IGNORED

Interesting FB post from the McDonald's

Karsaroni

And by McDonald's I mean James. The father. He wrote:

James McDonald

"What good is a 200 year plan for your family if you set up so many extra-biblical hurdles for potential suitors that your children never get married?"

Seems like some in the QF/Fundie world are a little cynical about some of the VF royalty and their views on marriage. Or lack there of. This isn't the 1st time James in particular has made a FB comment on this topic and referring to VF in a negative light. I know he's mentioned before his disapproval of all the young men in their churches running off to San Antonio (VF headquarters) to "play" and not sticking around to marry the eligible ladies left without a man in site. :lol:

He further comments (when questioned by FB friends about specifics):

James McDonald

"Extra biblical: income level, social status, skin color, debt level, paid off house or car, experiences before salvation, college degree, or not - so many more.

All of these are issues that should be discussed, but when we set up thresholds, we see 30 and 40 year old single adults ready for marriage, but Prince Charming or Cinderella never seem to come."

James McDonald

" Jason: my comment is not new. I've said it many times. And the reference to a 200 year plan is that it is what many in my circles want to put together, and yet, many in my circles set up great hurdles. I see it every time I go to a like-minded conference, family camps, and some church gatherings. It is so sad."

James McDonald

"Stephen - I didn't say debt wasn't an issue, what I said is that it is often used as an extra-biblical road block. For the two sons in law I have, I asked each of them about thier debt. One had some, and it was debt he had acquired for a foolish reason. He was repentant and had a plan to pay it off. I trusted him. He married my daughter. I now have a grandchild from that marriage, and a godly son-in-law."

Interesting! I guess since he has successfully married off 2 daughters he can voice his opinion. I must say, I do love it when there is turmoil within the VF/Fundie world though! Makes me giggle! :P

Things have been tense between the McDonalds and the Phillipses since the 2008 election. Doug backed his daddy's Constitution Party, as usual, but James McDonald, who is very active in the anti-abortion movement, endorsed McCain/Palin. McDonald even went so far as to state outright in his blog posts that a vote for a third party was a "wasted vote" that would result in more abortions. Stacy was so upset at being in the middle of all this that she didn't blog for months, and when she finally did she was obviously still depressed and disillusioned.

Interestingly, "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God" is no longer for sale on the VF website, but "Raising Maidens of Virtue" is.

Another update:

James McDonald Oh, another extra-biblical requirement - excluding those who were formally married or who may even have children. Pondering that as I consider Joseph marrying Mary.

James seems fairly rational for a fundie. I'm sure it also has to do with he and Stacy having been married before. Although, I highly doubt he'll be marrying off his other daughters to some older divorced guy with 4 kids.

I don't know that James is rational; he still says & believes a lot of awful things. Perhaps, though, the blinkers have been removed regarding VF, Doug Phillips, etc. There may also be some plain old-fashioned jealousy & rivalry going on between these two "ministries." I wonder how Stacy's co-author, Mrs. Jennie Chancey, feels about their tome being removed from VF's inventory list.

Re: Mrs. Chancey. She apparently just had child #10 this fall. Interesting that Dougie didn't trumpet the news from his blog. Except for the LAF website & its drivel, the Chanceys seem to be leading a lower profile life.

I don't know that James is rational; he still says & believes a lot of awful things. Perhaps, though, the blinkers have been removed regarding VF, Doug Phillips, etc. There may also be some plain old-fashioned jealousy & rivalry going on between these two "ministries." I wonder how Stacy's co-author, Mrs. Jennie Chancey, feels about their tome being removed from VF's inventory list.

Re: Mrs. Chancey. She apparently just had child #10 this fall. Interesting that Dougie didn't trumpet the news from his blog. Except for the LAF website & its drivel, the Chanceys seem to be leading a lower profile life.

I guess I meant "rational" in a practical sense. Dougie and Co seem to have a more "Peter Pan" view of their lifestyle and seem to be in denial that marriages aren't happening in their group. Or at least not enough to fulfill this "200 year" vision. James seems to be one of the few questioning things. I definitely DON'T consider their line of thinking rational in a normal people way though. :D

**Oh and did you know that the Chancey's named their new baby girl Hero!?!?! God awful name!

The 200 year plan is so fucking vain and presumptuous. How the fuck do you know what's going to happen in the next 200 years?

