IGNORED

Purity Myth Documentary

mrs

Found this on reddit. I'm only part of the way through the movie, but the talk about the christian fundamentalist movement and the return of traditional gender roles. Thought I would share.

www. mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=247&template=PDGCommTemplates/HTN/Item_Preview.html

Thanks, looks interesting! Miley saying she's staying pure in the beginning...yeah, right... :roll:

I wish teen stars would stop playing that game, and I wish even more that parents wouldn't expect them to. They should just say "That's private, not talking about this."

This can make me feel so ashamed of my own gender. And what's worse, I'm a 23 year-old virgin who doesn't give a darn. A woman is a human being like me and everybody else. This world is so fucked up with its madonna-whore complex. Damn the Purity Myth, I am so mocking it in one of my stories.

Gonna watch it once I get home from school, it definitely looks interesting. Thanks.

And I am with Annalea, teen stars really need to stop playing the game. Even if Miley is still "pure", she is still the one caught on tape giving some guy a fricken' lap dance!

A very insightful documentary that ties all the issues together.

I told my husband to watch this! He's on Team Feminism anyway, but it can't hurt ;)

Watching the clips of the abstinance-only instructors is making me so angry!!! Birth control pills will kill you? Condoms are the same a brick to crotch? Sex is the same thing as unsticky duct tape????

OMG, I'm so angry right now, I can't even see straight.

Add me to the list of people who want a non-"For Preview Only" version of this video. I think the subject matter is interesting enough, but others would be too distracted by the text to watch.

I'm dismayed that it costs $125? did I read that right?

Life-changing 45 minutes, just now. I have to think very carefully about how much longer I want to support the branch of Lutheranism that doesn't allow women and men the same rights, based on a throwaway passage in a letter from Saint Paul to one congregation 1985 years ago.

ETA: I mean, I was getting sick ... it was as if I was listening to that poor Kristina creature parroting the hateful speech of those men - and some women - who say there are only accusers, not victims. .... Who want women to go home, be quiet and clean up the house and await further orders from the husband. Who basically hate women.

(Not saying Kristina hates women. Saying that the people who perpetuate some of the things she and other unwitting bloggers have repeated, certainlly do.)

Finished watching the preview. It was very interesting and I've heard some of the purity lies before "duck tape one and the pill ones". It clearly stated some of the craziness that is purity balls.

Neat! I've read the book, but I had no idea there was a documentary. I enjoyed the preview. I don't know if it will ever air on television, but it couldn't hurt to request that your local or college library purchase the DVD.

Archived