IGNORED

"Miss" Raquel's Christmas CD review

buddingmedievalist

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.

Mary cheers up once the wise men arrive with gold, frankincense, and myrrh: excellent accessories for her upcoming Modesty Fashion Week.

Mary is temporarily put off by the arrival of smelly shepherds, but then realizes she can not only use them as babysitters while she snaps photos of herself, she can also use them in her ever popular "Ask a guy" series.

Hey, isn't Miss Raquel the one with the horse?

Srta. (see, I can do it too!) might want to tell the world how long it's been since she herself has been in a stable. Is your horse okay? Properly fed? Poop picked up? Clean water available? Does he have any scratches or galls? How do you know? Has he exercised recently? On a regular basis? Are you tired of him yet or have you actually grown up into your responsibility for a living being that now depends on you for everything?

The horse has not been mentioned since the initial gushy posts. I'm guessing it didn't work out like she thought and is being ignored. Poor horse. No creature should have that vapid young girl forced upon them.

Mary is temporarily put off by the arrival of smelly shepherds, but then realizes she can not only use them as babysitters while she snaps photos of herself, she can also use them in her ever popular "Ask a guy" series.

But if Mary's already married to Joseph, isn't that problematic? Or, ::squee:: she could become a matchmaker for some other SAHD since she already got herself a carpenter !!!!eleventy!!! ::dies because it's SO ROMANTIC::!!!!!eleventy!!!

Edit: Woohoo! Made it to frumper lover!

Of course she can be a matchmaker!!!11!!!! :: deep sigh:: ::happy smiles:: She is the most romantic person around ::squeals::

I could not understand what is it with fundie Protestants and their dislike of Mary? This tells me that they really really dislike women a lot, especially biblical ones.

I honor the Virgin Mary, the Theotokos, the Queen of Heaven with all my heart and soul. God is my Father and king but Mary is my Heavenly Mother. She is like another incarnation of the Goddess.

Well, a lot of Protestant fundie mysoginy seems to stem from their rejection of "mariolatry."

However, while I can sort of understand saying she mustn't be venerated excessively, etc. the actual dislike of Mary that some fundies seem to have is odd. Is it basically bad to put any woman in a vaguely positive light?

Ask her if she's heard Sting (he of the tantric sex fame) do The Angel Gabriel From Heaven Came , on his cd "On Winter's Night"? It's a wonderful version of one of my favorite::: :clap: :dance: ::: hymns.

Of course, if she really loved White Christmas, she'd know that it was originally sung in the movie "Holiday Inn" (but still by Bing Crosby). Much better movei than White Christmas, IMO, but both are entertaining. Although when I watch White Christmas, all I can do is look at Vera-Ellen's waist...I only learned years after I first saw the movie that she was anorexic, but I always thought that waist had to be unnatural.

Do you think she's even allowed to watch White Christmas? Because, you know, Bing and Danny dress up in women's clothes for one number, and there is plenty of kissing...

Of course, if she really loved White Christmas, she'd know that it was originally sung in the movie "Holiday Inn" (but still by Bing Crosby). Much better movie than White Christmas, IMO, but both are entertaining. Although when I watch White Christmas, all I can do is look at Vera-Ellen's waist...I only learned years after I first saw the movie that she was anorexic, but I always thought that waist had to be unnatural.

Do you think she's even allowed to watch White Christmas? Because, you know, Bing and Danny dress up in women's clothes for one number, and there is plenty of kissing...

ETA: double-posted because I accidentally hit Quote instead of Edit while trying to correct a riffle...sigh...

The review is awful. Same with her movie "reviews," where she just lists the actors in the movies and comments on the morality of each character.

She's in high school. She should be able to write in paragraphs. My high school newspaper had some decent movie/book/album reviews and arts criticism in it. I mean, not award-winning by any means, but coherent, thoughtful, and capable of moving past her typical fodder: "I liked the movie!!!111!!! It was good! Ooh, but that villain was mean!!!111!! I didn't like him!!!!"

