IGNORED

Maxwells have a friend

johnhugh

She is called Jenny (a friend)

Is someone dating?

The Maxwells do not date, they court! 45 minutes in the prayer closet for you for even suggesting this.

The Maxwells do not date, they court! 45 minutes in the prayer closet for you for even suggesting this.

Sorry Stevie :naughty:

I didn't think they were allowed friend. But of course it must be a single friend shared by the whole family. Heaven forbid they have their own friends to better suit individual tastes and interests (though i'm sure they're not allowed those either). Everything is a family activity for them.

Guest Anonymous

It was another book-binding festival.... without even a chocolate krispy cake to brighten the day.... she must be a very devoted friend. If she is a potential courtee for John or Joseph, I expect Sarah will need to be physically restrained from feeding her hands into the book binding machine, in frustration at another sibling beating her to the altar. :D

Finally, more recent pictures of Anna Marie! I hope her pregnancy has been going okay. But don't dare ask Steve anything! They need privacy! Something to consider, you know. :roll:

Wow. The Maxwell's have a sweatshop in the Holy Basement.

Anna Marie looks lovely. Glad the others girls have (a friend).

Anyone who wants to be friends with a Maxwell had better be prepared to work.

Yup. I wonder if the friend will bored with them and the cookie pizzas.

Whoa, what a difference a plaid shirt makes -- that's the most masculinelooking shirt I've ever seen on a girl who's a Maxwell fan. Nothing wrong with being on the two-spirited side but I'm a little surprised mom and dadMaxwell let anybody in who is only partly uber Gorky looking!

Whoa, what a difference a plaid shirt makes -- that's the most masculinelooking shirt I've ever seen on a girl who's a Maxwell fan. Nothing wrong with being on the two-spirited side but I'm a little surprised mom and dadMaxwell let anybody in who is only partly uber Gorky looking!

They might be so out of it that they don't associate plaid flannel shirts with women of a certain orientation. One time when my fundie relatives were in town, Dad took everyone out to lunch at the local gay restaurant/bar. Although it was the afternoon and this place attracts straights as well as LGBTs, the latter definitely outnumbered the former and pretty much everyone who works there is gay. But the fundie relatives did not pick up on it at all, even though our server might as well have been Jack from "Will & Grace."

Later, I asked Dad if he took the fundie relatives to a gay establishment on purpose and he answered, "Who, me???"

Looking to a few posts ago (I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I've been AWOL), Sarah holding the little girl? My uterus hurts for her. :(

I wouldn't want to be their 'friend'. All their so-called friends come over to work. No girls night out. No movie night. No hanging out and chatting. Just, working. And, working for their business, not even for their (the friend's) own benefit.

Friend? Nah. Just someone too naive and nice to realize they're being used for a photo op and cheap labor.

Last time I spent an evening with my friends, we went to dinner at a new bar/restaurant then went back to one friend's new house and watched Bridesmaids while eating a bunch of junk and sharing a couple bottles of wine. The three of us spent that time together after our jobs and work were done for the day. Although, the two of us who were technically guests did help with cleaning up before going home, but hell, we helped make the mess.

These people treat their so called friends with no respect. I'm sure they had Jenny believing she was working for the glory of god and not for Steve's bank account. I'm also sure there was a male Maxwell in the vicinity, making sure there were no conversations about anything other than god.

Steve once wrote that he raised his kids so that they didn't just "hang out" with friends, they "fellowshipped" and did useful stuff like baking, praying, working. I'm not sure what Steve pictures "hanging out" to consist of, but I'm assuming having fun, lounging around, goofing off are no-no's. How boring. Even when they allow outside friends over, the Maxwell kids have to work. Seriously, it's no wonder the kids have no friends. I wouldn't want to visit friends who put me to work for the family business!

Sorry, sort of off topic, but what is it with the manly watches the fundie girls/women wear? I noticed this again after looking at the pictures of the Maxwell's with their "friend" Jenny-- aka: Free Labor.

I wonder how the Maxwell's became "friends" with Free Labor Jenny? I bet she had to fill out an application and undergo a background check to make sure she didn't have fun. I bet she is the granddaughter of someone from the Nursing Home Church.

Sorry, sort of off topic, but what is it with the manly watches the fundie girls/women wear? I noticed this again after looking at the pictures of the Maxwell's with their "friend" Jenny-- aka: Free Labor.

I wonder how the Maxwell's became "friends" with Free Labor Jenny? I bet she had to fill out an application and undergo a background check to make sure she didn't have fun. I bet she is the granddaughter of someone from the Nursing Home Church.

I've seen Michelle Duggar wearing a manly watch too. Other than a dressy watch occasionally to accessorize, does anyone need one with cell phones and all?

I've seen Michelle Duggar wearing a manly watch too. Other than a dressy watch occasionally to accessorize, does anyone need one with cell phones and all?

I have one of those BIG watches with real numbers on them because as a professor, I wanted to keep track of time while teaching, but as an (ahem) older person, I also wanted to be able to see the time while in class without having to hold the watch two inches from my face. Now as an (ahem) retired person, I'm not sure where that watch is. Nor do I give a damn what the time is anyway. :whistle:

Hey John, you could be MY friend; I'm in your area when I visit my parents, I'm young and smart and reasonably good looking. I'll watch Harry Potter with you and introduce you to white wine and vodka tonics and good books and dancing!

Rawr.

Was that appropriate?

I don't care.

I don't think the Maxwell girls have their own cell phones, so I think they probably need to manly watches lol.

Archived