IGNORED

"Miss" Raquel's Christmas CD review

buddingmedievalist

I was reading through her movie reviews when this jumped out at me from her review of Alice in Wonderland.

Oh, and the ONLY thing I didn't really like about this whole part was that it was...in a way...feministic. Just because SHE was the one who slew the Jabbawocky and not like...The Hatter or a guy or something. I don't know. That kinda bothered me...

from here: god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/11/alice-in-wonderland.html

She didn't like that Alice killed the Jabberwocky because she expected a man to do it. Instead of seeing it as something positive for everyone to see, that a woman can do anything she needs to do and doesn't need a man, she goes this direction with it.

I really hope that this is just a silly teen phase for her.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the most beautiful story I have ever read. I can't decide what I like better-the dj stalker christian or the girl in the abortion clinic talking about how it was her fifth time. Oh, and how she was pressured into sex. Very fundie approved. them womanz dontz havz the sex drivez you knowz.

I was reading through her movie reviews when this jumped out at me from her review of Alice in Wonderland.

She didn't like that Alice killed the Jabberwocky because she expected a man to do it. Instead of seeing it as something positive for everyone to see, that a woman can do anything she needs to do and doesn't need a man, she goes this direction with it.

See, and the ONLY thing* I really didn't like about the movie was the fact that they called the monster a "Jabberwocky." Carroll's creature is a "Jabberwock"; "Jabberwocky" is the name of the poem about it.

*Actually, the movie, IMHO, was mildly entertaining but effed with the original in ways that I wasn't nuts about.

Well, for a long time it was a serious subject of discussion. Was Jesus really born of Mary--like with blood and ooky gookyness--or did he sort of just waft down the birth canal being all uncontaminated by all that human stuff?

Obviously Miss Raquel's Jesus was such a wafter he didn't need Mary at all.

Pssh. I bet he didn't even need to breastfeed.

I don't know about Oregon, but here in Washington I often took very short summer breaks, maybe a few weeks. Then I had more wiggle room during the traditional school year. We also did not take snow days, staff inservice, teache conference days, etc. I did not formally count the days, either. We were way ahead in our curriculum, which was above the children's grade level in years, so I just did not worry about it.

In many states, you may need to school a certain number of days, but you can put them together however you wish. Some people go year-round, others take a traditional summer break. So she may be a year-rounder, which would allow her more frequent breaks.

That was the most beautiful story I have ever read. I can't decide what I like better-the dj stalker christian or the girl in the abortion clinic talking about how it was her fifth time. Oh, and how she was pressured into sex. Very fundie approved. them womanz dontz havz the sex drivez you knowz.

You should go read Hane's AMAZING "rewrite" on the old FJ boards. Seriously, I've read it twice and it's actually made me tear up a little.

You should go read Hane's AMAZING "rewrite" on the old FJ boards. Seriously, I've read it twice and it's actually made me tear up a little.

Can't find it anywhere. Link?

Yup, full of wooden characters. I could come up with better, realistic and vivid characters. If I based a character on Raquel, I would make that character incompetent, stubborn, delusional, Bible-centric, ladylike, 'I have the vapors', trivial, ostentatious, and concerned with nothing but flowers, horses, wearing dresses all the time, tea, psalm-singing, and wearing furs from poor animals.

I would LOVE for the lovely Miss Raquel and her god-fearing parents to sit down with my liberal Catholic parents. My dad is the nicest guy in the world, but I think the WTF looks would be flying everywhere. Not to mention that I would actually have to come home, since I live away from my father's protection and control, where I spend my days learning, drinking, and being a feminist.

Of course, if she really loved White Christmas, she'd know that it was originally sung in the movie "Holiday Inn" (but still by Bing Crosby). Much better movei than White Christmas, IMO, but both are entertaining. Although when I watch White Christmas, all I can do is look at Vera-Ellen's waist...I only learned years after I first saw the movie that she was anorexic, but I always thought that waist had to be unnatural.

Do you think she's even allowed to watch White Christmas? Because, you know, Bing and Danny dress up in women's clothes for one number, and there is plenty of kissing...

Oooh, I love it when Bing and Danny sing "Sisters" in drag! http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... pC-dZpD7eI

This is Bing introducing White Christmas in Holiday Inn. The video is a blend of the first rendition and the reprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epbE1GCP ... re=related

This is the audio of Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen singing "Sisters". The visuals are stills from the film and rehearsals, but you can see the beautiful gowns the women wore:

This last link is to Danny dancing with Vera-Ellen in White Christmas. The Best Things Happen When You're Dancing. Makes me glad I'm not a fundie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPjWSzf6 ... re=related

Apologies for not embedding the videos

I really hope that this is just a silly teen phase for her.

Ah Flicka! (Which you have to get to via the 'Amazing Grace' link btw) http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/11/flicka.html

Kinda have to read/look at the whole thing, but jist of it is it's not recommended because the family is not a perfect, happy, Christian family. I think she missed the point where the family turmoil was part of the main conflict. Also, this one too has the ebil feminist message.

You know what she needs? A good snogging. Seriously if she would just get kissed I think she would realise that its not a big deal, in fact its probably a bit gross(thinking back to my early teens and the awful kissing habits of teens) her notion that she is a romantic is so immature and really I think she does want to give into her teenage hormones but is too proud to do so. She is confusing sap with romance...I fear she will be in for a big shock when reality hits and she isnt having her hair brushed by her true love while he sings her songs of love on a bed strewn with roses.

Here is her FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Anony ... 8072435203

She seems a tad obsessed with getting followers. And I wonder what were the horrible comments she got about her horse? I bet it was just people asking her if she was actually going to care for. And since the horse has gone the way of Zsu Zsu's puppy, I kind of doubt that she was prepared to really care for a horse.

Archived