IGNORED

Okay, this is pretty cute even though I can't stand Lyndsie.

WonderingInWA

OK, I'm definitely not a Lyndsie fan BUT she wears southern beauty queen makeup AND she's still in the midst of a potentially fatal disease. If I had her medical history at her age, I don't know that I'd be doing as well as she is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Lyndsie admitted once on her blog that she still had cancer cells in her abdomen. I agree with gustava, she is doing well despite what she has been through.

OK, I'm definitely not a Lyndsie fan BUT she wears southern beauty queen makeup AND she's still in the midst of a potentially fatal disease. If I had her medical history at her age, I don't know that I'd be doing as well as she is.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing the connect between her makeup and her illness. IMO, her health doesn't change the fact that her makeup borders on Uncanny Valley.

We are all wondering how it could ever be so perfect. She stopped blogging (or made her blog private), so nobody knows. This transition to motherhood must have been incredibly challenging for her -- getting a baby that was already probably 4 months old, getting a BOY (she wanted a girl), having to figure out how to be a parent (although she is the oldest of 9 so she probably does have some instincts). Giving up her beauty routine (and I use the word "beauty" quite lightly) has probably been quite a reality check for her. I wonder who takes care of her son while she is spending hours on the makeup and hair and shopping for clothes? Sigh. Such a silly girl. I just hope she's being a good mother and not relying on other people to raise her kid because of her narcissism. She thought everyone should fund her adoption. I hope she's learned something about self-sacrifice, but I wouldn't count on it.

That baby in the photo is a boy? I thought it was a girl.

a) I also thought he looked like a she

b) I don't see anything wrong with his eyes

c) Lyndsie looks good (for Lyndsie)

*gasp* CALL TEH WALRUS...WE HAZ FOUND HIS BUKKIT...

Good lord, I hate pictures like this. Babies are not accessories, nor are they props to make your family photos look cuter. Stop putting them in buckets, baskets, flower pots, AND EVERYTHING ELSE THEY DON'T FUCKING BELONG IN.

Good lord, I hate pictures like this. Babies are not accessories, nor are they props to make your family photos look cuter. Stop putting them in buckets, baskets, flower pots, AND EVERYTHING ELSE THEY DON'T FUCKING BELONG IN.

yus, bukkits belong to teh walruses

Despite her looks and everything else, Lyndsie made it through a really rough time. I'm 23 and I can't wait to have a baby and thinking about her cancer makes me shiver. She was so young and it must have been devastating. Its great that she somehow made it through and that her husband (gay or not) stayed with her.

There is something so weird about every picture of L&D--yes, aside from the makeup and teh gheyness of Daniel. I think it's that they seem to have more awareness of the camera than of each other... or in this case, the baby. The poor baby looks like a prop in every photo I've seen of him. Maybe it's because their photos are all so posed. There isn't even an attempt to create an illusion of candidness.

The smile never reaches Daniel's eyes either. Sometimes he looks pained. Maybe he's tired of getting his picture taken every time he breathes?

I, too, like a PP, think the baby looks like a girl (if I didn't know better). There's something about the outfit that doesn't look boyish to me. Can't put my finger on it.

I, too, like a PP, think the baby looks like a girl (if I didn't know better). There's something about the outfit that doesn't look boyish to me. Can't put my finger on it.

She dresses him in jon jon's. Those actually ARE for little boys, but they've fallen out of the mainstream. They were named after little John Kennedy Jr was seen wearing them. The only mom's I know that still buy them are somewhat wealthy and trendy. I can easily see Lindsay finding some at a thrift store, since they were popular so many years ago. Regardless, the short rompers are for summer weather and I think it looks out of place in an obviously fall/winter photoshoot.

I do see the point about the eyes. He has some of the characteristics of FAS. The eyes, the flat upper lip and lip area. I don't know if it was ever proved, but Britney Spears' youngest boy had the same look. I'm not saying he has FAS, not at all. I think he's a beautiful baby. He was a cute little chunky monkey in those first pictures and now I can tell that he's slowly losing the baby fat (probably from crawling and being more mobile) and becoming more of a toddler. If he does have FAS, kudos to her. Despite what I think of her, I think she'd be 100% involved in any therapies or extra help he needed (unlike Jichelle and Josie).

ah, ok. wow that's scary, especially that young!

and, lilwriter, she still has cancerous cells in her abdomen?? :?

