IGNORED

Perry Hates Gay People, Tells Lies. SOS Clinton Is Awesome

Guest Member456

It totally sucks to live in a red state that, no matter how you vote, it will never matter.

I watched his interview with Wolf Blitzer and it was all I could not not to throw something at my tv. Seriously, he is a shining example of why I thoroughly dislike what Christianity has been distorted into by some in this country. And the scary thing is that a lot of people in this country feel the exact same way.

If any group can be denied human rights, then every group could be denied human rights by the same argument.

Yep. Insert Marin Niemoller quote here.

My son and I were talking about this and he said, "But the thing about human rights is that you deserve them just because you are human, right?" I think that is supposed to be the concept, maybe someone should email Perry with a definition.

A Word From Someone Old Enough To Have Experienced Teacher-Led Prayer In School:

I was born in 1952. We started every morning with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Our Father (until I was in the fourth grade). Let us just say that the rote rattling-off of neither one was particularly fraught with soul-stirring patriotism or reverence. I chortle at the "fact" cited by social conservatives that an Official Prayer at the beginning of the school day would have some kind of magical, society-saving powers.

My main recollection is the "funny" (Protestant) way Mrs. McKenna used to say the Our Father when I was in the second grade. We used to say, "But we [majority Catholics] don't say it that way at church!" and she'd reply (obviously knowing what we meant but never admitting it), "What? That's the way *I* say it at church!" In fourth grade, when the anti-prayer boom lowered, Miss Marcantonio did have little group meetings with us and asked us which churches we went to, and was happy that everyone had a religious affiliation. Only one kid didn't (he was from a very poor and very dysfunctional family, and grew up to be a rapist), and she strongly encouraged him to ask his parents to take him to church.

If prayer is so all-fired important to you, pray with your kids at home and drag your dead ass to church on Sunday.

My son and I were talking about this and he said, "But the thing about human rights is that you deserve them just because you are human, right?" I think that is supposed to be the concept, maybe someone should email Perry with a definition.

Can we elect your son to the Presidency?

Hane wrote:

I was born in 1952. We started every morning with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Our Father (until I was in the fourth grade). Let us just say that the rote rattling-off of neither one was particularly fraught with soul-stirring patriotism or reverence. I chortle at the "fact" cited by social conservatives that an Official Prayer at the beginning of the school day would have some kind of magical, society-saving powers.

This.

Actually it was seeing this clip on my facebook newsfeed that drove me to fj for the first time in a while. I cannot believe this man. Thankfully all of the republicans I know can't believe him either, and will never in a million years vote for him. And my state is always blue anyhow, so it doesn't make much of a difference here.

And I prayed in my public high school in my blue mostly-northern state, and participated even in student led prayer and worship at said school, and our Bible club had to have a teacher sponsor/supervisor like all other after school clubs, and it didn't bother anyone. And I'm pretty sure almost everyone else in the room was praying before our AP tests. And in the same school, we had a GSA. And nobody found either club weird or controversial at all, nor found it contradictory that the school had both - because it shouldn't be, and anyone with a brain who's actually read the Bible should really be able to figure that out, I would hope.

The stupidity of this man, it burns!

"Obama's war on religion?"

Is this guy serious or is it a big joke? He makes W Bush sound like a member of Mensa.

And I've never understood what the big deal was with having gays openly serving in the military. I mean, Alexander the Great was one of best soldier and military strategist in history, and he was bisexual. One can bet that some other great military figures of our past were bi or gay and got married for the sake of appearances...

If a soldier does his (or her) job well who cares about their sexual orientation?

Randy Shilt's book Conduct Unbecoming: Gays and Lesbians in the US Military from Vietnam to the Persian Gulf is a excellent book about how gay men and lesbians have always served in the US military from the Revolutionary War onward. One of the stories in the book tells how General Eisenhower was going to purge the lesbians from his staff. Ike asked his secretary to write down the names of all the lesbians in the unit so they could be discharged. She said that if she did that the list would have pretty much every woman on his staff and that her name would be at the top of the list. Ike dropped the idea as he knew these women's contribution was crucial to the war effort. There are many more such stories.

