IGNORED

Women can be defrauded by fruits and veggies!

Ralar

Is it true that there is/was a rule at BJU that forbade/forbids eating a banana unless it was cut into pieces first? It's the sort of thing that sounds like an urban legend, but you can never underestimate fundie craziness.

I can attest that to be false (former student).

However, there was actually some kind of "for the ladies" skit at HAC involving the peeling of bananas. There used to be a youtube video of it. However, even that was IIRC a "ladies-only" inside joke kind of thing.

even in my heathen world, which has had and always will have, more than its share of sexual innuendos about an inanimate object at any given time, I still see bananas as bananas and cucumbers as cucumbers and zucchini as zucchini. Sex obsessions are the only thing that can't separate even jokes from reality. I only see those tings as 'sexual' in the context of a sexual joke. Otherwise? Dinner is served and nothing else crosses my mind.

Fundies of all kinds are so obsessed with sex I think they are terrified of themselves. I guess that's what happens when you turn a natural, healthy, normal part of life and turn it into something that must be regulated and controlled and dictated.

We might as well follow the advice of the Landover Baptist Church and not use tampons - aka Satan's little cotton fingers.

Wait, what? Really? Can someone link me to this?

Ooh, that cake recipe sounds yummy. If you don't mind, I'm gonna grab it and bring one to the Christmas party (my first!) that my new church friends invited me to tomorrow.

I present to you teh geoduck:

Ah, but that's animal, not vegetable.

I loved the Dirty Jobs episode with geoducks!

Here's an excerpt:

1jaRaOfB_-E

Sorry about the ad.

Wait, what? Really? Can someone link me to this?

Seconded. Seriously?? What, do they think girls are being deflowered by them??

Ooh, that cake recipe sounds yummy. If you don't mind, I'm gonna grab it and bring one to the Christmas party (my first!) that my new church friends invited me to tomorrow.

Have a good time! I am so happy to hear that you are going to a party!

Seconded. Seriously?? What, do they think girls are being deflowered by them??

Landover is a snark site, not serious. (in case you didn't realize)

God, Mike Rowe is hot doing anything at all, isn't he? Even handling geoducks, for crying out loud! (Google him singing and prepare to swoon!)

Archived