IGNORED

Meredith and Lina????

chemist1217

So according to Meredith's Facebook page, she and "AJ N Paulina" are now friends. Anyone want to speculate on the amazing conversations those two must have....wow....talk about an odd pairing. How do they even know each other?

I would expect they found out about each other from this site. Obviously Lina knows about this site. Does anyone know if Meredith does? I would think if nothing else Lina may have seen posts about her here and told her.

I would expect they found out about each other from this site. Obviously Lina knows about this site. Does anyone know if Meredith does? I would think if nothing else Lina may have seen posts about her here and told her.

I think Meredith made one or two cheeky comments about us, indirectly, but never visited AFAIK. However, I do think we are one of the reasons Future President McPerfectHusband probably had her stop blogging. That's one's total speculation though.

Meredith is, in my opinion MUCH classier (though her beliefs are just as insidious) and much more secure. Lina cannot handle any criticism, so it is unsurprising that she sent TT and possibly herself in disguise over here to rant angrily about us evil bitches.

Also, people generally liked Meredith, if not her family or belief system, so not much to rant about I guess :D

Those two must have some interesting interactions...

I wouldn't be surprised if PerfectStephen made Meredith stop blogging. I wonder if the two were spooked by how easily the interent detectives figured out who he is.

That or all the snarking we did on her gown. And the 27 bell ringers.

Kitty- Meredith was an intriguing SAHD here blog is here strivingtoserveathome.blogspot.com/ she blogged about every last detail of her wedding, where she married a guy who graduated from Princeton, very much not your typical fundie dude. (FJ theorize he has political ambitions and might have picked Mere to be the perfect politician's wife) And I'm not exaggerating, she really did have over two dozen girls in the wedding who rang bells and were supposed to be inspired by her perfect courtship and marriage.

Weird.

I'm trying to imagine what their headships would think about each other. Stephen, whatever other issues he has, is obviously hella smart and suave. TT is a massive pile of pretentious fail.

I wouldn't be surprised if PerfectStephen made Meredith stop blogging. I wonder if the two were spooked by how easily the interent detectives figured out who he is.

That or all the snarking we did on her gown. And the 27 bell ringers.

Kitty- Meredith was an intriguing SAHD here blog is here strivingtoserveathome.blogspot.com/ she blogged about every last detail of her wedding, where she married a guy who graduated from Princeton, very much not your typical fundie dude. (FJ theorize he has political ambitions and might have picked Mere to be the perfect politician's wife) And I'm not exaggerating, she really did have over two dozen girls in the wedding who rang bells and were supposed to be inspired by her perfect courtship and marriage.

Didn't Stephen find Meredith by googling "submissive wife" or something?

Didn't Stephen find Meredith by googling "submissive wife" or something?

I don't think they ever actually said what his google search was, but FJers have theorized it was something along those lines.

I wonder how Meredith doing with her new kid. She seems very helpless if her husband turns out to be an ass. I can't imagine how anyone would want to have a political wife with the background like Meredith. Many political wives have their own elite credentials. I'm not sure in this day and age people expect the new governor/senator/president's wife is a high school graduate who never held a job in her life. This may be ok 30 years ago, but the new crop of politicians seem to want wives with credentials and an impressive resume.

I wonder how Meredith doing with her new kid. She seems very helpless if her husband turns out to be an ass. I can't imagine how anyone would want to have a political wife with the background like Meredith. Many political wives have their own elite credentials. I'm not sure in this day and age people expect the new governor/senator/president's wife is a high school graduate who never held a job in her life. This may be ok 30 years ago, but the new crop of politicians seem to want wives with credentials and an impressive resume.

makes him a man of the people. imagine it could make him more, not less, electable.

makes him a man of the people. imagine it could make him more, not less, electable.

A girl who never held a job in her life? In this economy? How does that make the husband more "man of the people"?

A girl born in this day and age who never goes to college, never held a paying job....how many people can identify with that? Most girls will work full time for a period of time. I see even girls from conservative families around here who are expected to work and have marketable skills. Heck, most mothers now work, the stay at home rhetoric has been pushed aside for underwater houses and layoffs. In fact, the first name that comes to mind of a late 20th century female who has never held a real job would be Paris Hilton. :lol:

A girl who never held a job in her life? In this economy? How does that make the husband more "man of the people"?

A girl born in this day and age who never goes to college, never held a paying job....how many people can identify with that? Most girls will work full time for a period of time. I see even girls from conservative families around here who are expected to work and have marketable skills. Heck, most mothers now work, the stay at home rhetoric has been pushed aside for underwater houses and layoffs. In fact, the first name that comes to mind of a late 20th century female who has never held a real job would be Paris Hilton. :lol:

Seems more "authentic" than a Yale or Harvard Law grad wife.

You want to bet that most Joe Blow types - if given a choice - would be delighted if their wife didn't have to work and could stay home/raise the kids vs. a wife securing a Yale degree? (we're talking joe the plumber types here).

One is aspirational - I would keep my wife home if I could!

The other is inconceivable; absurd; undesirable.

Well, she did some real estate investing and pretty serious farm work. That's got to count for something with "the people."

I'm also guessing that, if this were to be Stephen's plan, they'd spin it as Meredith working for the "family business" - aka the farm.

Well, she did some real estate investing and pretty serious farm work. That's got to count for something with "the people."

+ the cheesecakes. I think Meredith is certainly the most resourceful of the two. She was not lazy lina staying at home wondering what new religion to adopt...

I think Meredith made one or two cheeky comments about us, indirectly, but never visited AFAIK. However, I do think we are one of the reasons Future President McPerfectHusband probably had her stop blogging. That's one's total speculation though.

It may be speculation, but Future President McPerfectHusband ought to keep in mind that there are a lot of us out here and we have good and long memories. We're going to remember how he "courted Meredith" (sorry, the whole thing is just bloody creepy to me, reminds me of stalking).

Here is a creepy thing I ran into: One of the residents I trained with was decidedly NOT fundie (was known to have "given pieces of his heart" + bacteria to multiple women who were too dazzled by his good looks to realize he was a major skeez) but he chose an 18 y/o virgin fundie girl (he emphasized the virginity and purity to anyone who would listen) because he wanted a wife who was "untainted" (his exact words) because he was considering politics and because he preferred a woman "he could train right" (his words too). Now he is the chief of MRI at a big hospital - so he may well achieve his political goals. Anyway he so reminds me of Meridith's husband.

I wouldn't say she never worked a day in her life--Meredith worked damn hard in several paying jobs (her cheesecakes she sold to local resteraunts, the bushhogging business she ran with her brother doing the advertising, books, and the actual bushhogging,, plus the work she did on the farm which is the family's main/only source of income--and wasn't there something with peanut brittle, too?). I doubt she worked for an outside employer, but she had multiple paying customers for her work, outside of her own family. Unlike many SAHD's, what she did I think would count as working to most people even without Kool-ade.

As for how she met Stephen, if he does really run for office, I'm sure he's smart enough to spin it into, "I was so impressed with her blog, so we started an email correspondence, and then we fell in love." Which could be true, for all we know, although why he found the blog is still a bit sketchy, I guess.

But unlike Lina who comes across as lazy and deceptive, and TT who comes across as that plus creepy, Meredith seems smart and hardworking, and really quite pleasant (note: not saying M, L or TT really are these things, just going on general impressions from the web), and if M's religious beliefs are a problem for some, the GOP politicking going on right now tells me many others would find it a good match.

Archived