One of the servicemembers whose story is told in Conduct Unbecoming in Sergeant Leonard Matlovich, the first person to fight the ban on gays in the US military in the '70s. Matlovich died in 1988 of complications of AIDS. The epitaph on his tombstone in the Congressional Cemetery in Washington reads

"When I was in the military, they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one."

Found this on failblog today:

d084c58f-73ce-45f4-a061-87c05602aeb5.jpg

Apparently Rick Perry's video now has more dislikes (and a much higher percentage of dislikes) than Rebecca Black's "Friday". Congratulations, Rick, you now have the most disliked video on the interwebz. It's an honor that truly suits you.

It is rare that I completely and wholeheartedly agree with Hillary Clinton. But this is one of those times.

If any group can be denied human rights, then every group could be denied human rights by the same argument.

Perry is an idiot.

eta: I had some reservations about putting Clinton in that position, but she has done a kick-ass job and I applaud her for it.

I wish Hillary had become President instead of Obama. She is tough and experienced. Obama seems to be learning on the job

She is tough. We have discussed my various reasons for disliking Clinton here before, but I have serious respect for that woman.

LOL school prayer. I had enforced prayer in school most every day for 14 years (Catholic school), and I stand here before youunchanged by the experience. True story: chanting a random prayer at the beginning of classes does not make any difference to anyone's level of religion or morality. The religious kids chant along, the non-religious ones roll their eyes, the prayer finishes, on we go.

NtFzuGeCfkc

BbrI3F7p6-o

You beat me by a few minutes. I just found that parody on "Crooks & Liars".

OMG - I just about spit out my coke.

"God fearing vagina penetrators" is my new favourite phase. Trying to figure out how to work it into daily conversations.

Found this on failblog today:

d084c58f-73ce-45f4-a061-87c05602aeb5.jpg

Apparently Rick Perry's video now has more dislikes (and a much higher percentage of dislikes) than Rebecca Black's "Friday". Congratulations, Rick, you now have the most disliked video on the interwebz. It's an honor that truly suits you.

He's also wearing the same jacket as one of the Brokeback cowboys.

political-pictures-rick-perry-brokeback-brilliant-self-parody.png

Almost the same outfit- the shirts are just different shades of blue.

And the song was written by a gay composer.

I wonder who set all this shit up, because it couldn't have been Perry himself.

Check out his channel: all the negative comments are marked as spam, and his new video has comments and like/dislike disabled.

What a cowardly idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPerry2012

He wants to represent the American people, but he disables comments and ratings on all of his videos. Yeah, jsut what we need from a candidate.

Douche Canoe.

Children can't celebrate Christmas? WHAT?! People are celebrating Christmas earlier and earlier each year. No one even celebrates Thanksgiving anymore. It's basically Christmas practice now. Soon people are going to be dressing as Santa and elves for Halloween.

This whole idea that there is a war on Christmas is absurd. The fact that Perry says children can't even celebrate the holiday is beyond stupid.

Does he realize that PP prevents more abortions than they perform? If he wants to prevent abortion, he should be handing out birth controls pills at high school hot lunch.

Ain't gonna happen. If anything, he''d be preaching "Keep it in your pants/your legs closed till marriage."

(New poster here--Hi! *waves* I'm here because I got tired of the draconian moderating of the TWoP Duggar thread.)

Can I just say that's it is refreshing to see a few liberals here? There are none where I live. It's all about how perfect and wonderful the Republicans are, and the hatred for Obama borders on pathological. I SO wish I could move, but all of my family are in this ultra conservative Bible Belt town.

Sad thing is that even though Texas hates Perry (he barely got voted in this last time - in an extremely conservative state) they'd still vote for him over any Democrat. Because them Dems all say such awful stuff, like that people should have rights and be treated like humans. How un-Christian of them.

Ok, rant over. And of course I hate Perry too. What a dick.

How do these people get away with saying things like that?

I can only imagine the shit storm which would fly if a wannabe UK prime minister came out with shite like that.

Archived