They'll want a healthy enough girl to outlive JB&M. More likely they'll adopt a girl that's not marriage material for some reason, so she's forced to SAHD/nurse elderly parents.

Gothardism only works if you're raised in it or traumatized/confused into it. I don't think an adoptee will be able to dehumanize themselves enough to fit in.

lol, Jill's pal she made down there? Yeah, I can totally see that. And whoever it is (one of the older girls) that is so into learning Spanish can be the translator.

I'm sure theres a training camp they can send her to so she can get up to speed with her english. It may or may not involve plumbing line.

"Pickle" smack, thats an PICKLE!!!

"Hairspray" smack...

only the essentials

The show jumped the shark a while ago. It has now jumped Jaws. Game over, no more lives. Thanks for playing.

edited because "now" and "not" have different meanings...

I don't think they'll adopt. Then she couldn't brag, "And I delivered every one of them!" Thank you Free Jinger, Efff you TWOP Howard!

I don't think they'll adopt. Then she couldn't brag, "And I delivered every one of them!" Thank you Free Jinger, Efff you TWOP Howard!

Welcome to FJ.

Michelle will try to get pregnant again. I suspect she'll use fertility drugs, or maybe even IVF. To pay for it, they might marry off some of the older girls and heap more work on Joy. Getting rid of even one daughter would save them a fortune on hair gel. If Michelle does manage to get pregnant with these treatments, TLC will drop them like a brick, after a season of editing to show their true colors. People are already starting to wise up and stop liking the Duggars, but TLC will want to make sure everyone really hates them before canceling.

If Michelle doesn't manage to get pregnant in spite of everything, she'll try to adopt a kid, and TLC would definitely keep them on the air for that whole fiasco. TLC would probably even help it along by finding a baby and setting up the private adoption. And in about 5 years we'll hear from the birth mom who will go on some talk show and reveal how coercive TLC was in taking her baby and giving it to the Duggars.

Any licensed physician who participates in fertility treatment for Michelle would be guilty of medical malpractice.

Yes, welcome! But remember STAY ON TOPIC or we are shutting down the board. Just kidding, glad you found us :dance:

Any licensed physician who participates in fertility treatment for Michelle would be guilty of medical malpractice.

I suspect she'll go on a "missions trip" to a country with laxer regulations and then magically come back pregnant. Or maybe there's even a black market for fertility treatments within the U.S.

Also, I don't think J'chelle would do IVF. I'm pretty sure she would think all the embryos are alive and real babies and that each of them needs a change at life. So 1) She would want them to put all the eggs in her at once or 2) She'd have to get pregnant multiple times so she could use them all up.

I bet she likes the idea of IVF though because she could be more likely to have twins. I feel like she's always talking about how exciting it would be to have twins again (just because of the whole 2 for 1 deal that ups her numbers quicker, I'm sure).

Maybe,but it did for Kelly Bates-who has actually been pregnant more-so they aren't going to see any reason why it should not for them.
Progesterone won't do anything for her 45 year old eggs I'm afraid.

The only way Michelle's likely to have any success with IVF is if she uses donor eggs and I don't see that happening.

Archived