IGNORED

Lars and the Real Girl

MamaJunebug

Did I post about this already? One of the movie channels had it on and i was able to DVR most of it.

Best dang movie ever. Well, for a movie of its ilk: heartwarming, somewhat fantastical story about people coming together to help out a fellow human.

Anybody? (I'm not posting and running, I've got someplace to be for most of the day but I wanted to offer it up as a topic while it was top of mind.) :)

Nobody, huh? Well, when you get a chance, or if you do, give it a look-see. I think you'll like it. (I got one of my most impatient friends to look at it last night - the kind of person who can't be bothered with a movie that doesn't grab her 1,000% - she loved it!)

doesn't it have one of the wilson brothers in it? i wasn't in the fundy world when it came out but i would imagine it would cause quite the stir because ZOMG SEX DOLL!!!

:) No, no Wilsons. the big star (as of now) is Ryan Gosling, then there's Emily Mortimer and Patricia Clarkson. And a guy - Paul Schaeder or something - who's gorgeous and apparently a real actor, not a star whose name you hear on E tv and such.

I'm sure fundies would have NO truck with the movie since it's pg-13! Oh, and it shows Lutheranism as a strong, sweetly supportive religion. ;) Bad stuff, since fundies can't believe folks who baptize babies are any good at all, eh? I'm exagerrating.

Seriously, if you get a chance, give it a look. I think you'll love it.

loved it :) LOVED IT.

Beyond that - I have not much more to add because it's a little foggy in the mists of time. But yeah: original; moving; good peoples; all of that..

Yeah, jaelh, you know! I don't want to own many movies, but I think I'll ask for Lars for the winter gift exchange holiday. Feel-good for sure. I love where the Lutheran church ladies come to sit. Because that's what you do, when tragedy strikes. You come over and sit. <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my most favorite movies ever. If I'm having a crappy day, I watch it. It just makes me feel so much better.

Archived