IGNORED

Mods, move this if need be.

noni alabaster

Noni, you're totally not alone - like I said, as my friends get up into their 40s *more* of them are having accidental pregnancies than when we were all 20. If you got a positive test, you've got to assume you're pregnant and not just perimenopausal.

If you're not near a planned parenthood, your county may have a sliding-scale clinic that's not PP - most states have free prenatal care, and if you decide not to take it to term & can't afford an abortion there are abortion funds (though sorry to say, they often run out of money by this time of year.)

if you're in the u.s., you can usually get medicaid when you're pregnant, if you need it. the caseworker i talked to in akron last monday basically offered me that option so i could get insurance. of course i said no thank you, but it may be something for you to look into.

Again, thanks for the advice and interwebZ hugs. Sorry to dump, and, again, I am not a troll. Just a scared and lonely person, with a husband who will not really talk about this.

This forum seems full of intelligent people from diverse backgrounds, and I thought it might be a good place to ask about this.

I think I made the right decision in doing so, even though I have received some harsh responses.

I have to go to the hospital Monday for paperwork for my husband's dental stuff, and the women's clinic is two blocks away, so, easy trip. I just still hope it ain't so, but I know it is.

*sigh.*

Again, thanks for the advice and interwebZ hugs. Sorry to dump, and, again, I am not a troll. Just a scared and lonely person, with a husband who will not really talk about this.

This forum seems full of intelligent people from diverse backgrounds, and I thought it might be a good place to ask about this.

I think I made the right decision in doing so, even though I have received some harsh responses.

I have to go to the hospital Monday for paperwork for my husband's dental stuff, and the women's clinic is two blocks away, so, easy trip. I just still hope it ain't so, but I know it is.

*sigh.*

I'm sorry about what you're going through and I hope you can get the medical care and advise you need right now.

I also hope you understand, though, how suspicious your original post sounded. My first thought is here is some troll trying to goad us into saying, "Oh, you need to get an abortion" and here's how to do it so they could use it as fodder for their anti-choice, fundie blog. Firstly, not everyone here holds the same position on abortion, and secondly, I doubt anyone would presume to tell you what you should do. You basically have the same three options as anyone else in that position.

I am in the latter half of my 40s, and I don't think being perimenopausal would produce a positive pregnancy test, but I'm not a physician.

Thanks for your post, Austin. Just wanted to let you know I was monitoring the sitch ... from not one but two (!) boring holiday parties last night, but gave up about 10 pm my time.

OP, i wish you well, and pray all turns out for the best possible for yourself and your family.

I'm sorry about what you're going through and I hope you can get the medical care and advise you need right now.

I also hope you understand, though, how suspicious your original post sounded. My first thought is here is some troll trying to goad us into saying, "Oh, you need to get an abortion" and here's how to do it so they could use it as fodder for their anti-choice, fundie blog. Firstly, not everyone here holds the same position on abortion, and secondly, I doubt anyone would presume to tell you what you should do. You basically have the same three options as anyone else in that position.

I am in the latter half of my 40s, and I don't think being perimenopausal would produce a positive pregnancy test, but I'm not a physician.

This. I hope that whatever you decide works out for you, noni. If you have not checked out your local Planned Parenthood, please do. Contrary to what fundies say, they do not just provide abortions (and some PP's don't even provide abortions.) They can provide the healthcare that you need right now at a price you can afford (or free.) They can counsel you on your options, and they won't push you towards getting an abortion.

I posted earlier, but it didn't go through. I did the hospital paperwork, then went to the women's clinic down the street. Not pp, but not a crisis pregnancy place, either.

I am glad that I have more options than I thought. Still early enough to take a non-surgical option. Expensive, but far less, in the long run.

Good vibes will be appreciated.

Archived