IGNORED

Inconsistency in J-Fetus' Due Date?

graciebeth

I was excited about the gender reveal because that, to me, is when the baby truly became real - it wasn't just "baby," but for me, it was "she." She got a name at that point, too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always love the gender reveal when I'm pregnant, because I like to know who's in there! Earliest I found out was 15 weeks (girl), latest was 19 weeks (boy). For a bit of fun fertility trivia, it's been shown that older fathers tend to have more girls. With them being so delirious about this pregnancy, I can't imagine them not knowing the gender yet.

I would have been SO not shocked if it was twins - Michelle is due for another set, she already has a predisposition to having twins, and older moms have twins more - but Jim Boob showed the kids a u/s pic at the announcement, and there was just one baby. Unless they cleverly cropped one out somehow. But it did look, from the glimpse I saw, like a singleton.

I have high-risk pregnancies, and with #2, I had BPP ultrasounds every second or third day; I would imagine Michelle is undergoing serious monitoring, and would worry if she wasn't. We also yank my kids out as soon as the coast is clear, another thing I seriously hope they do.

My OB is conservative about ultrasounds. No ultrasounds to find the sex.

For Baby #1, there was an early ultrasound but that was it. It was to check the due date.

Baby #2, I was AMA. (2 years later) I had an early ultrasound at a perinatologist around 11 weeks to look for potential problems. No more after that, unless I wanted an amnio. But, if I had had the amnio, they would have told me the sex very early.

I paid money to have a 3D ultrasound with baby #2. It was cool.

I've known a few women who didn't find out the gender when they expected to at 20ish weeks because the baby wouldn't cooperate with showing their parts ( cord in the way, wrong direction, legs crossed, hand in front etc ..) most of them just waited until their next scheduled appointment a month later to find out - although a couple pushed for another ultrasound right away because they just HAD to know.

A co-worker found out the gender of her baby at a 15 or 16 week ultrasound .. apparently it is easier to tell if it is a boy than a girl earlier on.

Wow. Imagine if they lived in the old days when you had to wait until the baby's genitalia pushed out of the vagina before you knew the sex...

*snerk*

I'm not saying finding out is a bad thing, though personally I don't think I'd want to know, and wouldn't trust anything short of a chromosome test anyway. I've heard a few too many stories of the ultrasound being wrong. To each their own! I was thinking of J'Michelle in particular, not anybody here. I still think that should be far from the top of their list of priorities given her history and all. Yikes.

So I hope it's a boy just to piss them off.

Me, too, and I think Jiles (Giles) is the right name so Jinger (which I always think must rhyme with Finger) isn't the only one who must go thru life saying "No, really, it's GINGER, just with a "J" "

Many of you are very young--so 45 seems ancient in childbearing. Back when a woman started having kids at 19 and ended at 25 it was harder to "hide" when you had an unplanned "late" child--you stood out like a sore thumb and everyone asked the poor Mom if she was the grandma. Today, with women having kids in their mid 40s routinely everyone thinks "fertility drugs." I really doubt that with Michelle--"Fertile Myrtle" is an old name for her. So too are jokes about getting pregnant from "drinking out of the same glass." She's fertile--it happens. I know one guy who's mom was 47 and a grandma twice over when he was born. It happens--still.

That said, since Kelly Bates somehow makes a leap of logic that interfering with conception is bad, but interfering to STAY pregnant is just fine, I would not be at all surprised if she takes medicine to try to avoid another super-early birth. I notice, too, she's worked out, lost weight, etc to try to hep with the pre-eclampsia problems ....

Are Jim Bob and some of other kids going to El Salvador? They usually go around this time right? Maybe that is why they are delaying finding out till closer to Christmas.

That's my theory, as well. I figured they have book tours, public appearances, etc. that take precedence over prenatal appointments and are delaying because they cannot fit the scan into their schedule.

My guess is they've already had the u/s to determine the "jender" (love it!), sealed up the results, and will be doing a Very Special Christmas episode just for the reveal. OR maybe JB & M know and will surprise the other kids in the episode.

My guess is they've already had the u/s to determine the "jender" (love it!), sealed up the results, and will be doing a Very Special Christmas episode just for the reveal. OR maybe JB & M know and will surprise the other kids in the episode.

This so much.

Maybe, Idk, a baby reveal party this time?

I totally believe this. I'm sure they already know and the gender announcement will be on a certain, predetermined date. They have to arrange for production staff and all of that anyway so I'm sure it's planned out in advance.

I don't know why anyone would think she used fertility drugs ? Clearly she gets pregnant very easily. The slight extra spacing between Josie and #20 might be due to her ovulating less frequently as she ages - but still, there are plenty of 45 year old women who get pregnant naturally - often though it is a BIG surprise when they are on the verge of an empty nest.

Archived