IGNORED

Talking to Boys is a Sin

Koala

now it's a sin to even talk to boys :roll:

fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/2011/12/girlboy-relationships-purity.html

This was written by the daughter of the lady who uses flour after finding bugs in it :shock:

frugalhomeandhealth.blogspot.com/2010/10/moths-larva-and-other-critters.html

This was written by the daughter of the lady who uses flour after finding bugs in it :shock:

I found bugs in flour this summer, first time ever. I threw away everything from the cupboard; flour, sugar, salt, gravy mixes. Those little bugs were disgusting. I then washed the cupboard with bleach water and waited a few weeks to buy new supplies.

I found bugs in flour this summer, first time ever. I threw away everything from the cupboard; flour, sugar, salt, gravy mixes. Those little bugs were disgusting. I then washed the cupboard with bleach water and waited a few weeks to buy new supplies.

You did more than I did. But I definitely through out anything I found bugs in, and put anything that might get bugs in plastic ziploc bags.

You did more than I did. But I definitely through out anything I found bugs in, and put anything that might get bugs in plastic ziploc bags.

We found bugs in our pantry a few years ago and we also threw away almost everything. Bleached the entire pantry and for months afterwards put everything into the deep freeze as we brought the bugs home via walmart. Also everything goes into plastic bug proof containers after the big chill. I totally overkill the whole thing but I don't want to see bugs in my dinner. :snooty:

I just freaked out. I really wasted money throwing everything out I realize now but OMG, at that time, totally freaked.

I had to throw away a bunch of things in the cabinet after finding bugs in pancake mix this summer. I ended up cleaning the shelves with bleach water, and bought some airtight containers for things like brown sugar and rice. I didn't have to throw out the flour as I learned from my mom that if you keep it in a plastic container in the refrigerator, it keeps the bugs out.

Technically, there are bug parts in nearly everything you buy. The FDA has rules about how many are allowable! So, oddly, I don't mind eating something which had a few harmless flour moths in it (especially if I knew I lacked the money to get more), though I'd freeze it and examine it first.

Though I'm also one of those weirdoes intrigued by the wide world of cricket eating, so there you go.

I just freaked out. I really wasted money throwing everything out I realize now but OMG, at that time, totally freaked.

It's probably not a bad thing to freak out about.

So not only are we allowed to not kiss and not touch prospective suitors, now we're not allowed to speak to them?

For example: talking to or playing with boys may be something you never thought of as wrong, however this can quickly lead to dangerous relationships, including difficult marriages.

Well, obviously. Because diving into a lifetime commitment without speaking to a prospective partner is a clear and effective recipe for a happy marriage.

So not only are we allowed to not kiss and not touch prospective suitors, now we're not allowed to speak to them?

Well, obviously. Because diving into a lifetime commitment without speaking to a prospective partner is a clear and effective recipe for a happy marriage.

:lol: :lol:

The mind boggles!! Can't they even see the contradictions they write? Sometimes I wonder if there isn't a contest going on as to which blogger is the most extreme in fundie wacko-land.

Technically, there are bug parts in nearly everything you buy. The FDA has rules about how many are allowable! So, oddly, I don't mind eating something which had a few harmless flour moths in it (especially if I knew I lacked the money to get more), though I'd freeze it and examine it first.

Though I'm also one of those weirdoes intrigued by the wide world of cricket eating, so there you go.

Agreed, sort of, but I'd want to be sure they were moths not roaches or something that could carry disease.

The thing that pissed me off about the whole story was how she mentioned that she wouldn't use that flour when baking for the church members and saved the "good" flour for them, because they complained about it, even though she had given up her home and possessions to move into their basement and live by their rules.

Knowing that a woman is feeding her children flour with bugs sifted out and salt saved from pretzel bags and having her cook to feed you while bitching about the flour not being good enough, instead of helping her out by buying some cheap, clean flour, is not what most people mean when they picture a "Christian community". I've seriously considered sending a gift box with flour, salt, etc to her "car of" the church, but I have a feeling it would never get to her and the children.

Bugs can get through plastic. I put stuff in canning jars. That way I can see what is in it, and write dates on it. (I use masking tape and sharpies on the lids, but sharpies will wash off the glass too.)

I feed buggy stuff to the chickens. They are happy.

Right. But you are allowed to speak to your male relatives, and older, married guys. Bizarre.

mom also takes the sons pay check to take care of the family, and then gives the rest away...

and makes them all do a bunch of free work for other men in the church, like construction and putting up fences.

Next up on the Fundie One-Up Parade:

Wearing a burka- not a niqab, but an actual burka- to hide your face, including your eyes. Hey, you have to dress modestly, and eye contact can lead a guy on! Just ask Creepy Mike from the "Awkward as hell" thread!

And after that, no actual face-to-face contact, but sitting with a curtain between you, typing out messages to each other in real time on computers.

and makes them all do a bunch of free work for other men in the church, like construction and putting up fences.

Isn't it crazy!?! But does mom work? No! :evil:

Next up on the Fundie One-Up Parade:

Wearing a burka- not a niqab, but an actual burka- to hide your face, including your eyes. Hey, you have to dress modestly, and eye contact can lead a guy on! Just ask Creepy Mike from the "Awkward as hell" thread!

And after that, no actual face-to-face contact, but sitting with a curtain between you, typing out messages to each other in real time on computers.

frugalhomeandhealth.blogspot.com/2011/01/another-tunic-design.html

There's a comment on that post from the mom I believe going on about how girls and boys shouldn't be best friends and how there are no examples of that in the Bible. Hello! Jesus was friends with Mary Magdelene as well as the sisters Mary and Martha. And his relationship with Mary M. IMO was a best friend type relationship...mentor/mentee as well. And didn't Jesus greet his friends, including the females, by touching them?!

I've had best friends who are guys my entire life, most of them (gasp!) are gay, but not all of them. My hubby has many women friends now and I have men friends. I'm sure thus chickie would have issue with that too. Oh, I've also been known to hug my guy friends! Even when I wasn't married.

Edited for riffled.

There's a comment on that post from the mom I believe going on about how girls and boys shouldn't be best friends and how there are no examples of that in the Bible. Hello! Jesus was friends with Mary Magdelene as well as the sisters Mary and Martha. And his relationship with Mary M. IMO was a best friend type relationship...mentor/mended as well. And didn't Jesus greet his friends, including the females, by touching them?!

I've had best friends who are guys my entire life, most of them (gasp!) are gay, but not all of them. My hubby has many women friends now and I have men friends. I'm sure thus chickie would have issue with that too. Oh, I've also been known to hug my guy friends! Even when I wasn't married.

It's okay for Jesus to do it, he's the Son of God so of course he had no sexual intent! :o

frugalhomeandhealth.blogspot.com/2011/01/another-tunic-design.html

Lord have mercy, she looks like she's wearing a potato sack. :roll: I guess I'm not too far off when you think about it. It's a damn curtain. :?

Archived