IGNORED

Update on Michelle

Mars

But if they really believe that life begins at conception, they kind of should at least recognize the miscarried fetuses. Michelle said they "can't wait to see their miscarried children in heaven"; ....

If fetuses go to heaven, that would make at least a quarter of the population of heaven fetuses --more if you include the aborted ones-- EW!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly think In heaven every one will be beautiful and whole and healthy or the babies they lost are the children they would have been.I like that thought actually,very comforting if you think about it.Maybe the Duggars believe this too.

I truly think In heaven every one will be beautiful and whole and healthy or the babies they lost are the children they would have been.I like that thought actually,very comforting if you think about it.Maybe the Duggars believe this too.

I like your vision of heaven too.

Ah reminds me of a storyline of one of my favorite soap opera characters. Makes me tear up everytime.

The place that J&A went for their ultrasound was just a retail ultrasound place. Generally they are places that you can go and pay for additional ultrasounds of your baby, where they have advanced 4D scans that give really good detailed shots. I think some of them may operate with medical consultations, but they do elective ultrasounds too. I don't think it had anything to do with where Anna was actually receiving her prenatal care. .

Just a pet peeve here, but wouldn't that be a 3D ultrasound? Why is it called a 4d?

I've been wondering about this too.

Agreed. Only death or menopause will stop her trying to conceive.

Sadly enough, I think that is true.

Menopause better come quickly.

I'm waiting for more news on Michelle since they surely would share once the miscarriage actually happened.

No word so far? What does that mean?

It's standard practice to avoid certain inducing agents with a history of C/S.

I thought she had an inverted T C/S with Josie? Which, even without her history of extreme pgcy, would put her higher risk than for a LUCS or even a classical incision.

They do the vertical incision with micropremies. I began reading the wonderful blog of the young mother who prayed with Mullet on the show (I never saw it, but read about it). At any rate, she was given the same options: vertical incision that even with no prior pregnancies jeopardizes subsequent conceptions, let alone full-term pregnancies. I also think I recall her saying a VBAC is also out of the question, but I'm assuming that's with a viable fetus. Hence, the announcement that an early c-section was already on the books.

Of course, Mullet is fertile Myrtle, but it looks like consequences B and C are problematic, especially since we probably will never know the truth about what really happened with the delivery of J20 (especially WHEN).

They do the vertical incision with micropremies. I began reading the wonderful blog of the young mother who prayed with Mullet on the show (I never saw it, but read about it). At any rate, she was given the same options: vertical incision that even with no prior pregnancies jeopardizes subsequent conceptions, let alone full-term pregnancies. I also think I recall her saying a VBAC is also out of the question, but I'm assuming that's with a viable fetus. Hence, the announcement that an early c-section was already on the books.

Of course, Mullet is fertile Myrtle, but it looks like consequences B and C are problematic, especially since we probably will never know the truth about what really happened with the delivery of J20 (especially WHEN).

Oh, please do share her blog link!

Just a pet peeve here, but wouldn't that be a 3D ultrasound? Why is it called a 4d?

The 4th D refers to time. The scans are in real time, rather than delayed or stills like most ultrasounds.

This isn't going to be the prettiest post but I'll try to keep it brief...

I'm guessing that they are trying to wait to see if she miscarries naturally before having to have a D&C or D&E, which I don't think is a problem with the previous c-section scar. When I had my miscarriage in the first trimester I was given 3 options: wait for it to happen, take the meds (misoprostol, the one she can't have) or have a D&C. And in my case, it had already been 4-5 weeks since the embryo stopped growing before I found out, and my doctor wasn't concerned about giving me a day or two to think it over, so Michelle may still be fine. My guess is they want to try to do it naturally because a D&E likely won't leave the fetus in one piece. That can be hard for anyone to think about, and I imagine it will be tougher for them because of their beliefs.

Perhaps they are trying to avoid a d & c because its too much like an abortion in Michelle's mind?

i think the answer is very simple. if they believe god opens and closes the uterus then they believe that god will, in his own time take the child out when he is good and ready. even if this puts the mother's life in danger, it doesn't matter because god is in charge. but i bet somewhere in the corner of their mind they are hoping for a miracle. they are hoping that god will bring the baby back. remember, these people are BONKERS. but i think in their situation, wouldn't we all be hoping for a little miracle? ok, i feel really bad for them actually.

I named my 2 miscarriages and I had no idea the real gender of either. They were very early. I had a feeling as to what gender they'd be so I just went with it. I know it seems weird to do so, but I totally understand why she did. It definitely helped me.

All four of my mother's miscarried babies have names too. No judgement from me.

I wonder if she isn't doing everything in her power for it to happen naturally because she already knows if they go in there that they will end up doing a hysterectomy?

Just something I've wondered.

:dance:

On the topic of J'names I'm so surprised that one of the boys isn't named "Jacob", it being biblical and all. I would've expected "Jacob" before, say, "Jedidiah".

So maybe we'll get a Jacob?

Oh, and I call bullshyte on "Caleb". They probably made it up one minute before the People mag. interview.

I've been wondering if J'chelle (and all of them) have been having to have "cheerful countenances" throughout all of this. When she got the news, was she allowed to cry? Be sad or angry? Or was she supposed to praise the Lord that this is all for the glory of God? When they went home and told the kids, I can picture them all standing there with that plastic smile plastered on their faces like when they were giving them the J20 news. Once they told them the baby had died, were the kids allowed to have "negative" reactions? Did J'Bob have to twist some arms of those who exhibited real emotions? I honestly wonder if they're all supposed to "keep sweet" through these types of situations.

I've been wondering if J'chelle (and all of them) have been having to have "cheerful countenances" throughout all of this. When she got the news, was she allowed to cry? Be sad or angry? Or was she supposed to praise the Lord that this is all for the glory of God? When they went home and told the kids, I can picture them all standing there with that plastic smile plastered on their faces like when they were giving them the J20 news. Once they told them the baby had died, were the kids allowed to have "negative" reactions? Did J'Bob have to twist some arms of those who exhibited real emotions? I honestly wonder if they're all supposed to "keep sweet" through these types of situations.

I'm pretty sure that when JB and M told the kids that "J'20 is in Heaven now" that all the children (except for Josie and Jordyn, them being too young to understand death) HAD to exhibit some crying or at the very least show some sadness. I can imagine JB giving the stink eye to Josiah as he told the news, also to see if that poor teen looked distressed, felt guilty or, to the contrary, if his eyes said "I told you so".

Any kid in that living-room not showing JB and M-approved emotions would certainly end up in the prayer closet, or, Lucifer forbids, receive a spanking in front of the others (if they do corporal punishment, don't know about if the do but I'd think that 95% of fundies use c.p as it's "biblically-mandated" or some shyte). :x

All four of my mother's miscarried babies have names too. No judgement from me.

I named the baby I miscarried. It was very early but I "knew" it was a girl, and the name just came to me (Alison). I also felt that she had very severe problems and that's why the miscarriage happened. It was so weird because that's not a name I would use for a child (we use pretty Jewish names), so I figured it must really be meant for her that that name popped into my head. When I was feeling crazy for doing this, my mom revealed that she named all 4 of her miscarried babies as well. Two of her were very early, and two were at 20wks, so she only knew the sex of the later two but "knew" all 4 were boys.

I am sort of glad other people do this too because it makes me feel less weird about it. I never talked about it in real life other than with my mom.

Archived