IGNORED

Miss Raquel Gave Into Temptation!

EllieCee

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/12/gods-forgiveness.html

According to this latest blog post, Raquel apparently gave into some kind of "temptation."

This is going to be a very humbling post for me to write…

No, dear readers, I am not perfect. I fall…I sin…I give in to temptation. And recently, I gave in to something that I knew was wrong…but I let myself do it anyway. Even after I had done it, I kept telling myself that it was fine. ‘It was just a one-time deal…I won’t do it again’, etc. I told myself this for a few days…but the burden still weighed heavily upon me.

It was apparently so bad that it "burdened" her for days. Then, when she attended church, she almost cried at a sermon about forgiveness.

As I sat through the service, listening to the pastor speaking…everything that he said really hit home with me. He was talking about how even though we sin, and even though we may think that our sin is too great to be forgiven…God has forgiven us. All we have to do is realize that we have sinned, repent, and God will forgive and forget.

I almost started crying during his sermon.

And I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, buy...she writes to an inmate?

It took a letter, from an inmate that I write, to make me realize something…

‘I have grown in the knowledge of His grace towards me…of just what He brought me from…and the absolute knowledge that I am His. Everything we know…we learn it exactly when He chose to show us. And He did [that] before the foundation of the world. He does it. All of it.’

Wonder what that "great temptation" was.

Hah, I've heard this a lot. When it's guys, it usually means masturbation.

Isn't that funny, my mind went there immediately.

What else? Drinking? Would she consider that a sin? Reading a racy book? Watching an R rated movie?

I don't know that she would write about it if it were masturbation - although if it were, I'm sad that she'd feel so guilty about it - I grew up feeling shame about that stuff and no one should feel that way.

No, Miss Raquel probably hugged a guy or something like that, this girl like to make mountains out of molehills.

Fundamentalists sexualize pretty much everything--I wouldn't be surprised if something to do with tending to her horse got interpreted by her as a sin issue. Male horses tend to hang their willies out a lot, even geldings.

Maybe she ate more than 1 cheeseburger?

Oh yeah, I forget that gluttony is one sin that is omitted in most fundie families.

Considering that it is Miss Raquel who though someone saying she liked a guy warrented days of crying and a sit down with both parents and a blog post, I think this is probably something pretty tame. I also think that the only reason she wrote this post is so her fangirls can gush over how godly she is.

Who really knows with this girl. I wonder if she'll clarify or if she considers it too private. I'm actually really curious to see what she considers sin. Maybe she coveted some other SAHD blog, or maybe she realized her Michael Buble obsession is too much.

I do wonder if she was one of the people who came to so poorly defend her friend Anonymous Antagonist. I can see her thinking that posting here is a sin.

I do wonder if she was one of the people who came to so poorly defend her friend Anonymous Antagonist. I can see her thinking that posting here is a sin.

I know fundie logic doesn't make sense, but why would she think posting here was a sin?

Mingling with the heathens. On her facebook page she has a post about whether or not to address comments that sound like they come from here and she gets lots of "God doesn't want you address those people. Let God take care of them."

Mingling with the heathens. On her facebook page she has a post about whether or not to address comments that sound like they come from here and she gets lots of "God doesn't want you address those people. Let God take care of them."

Oh okay. That makes sense in that misguided non-confrontational kind of way. I can see why she might see coming here as a sin then - although one to cry over... Oh wait, I just remembered who we're talking about :lol:

Isn't that funny, my mind went there immediately.

What else? Drinking? Would she consider that a sin? Reading a racy book? Watching an R rated movie?

Putting on lip-stick in front of a guy? :roll:

She wrote somewhere in her blog that putting on lip-stick in front of a guy is a big no-no. It can make the guy stumble and think sinful thoughts.

Maybe she realized that the close up photo of her lips with bright red lipstick really was defrauding.

I love the line about how she's not perfect. Thanks for clearing that up, Raquel.

I vote that she thought about kissing one of her guest blogger guys.

She kissed a boy and she liked it...although knowing her it is probably something like she thought about kissing a boy.

Or maybe she kissed a girl and she liked it? Or thought about it? ;)

Wow, I bet she ate that last piece of pie her husband wanted. GASP! :pray:

But she loves the Chronicles Of Narnia so I can't snark her too much.

Archived