IGNORED

Be a Man with Your Sword

onlyorganic

I would just love to see them cross swords with people who actually know how to use them. My local SCA chapter's rapier mistress is, by her own admission, creaky and middle-aged. But all she has to do is take the safety point off her rapier and sharpen the sides a bit and she can drive the thing right through a hanging half-carcass of pork.

Which brings up another question: Are those really combat-ready swords, or are they cast-metal wall-hangers?

According to this visionforum.com/browse/product/high-impact-medieval-long-sword-set/#1

They are made from polyethylene.

Am I the only one who reads the thread title and immediately starts humming this:

eGMN-gNfdaY

I love that movie!!!11!eleventy! Now I want to go watch it and relive it with my kids lol.

Would Dougie be upset that my 3rd son wanted and got a Mulan backpack instead of a "manly" one? I mean Mulan rocked!

Would Dougie be upset that my 3rd son wanted and got a Mulan backpack instead of a "manly" one? I mean Mulan rocked!

He'd be horrified. Both by Mulan and your son's choice. But the kid is right. Mulan is AWESOME. And one of the few Disney females that is really a decent example for young girls -- You, too, can go forth, do things usually reserved for boys, be awesome, and get the guy by action, rather than just being pretty.

He'd be horrified. Both by Mulan and your son's choice. But the kid is right. Mulan is AWESOME. And one of the few Disney females that is really a decent example for young girls -- You, too, can go forth, do things usually reserved for boys, be awesome, and get the guy by action, rather than just being pretty.

True although the lyrics of "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" are pretty sexist. But whatevs. I love that song and Mulan is the only Disney movie I can stand.

My fundie brother-in-law had his groomsmen (including my husband) carry swords in his wedding procession, and then gave the swords to them as groomsmen gifts (my husband left his there, with the polite excuse that he couldn't take it home on the plane). It killed me. And then I felt bad wondering if I was the only one there with a dirty mind. I still snicker when I see the pictures.

For me, or the pen? :lol:

bwahahaha! WIN all around. Err, except for Doug and his boy-warriors. Though come to think of it that may be a win for their, um, swords. :blush: I mean, suddenly it sounds like they're getting way more handling and seeing far more action than usual.

According to this visionforum.com/browse/product/high-impact-medieval-long-sword-set/#1

They are made from polyethylene.

In other words, plastic.

My daughters play with plastic swords too. Are they going to grow penises?

In other words, plastic.

My daughters play with plastic swords too. Are they going to grow penises?

My experience says "no". I played with plastic swords and no penis. Hell I spent every night for two years begging God for him to turn me into a boy and still nothing. So two fundy fables busted, swords don't make you a man and God won't give you what you need/want just because you pray hard enough.

You know, there was a tribe of women warriors from Ancient Greece, they were the Amazons. Strong warrior women skilled in archery and swordsmanship, they could castrate a man, or cut off his legs. Don't want to mess with these women.

Even in the Viking days, there were the Shield-Maidens.

Not to mention in West Africa, the women soldiers of the Ashanti kingdom, and the women's army of the Fon who defeated the French army several times.

Today, Capt. Dougie posted on his blog (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug) an excellent idea for helpmeets looking for the perfect gift for "hubbies and daughters": a reservation for the 2012 Father Daughter Retreat. This one is extra special, as it appears Capt. Dougie and his band of merry interns have figured out time travel, allowing you to go back to the most awesome 2011 festivities!

xood2v.jpg

Attention to details interns, attention to details.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Archived