**Oh and did you know that the Chancey's named their new baby girl Hero!?!?! God awful name!

Really?!! Where did you see this? God awful is right!

The 200 year plan is so fucking vain and presumptuous. How the fuck do you know what's going to happen in the next 200 years?

Yup. And I guess it doesn't occur to them that future generations might have their own ideas about how to live. I can't stand it when these fundies try to run their own kids' lives, much less people they won't ever meet.

Yup. And I guess it doesn't occur to them that future generations might have their own ideas about how to live. I can't stand it when these fundies try to run their own kids' lives, much less people they won't ever meet.

Srsly. These people are such huge control freaks that they think they'll be calling the shots from beyond the grave. They're nutz.

And I' not surprised that divorced and remarried James McDonald (married to divorced Stacy) is advocating for loosened restrictions on the courtship crap. Seems a little self-serving. . .

Really?!! Where did you see this? God awful is right!

Her FB profile pic is of her and the baby and she mentions it in the picture's comments. Gotta love FB! The baby's name actually offends me. Who names their child "Hero"!?! There are few people on this earth that likely deserve to be called a hero and to name a child that is in my opinion a slap in the face to those people. I'm waiting for one of these fundies to name their child Jesus.

Considering the VF emphasis on gender distinction, I'm flat-out amazed that she chose Hero and not Heroine (course it might sound too much like heroin...).

Guest Anonymous
Considering the VF emphasis on gender distinction, I'm flat-out amazed that she chose Hero and not Heroine (course it might sound too much like heroin...).

Not to mention HERA, the queen of the Greek goddesses.

James McDonald

"Stephen - I didn't say debt wasn't an issue, what I said is that it is often used as an extra-biblical road block. For the two sons in law I have, I asked each of them about thier debt. One had some, and it was debt he had acquired for a foolish reason. He was repentant and had a plan to pay it off. I trusted him. He married my daughter. I now have a grandchild from that marriage, and a godly son-in-law."

OOOH, was it Ben? Did he spend it all on costumes??? ;) Kidding, but I bet it was Ben. I'm curious what it was.

All kidding aside, I have to agree with him on this (gack!). Having 30 year old stay at home daughters is ridiculous. And debt? Not every potential suitor will have a paid off house that was lovingly hand built (like The Fetus Taylor Tsantles, didn't he do this?). I guarantee you Tiffany and Ben have a mortgage. No biggie.

How old is the oldest Seppi daughter, Regina? Looks like she's courting.

Seppi Family Well, the man courting me is 14 years older, is divorced with a daughter and has sizable debt. He is also a man who my dad has respected for 20 years, is an elder in his reformed congregation and truly exemplifies the fruit of the Spirit. He has also agreed to a covenant with my parents. ~Regina

What is Jennie Chancey's FB name or is that info on her business's FB page?

Shakespearean, though, on the plus side. :) A main female character in Much Ado About Nothing!

There's friction between Doug and James because James takes kinists into his church, and they hate Phillips for giving $ to RC Sproul JR so he could adopt a baby who turned out to be black.

I don't know why else James has trouble with Doug. It's apparently been an ongoing thing.

There's friction between Doug and James because James takes kinists into his church, and they hate Phillips for giving $ to RC Sproul JR so he could adopt a baby who turned out to be black.

I don't know why else James has trouble with Doug. It's apparently been an ongoing thing.

Aren't the McDonald's and the Sproul's close though? I think James' oldest SAHD, Melissa, went and stayed with the Sproul's last year to help out if I'm not mistaken. And I think he quotes Sproul frequently in his FB posts. Including this particular one.

To me it seems as if James' main beef with Phillips is in part what this whole FB thread was about. VF sort of encourages this Errol Flynn type behavior in young men and therefore girls of marrying age are left at home with no potential suitors. I guess as a father of mainly daughters he is concerned.

I also get the sense that James isn't too hip to the whole film making arm of VF. I find it interesting that the McDonald's don't go to the VF Film Festival, etc. James seems more serious where Doug is sort of in La La Land.

Either way I'm enjoying the soap opera! :)

Archived