IGNORED

Okay, this is pretty cute even though I can't stand Lyndsie.

WonderingInWA

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh

she looks as photoshopped,

I am impressed with the amount of makeup needed to look as if you have been airbrushed

but I would not have the time for any of it

she appears to have more teeth than red rum

and that smile does not reach her eyes in any picture

baby is lovely though, pudgy cute and baffled

Those pictures with the baby are clearly professional/posed pictures, so I can understand her looking really nice and having lots of makeup for them. It is true that she usually looks like that anyway, haha. I think she looks like Katherine Heigl.

Sometimes I feel like Daniel looks like that because Lindsay dresses him. Or else they got together because they are both aspiring preppie fashionistas?

I think that photoshoot is funny because it looks like "Oh, look! We just found this baby in a bucket!"

"Oh, look! We just found this baby in a bucket!"

*gasp* CALL TEH WALRUS...WE HAZ FOUND HIS BUKKIT...

I actually think her eyes look like mom eyes now. She looks different, still too much make up and perfect smile,but the forced desperation of "must be perfect" seems toned down and dare I say she looks almost relaxed? :whistle:

Whenever someone looks like this in a picture here, people tell them they look "SO American". :)

I don't know, I like the "perfected" look.

Count me in on those who get gay vibes from him.

Same here. Super bright white teeth, heavy makeup, really posing for the camera, BIG grin = very American. These two really personify the stereotype US citizens to me.

I am glad that I read here where there are Americans of all kinds when it comes to lifestyle, religion, sexuality and style - I needed that!

When I see her I think toddlers & tiaras (where absolutely nothing is real), or some sort of southern festival beauty pagent - miss corn festival, miss catfish, ect.

I have to say I think she looks more real and happy. And the baby is adorable

I agree. These are the first pics that in which I think Lyndsie looks more real. I think she looks pretty in these pics despite the makeup. Daniel looks ok in these pictures and the baby is very cute.

Same here. Super bright white teeth, heavy makeup, really posing for the camera, BIG grin = very American. These two really personify the stereotype US citizens to me.

I am glad that I read here where there are Americans of all kinds when it comes to lifestyle, religion, sexuality and style - I needed that!

That is exactly what I needed, too!

They really can't be too fundy, given her Mary Kay "job", her appearant wish to draw attention to herself ,the brand name clothes, the tons of make-up, and the very un-fundy style of clothing she's wearing (pants, short skirts, shorts). All the bridesmaids wore sleeveless dresses, too.

I agree about the haircut. She could very well still wear this haircut with 50 or 60.She needs something younger. How old are they anyway?

Lyndsie and Daniel are good examples of fundie lite. They grew up in homeschooling families, but their parents weren't extremely strict and they don't push modesty that much. I used to read Daniel's sister in law's blog, the SIL and Daniel's brother were just an older version of Lyndsie and Daniel. In pics of friends and family that Lyndsie used to post, the friends and relatives also wore brand name clothing and I remember Lyndsie's friends wearing shorts too. I know a couple of fundie lite families that are ok with women wearing pants, women sometimes working, wearing brand name clothes etc. Another fundie lite blogger example is the Pleasant Boundaries blogger. She is a mom of 5 kids and her daughters wear shorts and her husband sometimes takes walks without a shirt.

Lyndsie is 24 and Daniel is 26. I think Lyndsie sometimes looks at least 10 years older than her age. She is pretty but needs to lay off the makeup a little.

I wonder if she ever kisses him or if it's too much trouble to mess up ALL. THAT. LIPSTICK.

I've often wondered how she goes through daily life with all the lipstick. Does she wipe it off before she kisses her husband? Does she never kiss her husband? What's the lipstick budget in her home?

She probably does kiss her husband and reapplies lipstick after the kisses. Lyndsie is selling Mary Kay now, so she probably gets a bit of a discount on her makeup supply.

Wow, I thought they both were like 10 years older!!!

They're fairly young to adopt....or so I feel.

Daniel and Lyndsie pretty much lucked out with this adoption. They married when they were 22 and 24 and a year later they started pursuing adoption and they had one disrupted adoption before adopting this boy.

I think Lyndsie is a bit immature, but hopefully she is wising up now. When she had here blog set to public, it was sometimes hard to read her blog because she and Daniel were immature and ill prepared for the adoption process. They didn't even have a $1,000 for a homestudy when they started and that lead to the adoption donation fund. Before the adoption of this little boy happened, Lyndsie and Daniel just had a lawyer representing them and they had profiles on adoption sites. Lyndsie said on the blog that they were planning to contact adoption agencies if they didn't a private adoption didn't happen before the summer of 2011. I think if they had gone to adoption agencies, they would have been rejected by some agencies because of their ages and also because they haven't been married for five years. Lyndsie's medical history would have caused rejection from agencies.

Foreseeing a handslapping in my future, but doesn't something look off about the baby's eyes??

Other than that, L&D's permabeams and entire-counter-of-makeup-applied-to-face still bug.

She's my age and we both have a young child. I thought she was at least 5 years older than me based on those pics - and we just got pro pics done of our family too, thank GOODNESS I still look my age! Girl needs to lay off the makeup!

Jessica, that is it exactly. I couldn't pinpoint it. Honestly that circa 2004 highlighted hair and heavy makeup dates her a lot. I don't even think it's that she looks THAT old, it's that she's not really in style.

Every time I see a picture of her, I want to hand her a washcloth and tell her "Go wash your face, dearie."

I want to know what's up with his left hand. He's either forgotten he's not holding a joint OR he's rolling a booger around between his thumb and finger.

Foreseeing a handslapping in my future, but doesn't something look off about the baby's eyes??

He looks like he might be slightly cross-eyed.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=180613445304249&set=a.180607498638177.40513.167649463267314&type=3

Found a more natural one.

Looking through these, I need some tan. Now. :violin:

She looks like a completely different person to me. I look like me with or without make up, she doesn't.

Archived