IGNORED

Inconsistency in J-Fetus' Due Date?

graciebeth

Jim Boob and Mullet claim that their baby is due in late April and they are finding out the sex around Christmas. A friend of mine is due May 25th and just found out last week what the gender is. Are the Duggars lying about the due date in case the baby is premature or just waiting a little longer to find out?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is weird. I had my last baby in late-ish april and found out by T-giving.

Who knows what they're trying to pull but I think a lot of celebs (and I use that word very loosely...) lie about due dates to throw off the press.

Jim Boob and Mullet claim that their baby is due in late April and they are finding out the sex around Christmas. A friend of mine is due May 25th and just found out last week what the gender is. Are the Duggars lying about the due date in case the baby is premature or just waiting a little longer to find out?

I found out with my son at 19 weeks, in November of 2009 and he was due 2 weeks before J'chelle is. (year wise, he's going to be 2 in April)

they probably already found out and just want to wait to reveal it. more press that way.

I found out with my son at 19 weeks, in November of 2009 and he was due 2 weeks before J'chelle is. (year wise, he's going to be 2 in April)

I found out at 19 weeks with my last one too and that was 10 years ago. He was due around mid March and we knew at the beginning of Oct.

Maybe they can't see as well through all the scar tissue. :shifty: :whistle:

How common is it that pregnant women have to wait to find out the sex, because the baby isn't tilted the right way or something? And how long would they have to wait?

Never had that happen to anyone I know, but I've seen them all post terrified statuses on Facebook about it.

they probably already found out and just want to wait to reveal it. more press that way.

This. Why get one episode out of it when you could have a whole series. Actually, make that two series-one for the pregnancy, one for the NICU stage. After that, they'll be bored and do their "J-20 is fine, Aren't we so special blessed" line like they've done with Josie and the poor kid will be dragged off on mission sightseeing trips to areas where ebola and typhoid are rampant.

With a high risk pg like Michelle's, they'll be doing heaps of US. It's not like a standard low-risk pgcy were they'll do one or two and if you can't see the sex at the 18/19 week mark you're just out of luck. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's having USs every appointment.

I've known a few women who didn't find out the gender when they expected to at 20ish weeks because the baby wouldn't cooperate with showing their parts ( cord in the way, wrong direction, legs crossed, hand in front etc ..) most of them just waited until their next scheduled appointment a month later to find out - although a couple pushed for another ultrasound right away because they just HAD to know.

A co-worker found out the gender of her baby at a 15 or 16 week ultrasound .. apparently it is easier to tell if it is a boy than a girl earlier on.

This. Why get one episode out of it when you could have a whole series. Actually, make that two series-one for the pregnancy, one for the NICU stage. After that, they'll be bored and do their "J-20 is fine, Aren't we so special blessed" line like they've done with Josie and the poor kid will be dragged off on mission sightseeing trips to areas where ebola and typhoid are rampant.

With a high risk pg like Michelle's, they'll be doing heaps of US. It's not like a standard low-risk pgcy were they'll do one or two and if you can't see the sex at the 18/19 week mark you're just out of luck. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's having USs every appointment.

With my last pregnancy I was having up to 3 ultra sounds a week with bi-weekly peri appts. And that was just during the first trimester. By the time I was as far along as Michelle I was going to the doctor as often as 5 times weekly if not daily. I wouldn't be surprised is Michelle was having to do the same and would be worried if she wasn't.

We could not tell with my oldest, but that was okay because the father didn't want to know the gender. They did a few u/s in the last few weeks of the pregnancy, and at that point it was obvious.

I found out with my youngest, born a year ago, when I was about 16-18 weeks. It was also when I found out I was pregnant... weird situation. I had a hard stomach and the doctor did an ultrasound because I was having problems that made it "impossible" to get pregnant and I was also on birth control. He said, "It's a baby b--wait, do you want to know the gender?" And I was like, "What? Yes! What?" The volume was off, so I 'realized' that there was no heartbeat and started crying, at which point the doctor turned up the volume and told me it was a LIVE baby boy.

My point is that the Duggars surely already know the gender.

