IGNORED

"Miss" Raquel's Christmas CD review

buddingmedievalist

can be found here: god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-of-michael-bubles-christmas.html

1) She doesn't believe in Santa Claus. Sweetheart, you're, what, 17 or 18? You're a little old for that.

2) She wishes the "Ave Maria" wasn't written to Mary? Then to whom, pray tell?

3) Doing the whole ::nods:: and :P should not replace real writing. If you're resorting to emoticons to get your point across, you need to spend some more time learning to write (not to slam people that use them occasionally. I do too, in moderation. But she uses them in almost every sentence)

I should really stop reading her blog, because I just want to reach through my screen, smack her and tell her to stop being a twit

Edited because it's Santa Claus, not Santa ClausE--apparently finals have eaten my brain

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the angel Gabriel should have talked to someone else? Does she know it's in the Bible?

This. I bet her logic was something as simple as "Oh it's written to Mary so it must be for those evil Catholics who worship her." Idiot.

Though I'm surprised she chose a CD with so much secular music on it. Josh Groban's Christmas CD has more hymns.

I could not understand what is it with fundie Protestants and their dislike of Mary? This tells me that they really really dislike women a lot, especially biblical ones.

I honor the Virgin Mary, the Theotokos, the Queen of Heaven with all my heart and soul. God is my Father and king but Mary is my Heavenly Mother. She is like another incarnation of the Goddess.

I could not understand what is it with fundie Protestants and their dislike of Mary? This tells me that they really really dislike women a lot, especially biblical ones.

I honor the Virgin Mary, the Theotokos, the Queen of Heaven with all my heart and soul. God is my Father and king but Mary is my Heavenly Mother. She is like another incarnation of the Goddess.

You're alright :)

White Christmas (duet with Shania Twain)

Not a huge fan of Shania Twain…and I love this song by Frank Sinatra in the movie ‘White Christmas’. But ::nods:: this one was good. :)

She must not love it too much or she would know it is Bing Crosby.

On the song "All I want for Christmas is you.":

Being the die-hard romantic that I am, every single verse in this song makes me tingle

My dear, you are not a die-hard romantic. You are just an especially silly teen.

Cold December Night

Okay, this was my NUMERO UNO favorite song on this whole album!!! And it’s written by Michael. ;)

‘Each year, I ask for many different things, but now I know what my heart wants you to bring.

So please just fall in love with me this Christmas.

There’s nothing else that I will need this Christmas.

Won’t be wrapped up under a tree…I want this to last forever.

So kiss me on this cold, December night.’

::squeals:: How cute is that!??!

Point number one, it doesn't make you look more intelligent to write random words in Spanish. You do this all the time, it just makes you look like you are trying too hard.

Point number two, like it was said above quit using emoticons to express your feelings. You are supposed to be an authoress. Learn how to write how you feel without resorting to ::squeals:::.

White Christmas (duet with Shania Twain)

Not a huge fan of Shania Twain…and I love this song by Frank Sinatra in the movie ‘White Christmas’. But ::nods:: this one was good. :)

She must not love it too much or she would know it is Bing Crosby.

On the song "All I want for Christmas is you.":

Being the die-hard romantic that I am, every single verse in this song makes me tingle

My dear, you are not a die-hard romantic. You are just an especially silly teen.

Cold December Night

Okay, this was my NUMERO UNO favorite song on this whole album!!! And it’s written by Michael. ;)

‘Each year, I ask for many different things, but now I know what my heart wants you to bring.

So please just fall in love with me this Christmas.

There’s nothing else that I will need this Christmas.

Won’t be wrapped up under a tree…I want this to last forever.

So kiss me on this cold, December night.’

::squeals:: How cute is that!??!

Point number one, it doesn't make you look more intelligent to write random words in Spanish. You do this all the time, it just makes you look like you are trying too hard.

Point number two, like it was said above quit using emoticons to express your feelings. You are supposed to be an authoress. Learn how to write how you feel without resorting to ::squeals:::.

I laughed at that, because I have watched White Christmas numerous times because it is one of my dad's favorite movies. That is fail moment for her and maybe she mistook Bing Crosby for Frank Sinatra, but still it is really funny because she claims to love the movie and song.

This. I bet her logic was something as simple as "Oh it's written to Mary so it must be for those evil Catholics who worship her." Idiot.

Though I'm surprised she chose a CD with so much secular music on it. Josh Groban's Christmas CD has more hymns.