I don't think education is high up on the list of priorities in her life. She once listed a plus side of homeschooling that you don't have to do things like Literature because you can just read books you like. ::sigh:: :( Reading isn't the same as Literature. I think they count her fictional writing as all the writing she does too. And that is just wretched writing.

I don't think education is high up on the list of priorities in her life. She once listed a plus side of homeschooling that you don't have to do things like Literature because you can just read books you like. ::sigh:: :( Reading isn't the same as Literature. I think they count her fictional writing as all the writing she does too. And that is just wretched writing.

And yet she considers herself an "authoress" and will probably teach her own kiddos at the SOTDRT once she finds her Prince Charming who will kiss her in the rain, etc

Twenty bucks says the excessive exclaimation points are hiding the fact that Michael Buble causes a stirring in her loins that is entirely unbefitting a pure, modest, daughter of god.

Gag me.

And yet she considers herself an "authoress" and will probably teach her own kiddos at the SOTDRT once she finds her Prince Charming who will kiss her in the rain, etc

Not to mention all her fanboys who feed her ego and beg her to get her "book" (the babbling about some pregnant girl getting saved) published because it's important and she is oh so gifted and speshul!

She does not have unpure thoughts! ::angry stomp:: She is just a die-hard romantic who is waiting on God to write her love story. ::sigh:: ::dreamy face:: How dare you accuse her of that Haligh who is most certainly a liar when it comes to casting aspersions of God's Daughter who only speaks His words.

Yeah, careful Haligh, or she'll send her parents to have a sit down meeting with you and your parents to discuss your evilness in spreading lies about her

Not to mention all her fanboys who feed her ego and beg her to get her "book" (the babbling about some pregnant girl getting saved) published because it's important and she is oh so gifted and speshul!

Can someone fill me in please?

Can someone fill me in please?

Raquel wrote a novelette--a fictional, she called it--about an unwed teenager and posted it to her blog. Here's Chapter 1. god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/05/lifes-choices-chapter-1.html

It's full of wooden characters in unlikely situations using implausible dialogue. Enjoy!

I think she has a crush on pretty much any guy. On the Anonymous Antagonist's blog she invites him to come get snowed in with her so they can sit outside drinking hot chocolate. ::sigh::: She also notes this about her senior year in highschool:

"I don't really have a Christmas break...I mean, I just take days off whenever I want to. This year is pretty easy-going in school, so...pretty sweet. ;)"

Does Oregon just have really slack homeschooling laws? I know in NC you have a certain number of days you have to have school.

Because I am a cranky old beeyotch, I just drove by and posted something like "In re the provenance of the lyrics of Ave Maria--Luke 1:28 and 1:42--or isn't that Biblical enough for you?" Bet it never sees the light of day.

Maybe it's a good thing that sisterfriend is all hopped up on virginity and being a SAHD. The way she's gushing hormones from every pore, I bet that, should she spend a split second unchaperoned in the company of a young man, she'd be knocked up instantly.

She probably has no clue that Ave Maria is based on the Bible and has just been told it is an evil Catholic song where they worship Mary. She still hasn't changed Frank Sinatra to Bing Crosby. It is annoying me.

She probably has no clue that Ave Maria is based on the Bible and has just been told it is an evil Catholic song where they worship Mary. She still hasn't changed Frank Sinatra to Bing Crosby. It is annoying me.

She acknowledges it in her comments, though.

I think she has a crush on pretty much any guy. On the Anonymous Antagonist's blog she invites him to come get snowed in with her so they can sit outside drinking hot chocolate. ::sigh::: She also notes this about her senior year in highschool:

"I don't really have a Christmas break...I mean, I just take days off whenever I want to. This year is pretty easy-going in school, so...pretty sweet. ;)"

Does Oregon just have really slack homeschooling laws? I know in NC you have a certain number of days you have to have school.

I don't know about Oregon, but here in Washington I often took very short summer breaks, maybe a few weeks. Then I had more wiggle room during the traditional school year. We also did not take snow days, staff inservice, teache conference days, etc. I did not formally count the days, either. We were way ahead in our curriculum, which was above the children's grade level in years, so I just did not worry about it.

Archived