How common is it that pregnant women have to wait to find out the sex, because the baby isn't tilted the right way or something? And how long would they have to wait?

Never had that happen to anyone I know, but I've seen them all post terrified statuses on Facebook about it.

My friend didn't find out she was getting a sister until the kid was born! If you are low risk in England you only get two scans, at 12 and 20 weeks. Baby spent the whole of the second scan with her legs crossed, so the sex was a mystery! Luckily there were both older boys and girls so hand-me-downs weren't an issue.

One of the fundie blogs just had an ultrasound photo that indicated a boy but the baby was a girl. The family was happy because they had 8 or 9 boys already. I don't remember whose blog.

A co-worker was told a girl and had a boy.

An amniocentesis is 100% accurate, an ultrasound 95%.

One of the fundie blogs just had an ultrasound photo that indicated a boy but the baby was a girl. The family was happy because they had 8 or 9 boys already. I don't remember whose blog.

A co-worker was told a girl and had a boy.

An amniocentesis is 100% accurate, an ultrasound 95%.

I think it's way more likely to be told girl and get boy than the other way around. With a boy, you're looking for a little something, whereas with a girl you are only trying to see that there isn't something. If it's at the wrong angle or tucked between the legs I can imagine it would be missed.

Still, not as bad as when I was born: the umbilical cord was between my legs and the midwife said 'and you've got a lovely little boy... oh I mean girl". My mother was rather worried until she was able to check for herself!

So, who wants to bet on how they'll do the announcement of the baby's sex? For Michael it was sky-writing, I forget what it was for Josie and Mackynzie. It seems like it always has to be something "creative".

I would think that they'd be finding out about now. My boss is high-risk and about a month ahead of Michelle (due at the end of March), and she found out what she was having a month ago yesterday.

I think it's way more likely to be told girl and get boy than the other way around. With a boy, you're looking for a little something, whereas with a girl you are only trying to see that there isn't something. If it's at the wrong angle or tucked between the legs I can imagine it would be missed.

Still, not as bad as when I was born: the umbilical cord was between my legs and the midwife said 'and you've got a lovely little boy... oh I mean girl". My mother was rather worried until she was able to check for herself!

Sometimes in girls the clitoris gets quite enlarged from the high estrogen level and looks like a penis. That's what I've been told anyway.

A co-worker found out the gender of her baby at a 15 or 16 week ultrasound .. apparently it is easier to tell if it is a boy than a girl earlier on.

perhaps because the baby is slightly smaller and therefore not all squished up with their legs possibly crossed or their hands in the way, etc?

So, who wants to bet on how they'll do the announcement of the baby's sex? For Michael it was sky-writing, I forget what it was for Josie and Mackynzie. It seems like it always has to be something "creative".

For Josie it was just Boob and Mullet telling the kids via video from the hospital and I think Mack is when they did the cake on the today show but i could be wrong.

For Josie it was just Boob and Mullet telling the kids via video from the hospital and I think Mack is when they did the cake on the today show but i could be wrong.

yeah, mack was the cake on the today show, i don't remember josie's announcement, though.

Thanks for the info. My sister is due May 25 and we were thinking she wouldn't be able to find out until next month. I'll ask if she has an appointment the next time we talk - she said I could come. (I think it's a girl and have since before I knew she was pregnant.)

:animals-bunny:

/threadjack

I agree the Duggars are not being completely honest about anything, let alone this pregnancy.

With Josie they announced it over the iPhone and then it cut to a clip of all the kids gathered 'round, cheering.

They have 10 boys and 9 girls. I hope #20 is a girl so they will be even, the contest will be over, and Michelle can heal and maybe focus on her kids... err, scratch that last one. That'll never happen.

I suspect 20 is a boy.When asked the question about room he mentioned space in the boys room and he kept saying he when talking about the baby.

I totally expect that she's having another pair of twins, and that's why they aren't revealing the gender.

They will only reveal the gender during A Very Special Episode, likely several episodes before the baby's due date. They didn't get a chance to have one with Josie, the poor baby come so early.

Mac got a cake on the Today Show; Michael skywriters (!). No doubt Ma and Pa Duggar are scheming of ways to top them.

Archived