But it's by ::squee:: MICHAEL BUBLE! Who's, like, totes got the best voice EVAR! :D ::nods::

I really want to go post something about the angel Gabriel, but I'm sure she'd dismiss it

I do realize that she is half-Hispanic, but this throwing in random Spanish words is a new thing of hers, it isn't like English is her second language. She is just doing it because she thinks it is :::squee:: so ::cute:: I now :::gag:::

Of course I forgot to copy my comment before I submitted it, but here's the gist of what I wrote. I'll be interested to see if she lets it go through:

"Actually, it was Bing Crosby that sang 'White Christmas' in the film. Frank Sinatra did a version as well, but it was Crosby's that was used in the movie.

And who would the 'Ave Maria' have been written to if not to Mary, considering that it comes, in part, from Scripture. The first part ('Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum') is the Angel Gabriel's greeting to Mary; the second part (Benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui) is what Elizabeth says to Mary. In addition to being a beautiful song, I think it's also seasonally appropriate as a reminder that Christ was born of a woman. Just something to consider"

Well, for a long time it was a serious subject of discussion. Was Jesus really born of Mary--like with blood and ooky gookyness--or did he sort of just waft down the birth canal being all uncontaminated by all that human stuff?

Obviously Miss Raquel's Jesus was such a wafter he didn't need Mary at all.

Well, for a long time it was a serious subject of discussion. Was Jesus really born of Mary--like with blood and ooky gookyness--or did he sort of just waft down the birth canal being all uncontaminated by all that human stuff?

Apparently. I'm Catholic, though, so I definitely believe that it was blood-and-ooky-gookyness kind of birth. I suspect she'd have major issues with my theology, though ;)

Miss Raquel's version of the Christmas story:

Mary sees angel and goes ::squee:: :giggle: :)

Mary sees Joseph to tell him she is pregnant and goes :D ::squee:: just seeing you makes me ::tingle::! I am so romantic! ::sigh::

Jesus magically appears in manger and Mary goes ::awww:: :::squeals:: :P

And then Mary goes and gets Alfonzo the camera to snap pictures of herself posing with the farm animals making duck lips.

According to old-school Catholicism, J-dawg didn't even break Mary's hymen. Or it magically healed up after. I think that idea weakens the story: I thought that the point was that Jesus was born in the humblest possible circumstances, to a poor girl from a crappy town, in a stable with faeces from various species lying around.

Mary sees Joseph to tell him she is pregnant and goes :D ::squee:: just seeing you makes me ::tingle::! I am so romantic! ::sigh::

And then Mary goes and gets Alfonzo the camera to snap pictures of herself posing with the farm animals making duck lips.

Bahahahaha! Brilliant!

That is fail moment for her and maybe she mistook Bing Crosby for Frank Sinatra, but still it is really funny because she claims to love the movie and song.

I know, right? Bing and Frank don't even sound alike. Bing's voice is lower.

Way to go, buddingmedievalist! I was thinking last night of how many other songs, like Ave Maria, would be better if only they were completely different. I would like Gaga's "Poker Face" so much more if it weren't about poker faces. And, honestly, "White Christmas" would be way more awesome if it weren't about white Christmases. I mean, what? If "Ave Maria" weren't about Mary, the song wouldn't exist!

I see Miss Raquel has the whole double ::: ellipses ::: thing down. That makes her review so much more convincing. I think I'd like Miss Raquel's blog more if it wasn't written by Miss Raquel.

You forgot Mary writing emphatic blog entries after crossing each of these things off her *bucket list*

After that, Mary sulks in the corner because it started raining and Joseph was like "Are you daft woman?! I am so not getting drenched dancing out in this mess. Plus who would watch the baby? He may be the son of God, but he has to be cared for by somebody who doesn't have four feet. I should have put you away when I had the chance. This is the last time I listen to an angel that appears in my dreams."

Mary flings herself forlornly onto a pile of hay and goes :( ::cry:: "I am a die-hard romantic! I cannot bear such treatment. ::sob:: This baby is just supposed to be a prop to make me look better in photos. ::teary eyes::"

Hey, isn't Miss Raquel the one with the horse?

Srta. (see, I can do it too!) might want to tell the world how long it's been since she herself has been in a stable. Is your horse okay? Properly fed? Poop picked up? Clean water available? Does he have any scratches or galls? How do you know? Has he exercised recently? On a regular basis? Are you tired of him yet or have you actually grown up into your responsibility for a living being that now depends on you for everything?

After that, Mary sulks in the corner because it started raining and Joseph was like "Are you daft woman?! I am so not getting drenched dancing out in this mess. Plus who would watch the baby?

LOL.

Mary cheers up once the wise men arrive with gold, frankincense, and myrrh: excellent accessories for her upcoming Modesty Fashion Week.

Archived