IGNORED

Ray Comfort Defends Bad Spelling

debrand

If there is one fundie "public figure" that really irritates me it's "Mr. Banana", Ray Comfort. Kirk Cameron (how did I ever have a crush on Mike Seaver when in grade 6, I'll never know!) and Comfort's clips on youtube are so sanctimonious it makes my skin crawl (and Kirk's wife Chelsea is one of the worst acresses, ever!).

I read an article on Cameron's conversion to christianity and how he became such an a-hole to his fellow actors on the set of "Growing Pains" during the last 2 or 3 yrs of the show; he got the actress who played his g-friend "Julie" (the blonde girl) fired because she posed for Playboy. She still hasn't forgiven him 20+ yrs after the fact (sorry for going a bit off topic, but I thought that was an interesting factoid.)

Giving fake $100 bills-tracts to strangers, accosting people on the street trying to pawn Creationism or anti-choice propaganda...Urgh!

College kids not knowing who Hitler was? Come on.

Is that guy an Aussie? I'd deport him, lol!

He is from New Zealand and I doubt that they want him back.

Comfort responded, "Whether the learned professor likes it or not, the English language is evolving and some of us old fossils need to evolve with it. Texting is changing the way we spell. I'm delighted that I was able to catch the wave of social media, a wave it seems Mr. Dawkins missed."

Hey Comfort, that explanation only works when the alternative spelling you use is an accepted variation of the correct spelling. Like thru instead of through.

ETA: Because I spelled something wrong and I am going to own up to it. I suck at spelling, I don't hide behind some excuse about "changing language" to justify it, I just admit it, fix what I can and move on.

i know i wouldn't want him back! i wouldn't even want to send him to antartica because then he'd bother the sweet little penguins. maybe the arctic, so a polar bear could chew his own banana off. or head off. whichever. *shrug*

I know, lol! I know that if that tool was from my country I wouldn't want him back either!

Archived