IGNORED

Jill will get the blame...

gustava

I don't think they will blame Jill, just because she is so darn obedient. But I think the way she was raised will cause her to blame herself. I mean the whole point of their lifestyle is as long as you're being super perfect and Godly enough bad things won't happen. She was probably told her whole life that her mother had a miscarriage because she was taking teh evil birth control. So i can just imagine her thinking that someone must have been sinning this time, even if her parents don't say so, and it seems like she would blame herself...maybe for actually wanting to work outside the home, even if it's as a Godly midwife.

I can't help but think they will blame something...even if they just blame God. At this point, i'm more worried they will blame Josiah

But now they'd have a slightly plausible reason for Jill to give up that particular life-path, saying that it was too emotional for her to continue her studies and that she's concentrating on her home-making skills again. And, of course, Jill would have "decided" this all on her own. They could just make it a little footnote at the end of an episode. (There - that'll get all those mean independence-minded, worldly people off our backs. Whew!)

This.

I can't help but think they will blame something...even if they just blame God. At this point, i'm more worried they will blame Josiah

If they blame Josiah, they do so at their own peril.

We know he wasn't happy with the news, and although the outcome was probably not as bad as he'd feared, it certainly supports his initial reaction not to jump for joy at the news of pregnancy. He was right to be worried, and he knows he was right.

He's a bright boy and I don't think he'd accept any blame or guilt his parents (or older sisters, for that matter) tried to push off on him. If anything, it would just deepen any existing resentment he has and increase the odds he'll not only leave at 18, but that he'll eventually tell-all.

Even if it isn't Josiah, someday, somewhere, somehow, one of these kids is going to tell-all. Reality shows nearly always destroy families in the end. As the late, great Lance Loud, television's first reality show star once said, "TV ate family".

For fuck's sake, how long will they keep pretending Jill is studying to be a midwife? It's been YEARS.

QFT. She'll still be thinking about it when she's popped out her tenth child.

We know he wasn't happy with the news, and although the outcome was probably not as bad as he'd feared, it certainly supports his initial reaction not to jump for joy at the news of pregnancy. He was right to be worried, and he knows he was right.

He's a bright boy and I don't think he'd accept any blame or guilt his parents (or older sisters, for that matter) tried to push off on him. If anything, it would just deepen any existing resentment he has and increase the odds he'll not only leave at 18, but that he'll eventually tell-all.

You beat me to it! Josiah will always know that he was right about this pregnancy, despite what nay ATI brainwashing tries to tell him. He's 15. At 15 you're already questioning your parents views about everything, and now he's probably realized that he really is smarter/more mature than his developmentally arrested parents. JB&M aren't omnipotent, like he's been taught to believe, and will risk everything like selfish brats. I'm really thinking he and Joy will be the gateway for everyone younger than them to flee. The older kids are likely a lost cause at this point, but this miscarriage could change the whole family dynamic.

I think they'll scapegoat both Jill AND Josiah. Jill, for not detecting the absence of a fetal heartbeat, and Josiah for not being appropriately joyful when the news was first announced. I shudder for both of them!

Since the lord chose to be an indian giver (I know about the historical nastiness of the term but in snark setting I figured it was ok) clearly this HAS to be due to some horrible sin that was committed by one of the flock.

1 - College plus (-)! Clearly, edumacatimg their wimminfolk werent pleasin to da gawd. The wimmen need to get marreed soon and start babymakin for jesis.

2 - Along the lines of 1, allowing your female child to learn an actual skill and use TOOLS is clearly displeasing to the lord

3 - Makeup. All of the girls have been allowed to get their hair cut and out of the traditionally accepted mullet style. Clearly, the lord likes mullets.

4 - Josiah. He needs to be given more kool aid because he was not grateful for the blessing the lord had given them. He needs to go to gothard retraining camp ASAP.

5 - Josie. SOmehow this is her fault too.

Of course, the actual medically sound diagnosis of YOU HAVE TOO MANY FUCKING KIDS AND YOUR BODY CANT HANDLE IT will never cross their tiny little mind.

Dear TLC, I expect an episode completely covering this turn of events. I want to see how she was feeling before, how she suffered during, and I want you to air ALL of the doctors telling her what a fuckwad she is for putting her family through this "blessing". All of the leg humpers out there is Teevee land need to see that blessings arent all smiles and rainbows. If you do not air the truth about this situation I will take all 5 of my nielsen monitored boxes and turn them to whatever channel you dont own and is closest to you in ratings ever chance I get.

Maybe they will blame all the heathens and such who watch the show but didn't pray for J'chelle and the fetus?

I TOTALLY forgot about them! They need to write another book!

Could someone direct me to a place I can watch Josiah's reaction to the 20th J'fetus news? I almost never see the show, and I didn't see that episode; but I'd like to watch exactly what unspeakable behavior of his caused his J'sibling's untimely demise.

Archived