IGNORED

Keller Family Reunion (MERGED)

xReems

Josh doesn't seem like such a ruler over his house like Pa Keller does or other fundies. He seems pretty chill and like Anna gets a say in things. He does seem like a douche at times but I respect that he treats her nicer than I've seen others treat their wives in their circle.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, the one with the 2 daughters.

She is gorgeous, and her kids are adorable. Seriously freaking cute.

I see that 3 of the sisters are wearing pants!!! :dance: (on the beach pic in front of the ocean).

Yup, nice to see that they get along so well.

And is that Anna in the middle with the blue striped shirt and the jean skirt? If so, she lost weight! They're pretty.

ETA: one of them has 7 kids!! Holy cow, and she's probably not even over 30 yet...That hubby of hers is seriously NOT defrauding (it's mean to snark on looks but he seems like a fundie weirdo who wants to keep his wife barefoot and preggo).

ETA: one of them has 7 kids!! Holy cow, and she's probably not even over 30 yet...That hubby of hers is seriously NOT defrauding (it's mean to snark on looks but he seems like a fundie weirdo who wants to keep his wife barefoot and preggo).

Yes, that is Esther, the sister who was in labor when Anna was in labor with Michael, but then her labor stopped because the radiation from Japan was attaching to her electrolytes.

I see that 3 of the sisters are wearing pants!!! :dance: (on the beach pic in front of the ocean).

And is that Anna in the middle with the blue striped shirt and the jean skirt? If so, she lost weight! They're pretty.

I think that one of the ones wearing pants (the one with pink hair!) is actually the sister-in-law who "led Daniel astray" or whatever. Not that it really makes a difference. Yay pants.

And I agree about Esther's husband. I'm dying to know what his deal is, because from what I can tell on facebook his siblings are not at all fundie these days.

Yes, that is Esther, the sister who was in labor when Anna was in labor with Michael, but then her labor stopped because the radiation from Japan was attaching to her electrolytes.

I hate it when that happens.

In all seriousness, it looks like they had lots of fun and I'm glad they did!

https://picasaweb.google.com/107005517854688268428/FamilyReunion#

Cute pics! The parents missed out. Their loss.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw the pictures. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time together. What a shame their parents chose to cut themselves out of this wonderful event.

I think they did girl /guy activities and maybe the guys just had a beer for theirs and didn't take any pics.;)

Josh seemed much less of a douche to me in the pics too.

Weird, hm?

I agree - he seemed much more "normal" if that's the right way to express it. I think he really lucked out when he met and married Anna. I think it does both he and Anna good to be away from the Duggar compound and having to fit the TLC/ATI approved mold, even on a temporary basis.

I agree - he seemed much more "normal" if that's the right way to express it. I think he really lucked out when he met and married Anna. I think it does both he and Anna good to be away from the Duggar compound and having to fit the TLC/ATI approved mold, even on a temporary basis.

It really does make me wonder if Josh and his siblings just ham it up for the cameras and not realize how smug and douchey they sound.

see that 3 of the sisters are wearing pants!!! :dance: (on the beach pic in front of the ocean).

In one of the Josh/Anna go visit her parents shows her Mom wore a normal modest bathing suit with a really old cover up over it. Honestly, except for her ridiculously out-of-style glasses no one would have given her a second thought on any normal beach.

I think Priscilla didn't attend because Daddy didn't approve.

The other fundie -sister, Esther?, could attend because her husband allowed her. She's married, so, not under Daddy's authority anymore.

Besides the ones who attended and Priscilla, are there any other siblings?

Considering that her husband sounds way more out there than Josh, it is shocking that he would allow Esther to go.

The one in the normal clothes is adorable. I love the turkey shirt. When my kids do that pose, I always tickle their stomach.

I think they're both pretty cute. Honestly, I don't think most of Esther's children are particularly attractive, but that one is. But she'd be a lot cuter in normal clothes instead of a swim burka. Or long matronly skirts. Poor girl.

