IGNORED

Perry Hates Gay People, Tells Lies. SOS Clinton Is Awesome

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

I know, and in other news, water is wet and fire will burn you.

Perry's newest campaign ad:

0PAJNntoRgA

"I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage. Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again."

Kids can pray in school if they want, you asshat. It's also news to me that our Christian president is waging a war on religion.

This is from his statement in response to Secretary of State Clinton's speech concerning LGBTQI rights.

Just when you thought Barack Obama couldn’t get any more out of touch with America’s values, AP reports his administration wants to make foreign aid decisions based on gay rights.

This administration’s war on traditional American values must stop.

I have proposed a foreign aid budget that starts at zero. From that zero baseline, we will consider aid requests based solely on America’s national security interests. Promoting special rights for gays in foreign countries is not in America’s interests and not worth a dime of taxpayers’ money.

But there is a troubling trend here beyond the national security nonsense inherent in this silly idea. This is just the most recent example of an administration at war with people of faith in this country. Investing tax dollars promoting a lifestyle many Americas of faith find so deeply objectionable is wrong.

President Obama has again mistaken America’s tolerance for different lifestyles with an endorsement of those lifestyles. I will not make that mistake.

What did she say that bothered him so much?

"I want to talk about the work we have left to do to protect one group of people whose human rights are still denied in too many parts of the world today. In many ways, they are an invisible minority. They are arrested, beaten, terrorized, even executed. Many are treated with contempt and violence by their fellow citizens while authorities empowered to protect them look the other way or, too often, even join in the abuse. They are denied opportunities to work and learn, driven from their homes and countries, and forced to suppress or deny who they are to protect themselves from harm.

I am talking about gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people, human beings born free and given bestowed equality and dignity, who have a right to claim that, which is now one of the remaining human rights challenges of our time. I speak about this subject knowing that my own country's record on human rights for gay people is far from perfect. Until 2003, it was still a crime in parts of our country. Many LGBT Americans have endured violence and harassment in their own lives, and for some, including many young people, bullying and exclusion are daily experiences. So we, like all nations, have more work to do to protect human rights at home. Now, raising this issue, I know, is sensitive for many people and that the obstacles standing in the way of protecting the human rights of LGBT people rest on deeply held personal, political, cultural, and religious beliefs. So I come here before you with respect, understanding, and humility.

Even though progress on this front is not easy, we cannot delay acting. So in that spirit, I want to talk about the difficult and important issues we must address together to reach a global consensus that recognizes the human rights of LGBT citizens everywhere.

The first issue goes to the heart of the matter. Some have suggested that gay rights and human rights are separate and distinct; but, in fact, they are one and the same. Now, of course, 60 years ago, the governments that drafted and passed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights were not thinking about how it applied to the LGBT community. They also weren’t thinking about how it applied to indigenous people or children or people with disabilities or other marginalized groups. Yet in the past 60 years, we have come to recognize that members of these groups are entitled to the full measure of dignity and rights, because, like all people, they share a common humanity. This recognition did not occur all at once. It evolved over time. And as it did, we understood that we were honoring rights that people always had, rather than creating new or special rights for them.

Like being a woman, like being a racial, religious, tribal, or ethnic minority, being LGBT does not make you less human. And that is why gay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights. It is violation of human rights when people are beaten or killed because of their sexual orientation, or because they do not conform to cultural norms about how men and women should look or behave. It is a violation of human rights when governments declare it illegal to be gay, or allow those who harm gay people to go unpunished. It is a violation of human rights when lesbian or transgendered women are subjected to so-called corrective rape, or forcibly subjected to hormone treatments, or when people are murdered after public calls for violence toward gays, or when they are forced to flee their nations and seek asylum in other lands to save their lives. And it is a violation of human rights when life-saving care is withheld from people because they are gay, or equal access to justice is denied to people because they are gay, or public spaces are out of bounds to people because they are gay. No matter what we look like, where we come from, or who we are, we are all equally entitled to our human rights and dignity."

The full text of her speech is here - http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/74942691

And video (it's long.) -

MudnsExyV78

**ETA: The "special rights for gays" Perry is talking about? I guess that would be the right not to be killed or beaten or raped. Also a good example of using "gays" in an offensive and dehumanizing manner.