She mentioned the cancer cells on her blog and on the old FJ, DocSharon said that still having cancer cells isn't too good. Lyndsie still hasn't hit the five year mark for being cancer free, I'm a bit concerned for her. She is spoiled and has an entitled attitude, but I still feel for her.

She is a mom of 5 kids and her daughters wear shorts and her husband sometimes takes walks without a shirt.

He WHAT?! Is that a Southern thing? That would be a very odd thing to see where I live: a guy just taking a stroll without a shirt. I'm giggling just thinking about it. :lol:

Holy lord, how I hate that. Some guys tend to do that in the summer, when it's really hot, right in the city center where all the shops are here.

Tasteless doesn't even begin to cover it.

He WHAT?! Is that a Southern thing? That would be a very odd thing to see where I live: a guy just taking a stroll without a shirt. I'm giggling just thinking about it. :lol:

The family I'm talking about is a black fundie lite family that now lives in Texas before they lived in Pennsylvania. Here is a link to their blog. In one of their blog postings from July there is a pic of the husband and the kids at a park and the husband is shirtless. I also think there was another pic of him without shirt. This family sort of reminds me of Lyndsie, Daniel, and their families. This family has been discussed on FJ before. I like this family, the wife is very creative and talented.

pleasantboundaries.blogspot.com/

In the city I live in, I have sometimes seen men running or walking shirtless in parks. In southern Cali, when I used to visit relatives and friends in Orange County and L.A. I would see shirtless guys running near the beaches and parks a lot.

In the city I live in, I have sometimes seen men running or walking shirtless in parks. In southern Cali, when I used to visit relatives and friends in Orange County and L.A. I would see shirtless guys running near the beaches and parks a lot.

It's common here in MN too, not so much this time of year :lol: but when summer comes in July it is.

I live in Colorado, and I have definitely occasionally seen men running or playing football in the park shirtless on really hot summer days, but for some reason the idea of a dude just walking down the street without a shirt I find hilarious.

I love Jon-Jons! (Or commonly called shortalls too.) But they are hella expensive, especially the ones that are smocked. Sometimes you can find them on ebay, but they will still run about $30 a pop. Which is a lot, considering how fast they grow and how quickly they will spit up and ruin them. Carters has shortalls that are adorable and affordable.

And I can't say anything about her kid having a lot of Polo attire. My kids have a lot of it -- but I buy it at TJMaxx and some of it is cheaper than Wal-Mart.

She makes me mad that she was willing to put their (L&D) lives on public display for people to donate to their cause, but the minute they got what they wanted, they shut down without so much as a thank you or a kiss my ass.

I love Jon-Jons! (Or commonly called shortalls too.) But they are hella expensive, especially the ones that are smocked. Sometimes you can find them on ebay, but they will still run about $30 a pop. Which is a lot, considering how fast they grow and how quickly they will spit up and ruin them. Carters has shortalls that are adorable and affordable.

And I can't say anything about her kid having a lot of Polo attire. My kids have a lot of it -- but I buy it at TJMaxx and some of it is cheaper than Wal-Mart.

She makes me mad that she was willing to put their (L&D) lives on public display for people to donate to their cause, but the minute they got what they wanted, they shut down without so much as a thank you or a kiss my ass.

My theory on the blog shut down is that Lyndsie shut the blog down because the birth mom from her disrupted adoption was communicating on the old FJ with us. The birth mom talked about the contact she had with Lyndsie and Daniel when she was considering them as parents for her baby and she also mentioned Ethan's adoption before Lyndsie ever announced it herself on Facebook. On that "hoping to adopt" or the "a love worth waiting for FB", Lyndsie said that she closed the blog down because crazy stuff was happening with bloggers. Lyndsie's blog is set to invited readers right now. Maybe she did thank the people who donated to her on that blog. Recently on her FB days of thanks thing, she never mentioned the donors to the donation fund at all.

The thing that made me mad about Lyndsie is that she refused to work part time to contribute to the adoption and when people questioned her about it, she had different excuses on the blog. The first excuse was that her reason for not working was private and during another Q&A blog, she said that when she married Daniel she no longer desired a career.

Archived