IGNORED

Satan attacks the Seven Sisters

ladypuglover

SOMEONE has to be responsible for my house needing $10,000 worth of plumbing work.

Might as well blame Satan. Easier than blaming the idiot couple who bought the 100+ year old house with original plumbing, not realizing that eventually the plumbing would have to be replaced.

(In our defense, we were in our middle twenties at the time, and it's lasted almost 15 years.)

It always bothers me how the father and brothers can wear 'normal' clothing but the sisters and mother have to wear ugly frumpers and lace head coverings that draw attention to them and make them stand out in a crowd. If the sisters have to wear those types of frumpers then the men in the family should be dressed in plain clothing as well. Seems only fair.

I'm confused - why don't their canned foods have rims on the jars?

/OT, but seriously. I'm wondering.

I

Some people remove the rings once the lids are sealed. I've heard that it's to prevent the ring from rusting, but I suspect it's more often a way to reuse the rings on jars that didn't come with a lid and ring. Lots of people reuse jars that were never intended for home canning. I leave the rings on because I think it looks nicer and they form another barrier to contamination. (No scientific evidence for the latter, just my completely subjective opinion.)

Some people remove the rings once the lids are sealed. I've heard that it's to prevent the ring from rusting, but I suspect it's more often a way to reuse the rings on jars that didn't come with a lid and ring. Lots of people reuse jars that were never intended for home canning. I leave the rings on because I think it looks nicer and they form another barrier to contamination. (No scientific evidence for the latter, just my completely subjective opinion.)

My mom is a master food preserver and she take the rings off her jars, too. I leave them on, though...mostly out of laziness. But I also think it protects the jar a little bit from getting nicks and chips.

Mr. Fox went out of town for one day last week, and while he was gone Satan broke the pipe under the kitchen sink, causing water to pour down into the newly floored laundry room below. Thankfully, Jesus had told us to use vinyl flooring, not laminate, and a disaster was averted. Praise the Lord!

I have to admit, a part of me is tickled by the fairy-tale simplicity of evil demons being to blame for every messed up thing that happens, demons that can be halted by allegiance to an all-powerful good spirit. It's very simple and almost sweet, in a way. Except when they start trying to enact legislation based on their fairy-tale. That's certainly not so sweet.

When I first read it I thought one of you Freejingers had "attacked" them in the comments (you know because this is basically limbo here). Of course I, the heathen, didn't consider something as normal as a broken dryer as an attack of Satan. :doh:

And they live in Kosciusko county, though I have no idea where that is (not in Poland obviously). As I don't have a life I once read ALL their entries and in one of them they showed a 4-H certificate that one of the girls won and I think it was there. I might look for it later but now Satan, that old bugger, has sent me work.

Kosciusko County is in Northern Indiana. The closest larger cities are South Bend, Fort Wayne and Elkhart. It's closer to Chicago than it is to Indianapolis. Lots of Amish and Mennonite families up there. Are the Seven Sisters Mennonites? Do they ever say? If they are Mennonite, that would explain the lace on their heads....

Where in the world do they buy those head doilies?

I was reading comments, and many commented on how they loved their jumpers! I had to think a while before I remembered jumper=frumper. :D

Kosciusko County is in Northern Indiana. The closest larger cities are South Bend, Fort Wayne and Elkhart. It's closer to Chicago than it is to Indianapolis. Lots of Amish and Mennonite families up there. Are the Seven Sisters Mennonites? Do they ever say? If they are Mennonite, that would explain the lace on their heads....

Thank you, divadivine. Interstingly, they never write the name of their church but they write about the yearly camping trip, like here: homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/785563/

Most of the other girls wear frumpers too but some wear trousers like the three on that...swingy thing with four arms.

edited to break the link and to say that I couldn't find that 4-H-certificate anymore. Maybe they deleted it.

These girls are faaar to happy to qualify for a Maxwell boy. I can't see them kowtowing to Steve and being all meek and mild. While their happiness creeps me out, I'd never wish a Maxwell life on any of them.

Yes, he also made my kitchen sink clog up. The bastard!

I guess I was battling Satan last night with a wire hanger, and guess who won? THIS KID. Eat it, Satan, the bathroom sink flows freely again!

I have to admit, a part of me is tickled by the fairy-tale simplicity of evil demons being to blame for every messed up thing that happens, demons that can be halted by allegiance to an all-powerful good spirit. It's very simple and almost sweet, in a way. Except when they start trying to enact legislation based on their fairy-tale. That's certainly not so sweet.

I think such things might shake these poor women into fits of tremendous guilt. Why is Satan attacking their plumbing? Clearly they weren't vigiliant in their faith and God turned His back on them and allowed Satan to enter their home. Faithful people can defeat Satan and his petty basement-flooding ways.

Unless of course God allowed it to test them. Will they stay faithful after spending money to make repairs?

Even though I've heard of the Seven Sisters in Frumpers before, I assumed the title was talking about these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sist ... olleges%29 Seven Sisters and it was some crazy fundie ranting about women gettin' educated.

I initially thought this too and I got really excited, because I went to a Seven Sisters college.

But hey, at least I know whom to blame for the poo-berries that sometimes cling to my dog's hairy butt :twisted:

I guess I was battling Satan last night with a wire hanger, and guess who won? THIS KID. Eat it, Satan, the bathroom sink flows freely again!

Does the bathroom sink (or Satan!) now call you "Mommie Dearest?" :lol:

Satan helped my dog grab a bag of Sour Patch Kids off my counter. Poor critter obviously wishes he'd accepted Jesus, since the candy did NOT agree with him.

Have you read the comment by the Fletcher Sisters on the last "Wordless Wednesday" entry? --> homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/786540/#comments

I wonder whether they (the real sisters) realise that it is a parody...

Archived