IGNORED

Duggar article on Quiverfull.com

BoomerLynn

I was reading the Duggar thread on TWOP and someone linked to the original thread from when the first special aired. I hopped on over and came across a link someone posted to an article on Quiverfull.com written when JB was running for Senate. Most of the article is stuff everyone here mostly knows, but there are a few points of interest. For instance, Josh's smug attitude even at the age of 13.

"We're not in it to kick [anyone]," Joshua says in defense of his father. "We're in the race because we feel God has told us to run. We're not against any of our opponents in any way."

Really? We? You are a 13 year old boy. YOU are not in the race at all. Your father is. :roll: My heart goes out to his poor kids that are going to have to grow up listening to that.

http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php/id20/

Edited to add the link :doh:

I've seen this posted on many different boards. It never gets old, though!

She had a desperate, blunt conversation with God one day while standing amid piles of laundry--and this is back when she only had seven children.

"I love 'em, but I think I'm going to go crazy!" she cried to the Lord.

"It was a sacrifice to praise God at that point," Michelle says. But she did. She started singing a song to honor him. Within a week, the children's piano teacher, Ruth Anita Anderson, whom they've come to call Nana, made an offer to help with the laundry.

"God just provided Nana," Michelle says.

Um, you did go crazy, Michelle

Jim Bob wasn't involved in politics until Bill Clinton was elected president in 1992.

"I saw how things were," he says.

I'm betting JB was one of those 'I have proof Bill Clinton is THE ANTICHRIST' guys all through the 90's

"You're my buddy," Jim Bob smiles and says to Michelle as he brings her lunch.

:? Enough already. I won't say get a room, since you'd just impreganate again.

If I was that overwhelmed with seven kids (and I'm sure I would be), I'd take that as a sign to put the hoo-hoo out of commission and focus on raising the kids I already had.

Really? We? You are a 13 year old boy. YOU are not in the race at all. Your father is. :roll: My heart goes out to his poor kids that are going to have to grow up listening to that.

It's always "We" with them. Watch the episode where they find out she's pregnant with Mackynzie--"We had taken several pregnancy tests". I made this comment on YouTube: "WE had taken several pregnancy tests?! Josh was taking them too? No wonder they came out negative!" And again in Michael's birth episode: "Josh and I have been having contractions..." Honey, if Josh were having labor contractions I'd be very scared and take him to the hospital to make sure he wasn't being eaten from the inside!

This was the article that really got me in the beginning. JB controlling Michelle's words before they were a one-family media circus makes one wonder what there was to hide.... :shifty:

I think you have to collapse in tears amongst piles of unwashed laundry first. I'll let my laundry pile up for another week and test this hypothesis. :think:

I'm betting JB was one of those 'I have proof Bill Clinton is THE ANTICHRIST' guys all through the 90's

Which is funny, because he was already their governor then. Maybe they wanted him out of Arkansas. I've always thought there was a subset of Texas voters who voted for Bush to get him out of their state and make him someone else's problem...

I don't remember him being governor... am I missing something? I've been here in Arkansas at LEAST since Josh and I were 10 (Lord thats sad, sharing a birth month and birth year with him... he's older than me if I remember correctly.)

I think you have to collapse in tears amongst piles of unwashed laundry first. I'll let my laundry pile up for another week and test this hypothesis. :think:

I tried it once, and all I got was a script for klonopin and prozac! I guess I am just not holy enough!

It doesn't work. Not that i'd, uh know from experience or anything.

I just ended up getting my RX for Clonazepam and Effexor bumped up. Maybe it only works for speshul fundies? I'm Pagan, so yeah... I can see why my bursts of hysteria have been largely ignored.

I just ended up getting my RX for Clonazepam and Effexor bumped up. Maybe it only works for speshul fundies? I'm Pagan, so yeah... I can see why my bursts of hysteria have been largely ignored.

You're the first fellow Pagan Ive seen here!

It's always "We" with them. Watch the episode where they find out she's pregnant with Mackynzie--"We had taken several pregnancy tests". I made this comment on YouTube: "WE had taken several pregnancy tests?! Josh was taking them too? No wonder they came out negative!" And again in Michael's birth episode: "Josh and I have been having contractions..." Honey, if Josh were having labor contractions I'd be very scared and take him to the hospital to make sure he wasn't being eaten from the inside!

Maybe it's because Anna, as a woman, is incapable of doing anything herself? She can't even piss on a stick on her own, Josh has to help her! And heaven forbid her body actually go into labour without Josh's involvement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried it once, and all I got was a script for klonopin and prozac! I guess I am just not holy enough!

But aren't your days just a bit better? 8-) I'm on the same mix and without it I would lose it in my laundry daily.

And I am a SAHG with zero responsibilities except for the dog.

Archived