IGNORED

Entertaining Maxwell factoid...

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

Someone on another thread mentioned the Maxwell family almost living in a compound, so I started googling to try to work out where they all live in relation to each other.... and I came across this: it looks like naughty Nathan Maxwell is something of an amateur radio ham.....

(Personal information removed by Alecto)

I wonder what sort of people he communicates with... can amateur radio be used for evangelism purposes, or does our Nate have FUN in secret, when Daddy's not around.....? :P

Edit: Hmm, Chris is in on the act too...

(Personal information removed by Alecto)

I am a HAM radio operator, as are two other generations of my family. It's considered a very manly hobby, and is really big with folks into disaster preparation. It can't be used to evangelizing, however short range radios are awesome for doing logistics like car trips.

My late brother was a ham and I always wanted to be one. I think his rig is still around.

Steven Loomis is a ham, too. I bet the guys talk. ;)

Guest Anonymous

Alecto, thanks for editing my post - I'm sorry, I thought publicly available info was allowed - whoops, I don't want to get us into trouble, honestly! :oops:

Alecto, thanks for editing my post - I'm sorry, I thought publicly available info was allowed - whoops, I don't want to get us into trouble, honestly! :oops:

We generally allow stuff that is posted in actively public settings - ie someone posts it to their blog, or it's in a news article, but we don't allow information from databases or things like real estate lookups where someone has to actively search for it.

I wonder how accurate the information is, since I know for a fact that one of the licensees named on that site has been dead for six years.

Guest Anonymous
I wonder how accurate the information is, since I know for a fact that one of the licensees named on that site has been dead for six years.

Well, I guess that any database could be out of date if a member becomes deceased.

What do you think may be inaccurate about Christopher and Nathan's entries? We know they are both alive and living at those addresses. Do you think someone may have registered them in error? :P

Archived