IGNORED

More shilling from Josiah Duggar

marmalade

I guess this is his new paying gig for the Bank of Jim Boob since he doesn't appear to be a fix-it handyman type (sorry, I haven't figured out how to embed the links, even with the instructions):

http://crushable.com/entertainment/josi ... y-rpg-305/

It's an alternative "Christian Missionary" version of Farmville. Don't these people know that FV is so 2010?

I saw the advertisement for makaziville (wtf?) on the Duggars' Discovery homepage earlier this week. I have a feeling it will be a trainwreck of racism/imperialism and inappropriate missions...

I'm sure he's forced. As I noted in my first post, he doesn't seem to have the mechanical skills his older brothers exhibited well before they were 15, and he's not a slimy used-car salesman type like his father or oldest brother. His good looks and personable demeanor probably got Boob thinking along the lines of having the kid sell stuff for the fundie X-tian teen set.

But that game does appear to be bordering on good ole 'Murrikun (tm Dubya) imperialism. I've had a semester full of what we did in Latin America; I'd forgotten that Africa is ripe for the taking! :roll:

I'm sure he's forced. As I noted in my first post, he doesn't seem to have the mechanical skills his older brothers exhibited well before they were 15, and he's not a slimy used-car salesman type like his father or oldest brother. His good looks and personable demeanor probably got Boob thinking along the lines of having the kid sell stuff for the fundie X-tian teen set.

Agreed. He's one of the few Duggars that a real human instead of a godbot.

Ih JB really wants to move merchandise, have him shot in a dark room wearing sparkly makeup. With his good looks they could cash in on a fundie Twilight ripoff. :twisted:

I really think this sudden "shilling" by Josiah is some type of punishment. Or at least something that Jim Bob persuaded him to do. The timing of this is interesting.

I really think this sudden "shilling" by Josiah is some type of punishment. Or at least something that Jim Bob persuaded him to do. The timing of this is interesting.

Indeed.

Yeah..my thoughts precisely.

Indeed.

Maybe a combination of punishment and the result of Jim Bob's general frustration over Josiah's attitude towards work. John and Joe were both working on their grungy "professions" by Josiah's age, and I don't doubt Josiah is resisting all attempts to go in the same direction. And this kid actually walked off set during the filming of one of Michelle's Big Announcements! That’s huge. Being the Big 20, it should have been the biggest, most jumping-for-joy-for-the-Lord extravaganza announcement of them all, and Josiah ruined the moment so badly that the editors had to chop it up into still photos in a vain attempt to keep us from noticing something was amiss. What's going on between Josiah and his parents when the cameras aren't there or at times when less-than-ideal footage can be easily edited out?

So this is what Jim Bob came up for him. I'd like to wish him luck, but I don't, so I won't.

The twins are teenagers this month. Wonder what's in store for them?

Maybe a combination of punishment and the result of Jim Bob's general frustration over Josiah's attitude towards work. John and Joe were both working on their grungy "professions" by Josiah's age, and I don't doubt Josiah is resisting all attempts to go in the same direction. And this kid actually walked off set during the filming of one of Michelle's Big Announcements! That’s huge. Being the Big 20, it should have been the biggest, most jumping-for-joy-for-the-Lord extravaganza announcement of them all, and Josiah ruined the moment so badly that the editors had to chop it up into still photos in a vain attempt to keep us from noticing something was amiss. What's going on between Josiah and his parents when the cameras aren't there or at times when less-than-ideal footage can be easily edited out?

So this is what Jim Bob came up for him. I'd like to wish him luck, but I don't, so I won't.

I'm in agreement with your assessment and wondering about the twins too. They seem like they're "young" for their age like Josiah was, not like Joseph, JD or Smuggar who were "old" for their age. I think with the girls still at home, they might get off for a few more years like Josiah (mostly) has.

Here's another review of the game that calls it out for being racist:

http://blog.games.com/2011/11/29/duggar ... ille-game/

YUCK!

Yeah, I agree that they're trying to keep Josiah on a straight and narrow path right now.