I truly despise that guy.

**Edited again to put a space somewhere it needed to be.

So it's a "special right" to not be killed or imprisoned for being gay? Wow. And here I thought that was just a human right.

We need a pants-on-fire emoticon.

Oh those horrible gay people, willing to put their lives on the line as part of the military so this jackass can spout this nonsense.

And how dare Obama close our churches down in his war on religion.

Do people really believe this hogwash?

It is rare that I completely and wholeheartedly agree with Hillary Clinton. But this is one of those times.

If any group can be denied human rights, then every group could be denied human rights by the same argument.

Perry is an idiot.

eta: I had some reservations about putting Clinton in that position, but she has done a kick-ass job and I applaud her for it.

It is rare that I completely and wholeheartedly agree with Hillary Clinton. But this is one of those times.

If any group can be denied human rights, then every group could be denied human rights by the same argument.

Perry is an idiot.

eta: I had some reservations about putting Clinton in that position, but she has done a kick-ass job and I applaud her for it.

I agree. Clinton has totally excelled as Secretary of State.

And Perry sucks.

This is going to cost him. Ok you have to hate people how does that make you a christian? god I hate some Christians . Bragging about being a christian but not even follow the basics is nothing to brag about.

I agree. I still wish she had won the Democratic nom, though. It would have been the first time I voted for a major party presidential candidate.

Guest Anonymous

It's so telling to read the above quotes by Perry juxtaposed with the following article from yesterday.

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/ ... DENT/53657

Kurt Wuelper, President of New Hampshire Right to Life, today announced his support for Texas Gov. Rick Perry for president.

“I am honored to have Kurt’s support and the support of so many other pro-life Americans,†said Gov. Perry. “As governor of Texas, I signed more pro-life legislation than any other governor in history. Our nation needs a president committed to protecting the rights of innocent unborn children.â€

“I know that Gov. Perry unequivocally believes that life begins at conception and does not waiver in his protection of the unborn, unlike some self-professed pro-life candidates,†said Wuelper. “But more than just talking the talk, Rick Perry has shown he is a man of strong faith and strong action. He has a proven consistent record of protecting innocent human life and has signed more pro-life legislation than any governor in Texas history, including the Parental Notification Act, the Parental Consent Act, the Prenatal Protection Act, and the Woman’s Right to Know Act. That’s why I am supporting him for President.â€

“In Texas, Gov. Perry successfully de-funded the nation’s leading abortion provider, Planned Parenthood,†Wuelper added. “His courage and convictions are just what America needs right now as it tries to find its way through these tough times. I am so very proud to support Gov. Perry for president and encourage anyone who cares about fostering a culture of life in America to consider doing the same.â€

Gov. Perry’s defunding of Planned Parenthood resulted in the shutdown of 12 Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas. Since 2005, Gov. Perry has signed budgets that include millions for pregnancy resource centers and other pro-life agencies that assist pregnant women. The governor also signed a ban on late-term abortions and a law that requires a doctor to perform a sonogram on an expectant mother before performing an abortion. Additionally, every Texas budget signed by Gov. Perry prohibits funding of abortions by tax dollars.

“He doesn’t just fight against abortion, Gov. Perry fights for life,†concluded Wuelper. “His dedication to providing assistance to pregnant women and encouraging them to choose life makes him exactly the kind of positive leader I want in the White House.â€

Unless of course it's an already born gay kid's life, then he thinks it isn't worth one dime of an American taxpayer's money. It's absolutely disgusting that he runs around calling himself pro-life, it makes me sick.

“In Texas, Gov. Perry successfully de-funded the nation’s leading abortion provider, Planned Parenthood,†Wuelper added. “His courage and convictions are just what America needs right now as it tries to find its way through these tough times. I am so very proud to support Gov. Perry for president and encourage anyone who cares about fostering a culture of life in America to consider doing the same.â€

Gov. Perry’s defunding of Planned Parenthood resulted in the shutdown of 12 Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas.

Does he realize that PP prevents more abortions than they perform? If he wants to prevent abortion, he should be handing out birth controls pills at high school hot lunch.

Someone please tell me when prayer became illegal in schools? Someones trying to tell me its true (funny, I can't find anything on that!) OH AND they wanna tell me that its illegal to pray in public. *laughs*

Anyway, someone please help me. If its true, I need links! If its false, tell me and help me set my friend here straight!