Considering that her husband sounds way more out there than Josh, it is shocking that he would allow Esther to go.

He might be superfundie and forces that on his own family, but he seems like a decent person inasmuch as he realizes family is more important than insubstantial theological squabbles.

The pictures of the family are great. Thanks for sharing. That said, I'm very sorry to see that the parents did not attend. I assume that this is because some of their children are not living the exact same lifestyle that they do? How sad :(

Anna and her sisters are very pretty. Which is the one with pink hair? Their parents really did miss out.

Too bad she doesn't have green hair like your average college student, otherwise maybe a point could be proven to Erin Bates.

I think it's pretty easy to read the level of fundyness in the clothes:

Susanna, Rebekah, Daniel and everyone in their families in pants

Anna and Kynzie in medium-length skirts

Esther and her girls in very long skirts

Esther also has a different smile. Less open, more "oh I am so grateful". Did anyone notice?

What other siblings do they have that didn't attend, besides Priscilla?

Josh isn't in a lot of the pics, which I find kind of weird since Anna's in so many, and so many of the pictures are couple/family shots. Maybe there's more pictures that Suze hasn't uploaded yet.

I wonder what the Kellers all think of Josh, too. I didn't get Josh's douche vibes looking at the pics, which makes me wonder how much of a douche he really is.

Maybe he's able to relax and let go a little more when he's away from Jim Bob? The douchebaggery could be a defense mechanism that enables Josh to remain somewhat sane when among his whacko parents. Just a theory...

The two younger brothers that are still living at home. I think they are about 13-18 years old. Somewhere in between.

I also love the pictures and think it is a shame that the parents missed this great oppurtunity to see their kids. I love the fact that Esther, although she seems uber fundie attented. They don't seem to have that much money (John posted on fb that it took them all their savings to buy the tickets) and they chose to spend it to fly to Texas and to the reunion and not to Florida to see Ma&Pa Keller. Good job!!

Someone posted here about their group dynamic and thats what strikes me too. About what did they talk? Did they try to leave out all the "nasty" subjects like the Kellers shunning Daniel and Suze etc? Although they seem to have enjoyed each other I am guessing that from time to time they still felt something like a dark cloud hanging over them. Thanks to the Keller parents!!

What the hell are their parents thinking???? Such a beautiful family (that apparently bent over backwards to plan this for them), and they decide not to come? Seriously?

I have 2 wonderful kids, and when they grow up I will be so happy if they want to plan special get-togethers like that. I wouldn't miss something like that for the world!

For all of the importance these people supposedly place on family, they have dropped their kids like they mean less than nothing to them. What on earth is worth losing touch with your children over? It just makes me absolutely sick. They "love" them as long as they do exactly what mom and dad want. When they don't, they just completely cut them off? Unreal!

And the crazy part? Their kids seem like genuinely good people. Ughhhhh....why do I try to understand????

Ok, the brothers being so young explains them not being there, I guess Daddy Keller stopped them from even thinking about it.

Seriously, I give the Keller children a lot of credit for even WANTING them there.

Also I am impressed by Susanna going her own way at this pretty young (19?20?) age!

Where do Esther & John live? Who knows if it really took up all their savings, but it wouldn't be unlikely with 7 children and one income.

She's not even 30?! :shock:

I am 27 and have..... zero;) kids.

If I had gone another route education-wise, I guess I could imagine having 1 or 2 MAX by now.

But 7 ??

Someone asked a couple posts below what the fundies and non-fundies had to talk about--I think that's why they had so many activites planned.

I also think maybe the parents weren't invited at alll (whoever planned it billed it as a "sibling reunion")--there's no way to try to mend the fundie/fundie-lite/non-fundie divide if your parents are there glowering away.

It looked like a lot of fun. Josh looked like a fun person to be around--I think he feels like he has to play a role on the show. I wish the Keller kids lived closer so he and Anna could hang out with them more, see what a real family is like.

Archived