Do they have an ATI re-education camps for boys? Is there a male version of Journey to the Heart? I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

Text of the sample Devotions screen, from the preview:

Promises, Promises

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

The Bible is a thick book! From cover to cover, it actually contains 66 individual books inside. But did you know that tin those books are more than 1800 promises that God has written to you? They're promises you can count on - promises to give you strength and encouragement... to live in faith, not fear!

You can count on God's promises. Whatever He says is true. When God says something, it always happens.

So open your Bible today and read... and discover His promises to you. They will change your life!

Answer: [] [submit]

I have nooooo idea what people are supposed to type in the answer space.

Where did you find out about Josiah walking off set?

I saw the advertisement for makaziville (wtf?) on the Duggars' Discovery homepage earlier this week. I have a feeling it will be a trainwreck of racism/imperialism and inappropriate missions...

Yup it seems that way. That game sounds offensive even though there are villages that need help in real life. The offensive part about the game is bringing the whole bring the word of God to villagers.

I agree with the OP, Farmville is so 2010. I don't know anyone who is playing it anymore on FB. Last weekend, my bf and I went over to his sister's house to watch football and she was deleting apps off her iPhone and Farmville was one of the apps she deleted.

I don't know Josiah personnally, but I have a feeling that he has to do all these ads as a "penance" for walking off the "big 20" announcement. His Dad must hate that he is not menial-work inclined like JD and Joseph.

I think that Josiah is the most intelligent of the Duggar boys and that he'll run out of there by the time he's 18.

I would never have thought that 2 yrs ago, as I believed he was on the way to become Smuggar Jr. Now that kid looks sad all the time.

And I hate to think about how he's being treated when the cameras aren't around. Sad.

Yes. Poor kid, I feel so sorry for him.

I saw it. It's at the end of the Q&A episode but hard to catch due to the editing.

It's discussed at length here, with screen prints at about page 39.

http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=760

I know there was a post yesterday that said he now has much shorter hair, as maybe a punishment for now bowing before J-Chelle's next paycheckbaby. Are there any screen shots from that? I'm at work and can't look at the actual video.

YUCK!

Yeah, I agree that they're trying to keep Josiah on a straight and narrow path right now.

Do they have an ATI re-education camps for boys? Is there a male version of Journey to the Heart? I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

You bet they do. And the range for "young men" ranges from 13-30, like the girls. They don't have the dates of the journeys for 2011 up any longer, but there's usually a boy's retreat in late fall. Josiah could have easily attended something in late Octover/early November.

Also noticed Gil and Kelly Bates pictured on the front page of the iblp.org site. I guess marrying off Priscilla to that other ATI Royalty family places them in even higher esteem than the Duggars in the cult chain now. I can see why Priscilla didn't attend the Keller family reunion last weekend.

How Josiah plays his cards will impact the kids, well mostly the boys, that follow him.

Josh is the chosen one. Mama's one and only darling boy, who has always supported his parents "vision" on the show. So he gets to play businessman and house with Anna, but it's Daddy whose really in charge, so he doesn't have much to worry about. Just eating, sleeping, impregnating, and catching up on all the TV and movies he's missed for the past 23 years.

John and Joe. Silent mules. Lift this, fix that. Very useful around the house with skills that will transfer to fundy friendly work once their parents no longer need them around the compound.

The twins don't come off as plumber-carpenter-jack-of-all trades types. One is into filmmaking, which could conceivably be useful for a career in fundy cinema, but I don't think Jim Bob would find even that acceptable. (plus, didn't Michelle say he liked to make Cowboy and Indian films? No, not good.) The other one is a quiet boy who likes to play chess. A pastor perhaps? I've never heard him say much, so I have no idea how much kool-aid he's ingested.

We talk about one of the girls "escaping" but I've always figured a boy would be more likely. Right now, the most likely boy appears to be Josiah. If I could give him anything, it would be uncensored internet access. He looks so hungry for knowledge from outside the phony world his parents have created.

Archived