I pray in school all the time, and I see other people doing it as well.

As long as there are calculus tests, there will be prayer in school.

Guest Anonymous
Someone please tell me when prayer became illegal in schools? Someones trying to tell me its true (funny, I can't find anything on that!) OH AND they wanna tell me that its illegal to pray in public. *laughs*

Anyway, someone please help me. If its true, I need links! If its false, tell me and help me set my friend here straight!

It's false. Please direct them to the first amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America. Provided you are in the U.S. anyway.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I think it's illegal for a teacher to lead a prayer in school but private or student-led prayer is legal and even protected, but why should Gov. Goodhair let important, not-just-semantic distinctions get in the way?

I pray in school all the time, and I see other people doing it as well.

As long as there are calculus tests, there will be prayer in school.

:clap: So true!

Dammit, he is so off base and so narrowminded that it makes my blood boil. If this ignorant boob gets voted in, Americans deserve what they get there, frankly. (Luckily, they won't vote him in, if there is any sanity left.)

This puffed-up bigot doesn't deserve to be in charge of a PTA meeting, let alone a country. These people put their LIVES on the line to protect his right to slander them- and this is the thanks they get? It is sick. It is just sick.

I was heartened, however, to visit his campaign's official FB page (to leave an angry message). Instead of the expected army of anti-gay sycophants, 99% of the messages I saw were denouncing him and supporting LGBT rights. Really glad to see some goodness prevailing.

Guest Anonymous
Dammit, he is so off base and so narrowminded that it makes my blood boil. If this ignorant boob gets voted in, Americans deserve what they get there, frankly. (Luckily, they won't vote him in, if there is any sanity left.)

The way our political system works, he could be elected even if the majority of Americans voted for someone else. I don't *think* that is going to happen, but it's harsh to say all of us deserve him if that were to be the case. I know I won't be voting for him, but my state will go red anyway unless there's a miracle between now and election day.

I can't even count the number of ways I'm offended by this asshat.

First of all, his head is square. It's weird and misshapen. He doesn't trust a gay man to fight valiantly for his country? I don't trust a man with a weird ass head to lead a country.

That he actually thinks he's going to win vote by bringing up the school prayer shit. All kids pray in school. On their own. All time. I was brought up an atheist and I prayed before each test, that DD would fall in love with me, that I wouldn't fall down during gym class. I bet I prayed more than he does. Not one teacher ever stopped me. Ever.

There's just no rational thought behind this...it's just...it's....I feel like Madeline Kahn in "Clue": "flames, on the side of my face, breathing, heaving, breath...breathe..."

I can't even count the number of ways I'm offended by this asshat.

First of all, his head is square. It's weird and misshapen. He doesn't trust a gay man to fight valiantly for his country? I don't trust a man with a weird ass head to lead a country.

:laughing-rollingyellow:

"Obama's war on religion?"

Is this guy serious or is it a big joke? He makes W Bush sound like a member of Mensa.

And I've never understood what the big deal was with having gays openly serving in the military. I mean, Alexander the Great was one of best soldier and military strategist in history, and he was bisexual. One can bet that some other great military figures of our past were bi or gay and got married for the sake of appearances...

If a soldier does his (or her) job well who cares about their sexual orientation?

Perry declaring war on gay people is just red meat for his sheep and a way to distract them from the real issues.

Is this guy serious or is it a big joke? He makes W Bush sound like a member of Mensa.

He knows he can't compete with Obama on just about every major issue so he pulls the religion card. Typical of the right wing stooges who run for office in this country.

If a soldier does his (or her) job well who cares about their sexual orientation?

The same kind of homophobic morons who think all gay men want to have sex with them. Basically, inbred mouth breathing morons.

The way our political system works, he could be elected even if the majority of Americans voted for someone else. I don't *think* that is going to happen, but it's harsh to say all of us deserve him if that were to be the case. I know I won't be voting for him, but my state will go red anyway unless there's a miracle between now and election day.

Believe me, I know how that works/feels; here in Canada, if I vote for any party other than the one that always wins my riding, then my vote is pretty much useless. And yes, I am the first to say we brought Harper on ourselves, and I didn't vote for him.

Archived