IGNORED

Fundies and makeup

AnnoDomini

I didn't start wearing makeup on a daily basis until I was in my 30s. Makeup, if it's done right, need not feel heavy. You need to do the right skin care and use the right formulations of makeup, it should just feel like clean moisturized skin. To prevent mascara smudges, use waterproof mascara and then gently run a tissue across the tips of the lashes and/or use a lash comb to separate the lashes and remove any clumps. I get what Spider Burps says about not liking stuff on the lips, but balm, gloss or lipstick feels better to me than chapped lips. Lip stains are pretty weightless if you want color with no goop.

I do not color my hair which is mostly gray, but my husband does. I find that rather funny. I'm 4'11" and wear mostly flats. It's hard for me to find heels that fit. Besides, heels wouldn't make me look tall, they'd just make me look less short. (Makeup maven Bobbi Brown came to this same conclusion, btw.) I would love to have a pair of Manolos, though.

Men do have a way to change the look of their faces quite naturally; they can grow a beard or mustache to enhance their faces or to cover things up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am five-foot-three and I will only wear flats 99.9% of the time. Whoever made up the myth that heels elongate the leg and make you look taller is ridiculous. Double for the myth that they make those with extra weight look thinner. In my experience, they just draw the eye to calves, which are looking overly-muscular as they strain to keep you upright. Additionally, it's not uncommon for women to have leg and foot pain when they stop wearing heels and switch to something flat, because the heels allowed the tendon at the back of their legs to shorten.

Archived